The Rumour Thread

Nurgle  got a armywide 5++ and spam of mortals every unit unit every turn with nerfs to scrolls.

Fs only have got nerfs to every scroll,every hero,every hability,so far only a sligth buff to runes and a sligth buff to throwing axes in all the new book.

10 minutes ago, Doko said:

So far 3 nerfs for the same old hability and 0 buffs......in the style of every new leak of the book

I don't play against Fyreslayers very often, but isn't it the case that their strike first ability was locked behind a particular subfaction? On a quick glance, that doesn't seem to be the case here and will hopefully open up lists, rather than every army being from one lodge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I don't play against Fyreslayers very often, but isn't it the case that their strike first ability was locked behind a particular subfaction? On a quick glance, that doesn't seem to be the case here and will hopefully open up lists, rather than every army being from one lodge.

It was locked behind a subfaction that was three times as good as every other subfaction, even setting aside the first strike command ability.

Opening up other lodges for play is all well and good but this still a devastating nerf to Fyreslayers in practice, and those other lodges tend to focus on things (like Magmadroth spam) that don't benefit from this ability much or at all.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Doko said:

Nurgle  got a armywide 5++ and spam of mortals every unit unit every turn with nerfs to scrolls.

Fs only have got nerfs to every scroll,every hero,every hability,so far only a sligth buff to runes and a sligth buff to throwing axes in all the new book.

No, you misunderstood my point.
Up until release it wasn't clear how the whole Nurgle package would look like. 
Same here. We can't tell until we get all the info.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Yes was tied to hemdar.

But fs have 4 lodges.

1-focused on magmadroth that cant use this cp

2-focused in heroes that cant use this cp

3-focused on autorun6 and charge so cant use this cp(only in enemy turns)

4-hemdard that is the old lodge that had this cp and only this lodge can also use it now

So nop,we habent more choices,because is the same than old,only one lodge can use it

24 minutes ago, Doko said:

So far 3 nerfs for the same old hability and 0 buffs......in the style of every new leak of the book

Being able to use it in any other Lodge than Hermdar seems a buff to me.
Yes, it can be a nerf, but to say that, we need to know how the other lodges work

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

Remember everyone was underwhelmed by Nurgle up until release. Now it seems to be in a good spot.

This will happen with every single army. Either everyone sees the previews and assumes the army is utterly broken based on a few rules or has been nerfed and is unplayable. Even after the release people are upset when the book is in hand. But once it is on the tabletop the opinions become more nuanced and based on actual experience. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

No, you misunderstood my point.
Up until release it wasn't clear how the whole Nurgle package would look like. 
Same here. We can't tell until we get all the info.

I get where you're coming from, and we'll know for sure in a few more days but it's looking increasingly unlikely to me that Fyreslayers are getting any secret sauce big enough to offset a towering mountain of nerfs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Being able to use it in any other Lodge than Hermdar seems a buff to me

I can understand why it seems that way, but it's really not a big thing, IMO. For one this is an ability than even under ideal circumstances you'll get to use maybe once or twice over the course of a entire game (How many different full stacks of elite infantry to you think Fyreslayers have on the table?) As opposed to right now where first strike is used freely basically every turn and still Fyreslayers don't win much with that. Secondly, Hermdar is the lodge built around defensive tactics. There's no reason to play Lofnir at all if you're not dropping at least 2-3 Magmadroths on the table, and droths don't get to use this ability. Vorstarg is bulit around wild turn one charges and uh, you don't get to use this ability at all if you've already charged into combat, so pretty situational there. Greyfyrd is just terrible all around, but allegedly it's based on spamming foot heroes, and foot heroes also can't use this ability.

Even if the details of the subfaction abilities get shuffled around, aside from Lofnir, which we already know doesn't, I expect the themes will be largely the same, and only a defensive infantry theme (Which is Hermdar) is going to get much mileage out of this as written.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doko said:

Yes was tied to hemdar.

But fs have 4 lodges.

1-focused on magmadroth that cant use this cp

2-focused in heroes that cant use this cp

3-focused on autorun6 and charge so cant use this cp(only in enemy turns)

4-hemdard that is the old lodge that had this cp and only this lodge can also use it now

So nop,we habent more choices,because is the same than old,only one lodge can use it

So you're saying no other lodge other than Helmdar will use heath guard and bezerkers and no other lodge will ever get charged?

6 minutes ago, madmac said:

I can understand why it seems that way, but it's really not a big thing, IMO. For one this is an ability than even under ideal circumstances you'll get to use maybe once or twice over the course of a entire game (How many different full stacks of elite infantry to you think Fyreslayers have on the table?) As opposed to right now where first strike is used freely basically every turn and still Fyreslayers don't win much with that. Secondly, Hermdar is the lodge built around defensive tactics. There's no reason to play Lofnir at all if you're not dropping at least 2-3 Magmadroths on the table, and droths don't get to use this ability. Vorstarg is bulit around wild turn one charges and uh, you don't get to use this ability at all if you've already charged into combat, so pretty situational there. Greyfyrd is just terrible all around, but allegedly it's based on spamming foot heroes, and foot heroes also can't use this ability.

