The Rumour Thread

41 minutes ago, japaricio said:

In the same blogpost from bob I have read that he says the Chaos summer battletome will be Khorne. First time reading his blog, so it was the first time he said that or there are more placed where I can find further information? Becase I was also leaning more to Skaven vs Sylvaneth.

I doubt he actually knows just guess work.

Whitefang here who has a proven track record has hinted at Skaven. 

My own guess is either Skaven or Khorne as they are the oldest and most in need of updating into 3rd edition. 

3 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I doubt he actually knows just guess work.

Whitefang here who has a proven track record has hinted at Skaven. 

My own guess is either Skaven or Khorne as they are the oldest and most in need of updating into 3rd edition. 

My guess is Skaven first and i guess Khorne is getting a new Valkia model + tome with the latest rumour engine that looks like a Valkia wing. Since the RE is really new and some of those take a while before we see an actual model it could easily be in the winter or even next year. But this is just me trying to put things together.

13 minutes ago, Tijee said:

I've just asked Bob, here is his reply: http://disq.us/p/2ngwrn6

So he is guessing. Lots of very vague it's coming soon but could be later sort of stuff. 

And if what he says about AoS only getting 10 kits, we've already seen most of them:

New heroes for nurgle, Fyreslayers, deepkin, nighthaunt, dok and new nighthaunt unit. That's 6 and I doubt there are only another 4 kits to come for the rest of the year. 

Edited by Ogregut

12 minutes ago, Lechu said:

So Icon of Grimnir went from +1 to save rolls to a 6+ Ward Save.

Meh.

Bard of the Lodge isn't bad though. Be pretty awkward when the Flamekeeper claims the deceased's essence and then the Battlesmith immediately makes him get up.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

So Icon of Grimnir went from +1 to save rolls to a 6+ Ward Save.

Meh.

Bard of the Lodge isn't bad though. Be pretty awkward when the Flamekeeper claims the deceased's essence and then the Battlesmith immediately makes him get up.

It’s also always active now (so you don’t miss out if you get hit before you’ve had a turn) and doesn’t prevent retreating based on the preview. 

with the amount of mortal wounds flying around, an always active ward sounds good to me 

Just now, Magnusaur said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/28/coyl-is-coming-to-claim-harrowdeep-and-will-fight-anyone-with-his-borrowed-arm/

New Frankensteinian Warband. I've heard some great ideas for a non-magic/non-Nagash Death faction and this sounds pretty neat!

Looks like the underworlds release rumor was true! Frankstein zombies, should be followed by the stormcasts vs malerion elves in the second starter, them eshin and cities humans warband.

• Like 3

Just now, Azamar said:

It’s also always active now (so you don’t miss out if you get hit before you’ve had a turn) and doesn’t prevent retreating based on the preview. 

with the amount of mortal wounds flying around, an always active ward sounds good to me 

A normal save is going to come up a lot more than a Ward even with GW's fetish for giving things Mortals and the odds of rolling that 6+ are pretty low. Death aren't exactly dominating the meta despite all of their armies having it innately. 

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

A normal save is going to come up a lot more than a Ward even with GW's fetish for giving things Mortals and the odds of rolling that 6+ are pretty low. Death aren't exactly dominating the meta despite all of their armies having it innately. 

Getting the 5+ on a key turn will help though, in addition the new rally will help immensely if we can manage to be out of combat to even use it.

5 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

I may have mixed them there. Do you remember what was the last faction them?

I don't remember Stormcast being a prediction for Underworlds, but there was talk of a human warband, something something Witchunters or something like that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/28/coyl-is-coming-to-claim-harrowdeep-and-will-fight-anyone-with-his-borrowed-arm/

New Frankensteinian Warband. I've heard some great ideas for a non-magic/non-Nagash Death faction and this sounds pretty neat!

Yay! Underworlds rumour are a go!

Cities + Shadow Aelves box set is next. Time to save up!

• Like 1