Even if the details of the subfaction abilities get shuffled around, aside from Lofnir, which we already know doesn't, I expect the themes will be largely the same, and only a defensive infantry theme (Which is Hermdar) is going to get much mileage out of this as written.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Example: You play Lofnir with 3-4 magmadroth and 1 unit of HGB. The enemy needs to take care of your buffed Magmadroths and be careful of your striking-first HGB's.

52 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

This will happen with every single army. Either everyone sees the previews and assumes the army is utterly broken based on a few rules or has been nerfed and is unplayable. Even after the release people are upset when the book is in hand. But once it is on the tabletop the opinions become more nuanced and based on actual experience. 

HOW DARE YOU USE SOUND LOGIC NEVERCHOSEN!!

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Depend, sometime knee ****** reaction have actually been true like with Slaanesh and Sylvaneath, other time the complaint is about something badly written despite the army still functioning like Nurgle

of course I reserve judgement until man who read book release his video but I tend to be on the side that GW been going down on rule writing quality despite charging you a premium on their rule books

edit: Knee J-E-R-K should not be censor and you can’t change my mind

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, novakai said:

Depend, sometime knee ****** reaction have actually been true like with Slaanesh and Sylvaneath, other time the complaint is about something badly written despite the army still functioning like Nurgle

of course I reserve judgement until man who read book release his video but I tend to be on the side that GW been going down on rule writing quality despite charging you a premium on their rule books

I can't really judge anyone for acting crazy about leaked rules (seeing as how I haven't played an actual game in years), but I understand the frustration to an extent. Imagine having spent hundreds, if not thousands in some cases, of dollars on a faction ... only to have your entire army to be completely jerked around. Of course, that doesn't even factor in the guys who had their preferred factions squatted.

Also, I agree that knee j£rk should not censored.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

The „problem“ is never whether the initial reaction will be right or not, but rather that up until we get at least a glimpse of the bigger picture, we don‘t know enough to form a proper opinion.

Take that Command Ability for example. As of now we know that it’s available for every lodge. What we don’t know is, whar Helmdar gets in exchange. Maybe Helmdar will be able to use it more often a turn and more than once on a particular unit. There simply is too much unknown.

edit: just to be clear, I can relate to the fear pf one’s favourite army getting nerfed (especially when it’s not S+ tier to begin with) & how that kills the mood. But that makes it even more important to voice cool headed opinions.

Doesn‘t happen out of spite, but rather to shift the focus of those who see a grim future ahead.

Edited by Rachmani
  • Like 3

True, I think it has to do with how Warcom write there article in AoS rules and then not really drumming up stuff to get excited for. Like if you show off the Magmadroth and Levadon battleline article maybe it better off to show the stat lines of their melee attacks and not their Niche range attack (the Levadon monsterous rampage is ok, just with out a fuller picture of any Levadon change it hard to feel it). Really it a lack of spice in the end.

granted with Fyreslayer, I think them being where they are as an army and not getting anything new probably already kill the mood. I don’t think rule previews and new changes where going to help people feel more positive about them.

edit: BoC had probably the most impactful change it has gotten in a while and Warcom didn’t promote or say a single thing about it.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

The whole point they do these articles is to stir people up and get them ranting about how something will be great or terrible. They don't want to give people the full context, that doesn't "generate engagement." 

TBH I barely look at them and if I do I certainly don't get worked up about them, it feels like playing into the whole lame game the marketers are playing. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 4

So going by the seemingly reliable Horus Heresy leaks, there's a new 'Reaction' called Return Fire that, when an enemy unit shoots at one of yours, allows you to target that unit with a ranged attack despite it not being your turn. Overwatch is still a thing (AKA poor man's Unleash Hell).

I'm honestly surprised we didn't see it in 3.0 and wonder if it might sneak its way into a GHB?

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

So going by the seemingly reliable Horus Heresy leaks, there's a new 'Reaction' called Return Fire that, when an enemy unit shoots at one of yours, allows you to target that unit with a ranged attack despite it not being your turn. Overwatch is still a thing (AKA poor man's Unleash Hell).

I'm honestly surprised we didn't see it in 3.0 and wonder if it might sneak its way into a GHB?

I feel like this rule only really works well in 40K and Horus heresy because every unit tend to have a range profile so you have more opportunity to use it while AoS many units are melee only or probably have a wimpy range attack that can’t shoot back at your opponent anyway.

that and each system has a different rule writing team so what the age of darkness team does is not always relate to what the AoS team does for rules 

4 hours ago, novakai said:

The worst part is that the censor is six asterisks which...obviously makes words like "******" come off MUCH worse if you aren't seeing the real number of letters.

edit: I have played myself, I'll leave it unchanged for posterity.

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Is that for Horus Heresy or AoS? 

Aren't we due another quarterly update soon?