The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, Ledgington said:

(unless Gelan is going to end up as a Stormcast).

I am well out of touch with lore. Has this happened before, an established character becoming a Stormcast? Would be cool. But doesn't the forging take a looooong time? My head is saying decades or more but not sure where I got that from.

7 hours ago, dnusha said:

Kragnos novel is probably a direct result of nobody wanting to buy Kragnos himself.  GW is trying promote him and make people like him but eh.... I honestly understand them and happy for people who like Kragnos, but for me he will always be an unnecessary and bizzare addition to destruction.  (not to mention this is 160$ model that costs 720 points in game and can die to a blob of sentinels/snakes)

So you think GW have gone this model isn't selling, let's get someone to write a novel, get it edited, get cover art, published and sent out around the world amidst a global shipping crisis within 7 months of said model being released. 

I think you under estimate how much work goes into writing and publishing a novel. 

Also, we have no data to back up that Kragnos hasn't sold well, he's defo popular on Instagram. He's a glorious model for painters. 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Based on the AOS tournament over the weekend at my FLGS, there were 22 players and 3 Kragnos in lists.  In total there were 5 Destruction players with each one owning a Kragnos.  I'm pretty sure everyone in my shop who has a non- Krule Boyz Destruction army has him except me.  That is because my Ogors are only 1,000 points.  I'm debating about getting him but want to finish my Nurgle first.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2022 at 7:13 PM, Nezzhil said:

Two different references, the new and the old. The new boxes in Spain are translated.

It seems they are going up in price from 35€ to 40€ , not sure if they are moving from 16 to 20 miniatures in the box .

QwV4bZs.jpg

Edited by cyrus
formatting
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Are those the new models today? I feel like we are through the Eldar reveals and I am hoping for something new for AOS before we get caught up in the Chaos Space Marine cycle.

It's possible there's something later but I would assume this is it for today and maybe be happily surprised rather than assume there will be and being disappointed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I've only read one Black Library book "The Court of the Blind King" and it was utter trash. Not in the way I expected, I was ready for it to be pulpy nonsense. My issue was that it flat out ignored and contradicted all the established Idoneth lore and just made them into super generic dark elves.

I completely agree with you. At least it was better than the Lumineth’s first novel ‘Realm-Lords’. That read like the author had read the battletome, made a check list of things to reference and ticked them off during a very generic ‘get McGuffin and stop ancient evil’ plot line. Blind kings was an odd misstep by David Guymer, although he’s generally a good writer for AoS (see ‘Champion of the Gods’) so I’m hoping he’s done better with Kragnos. 

6 hours ago, EntMan said:

I am well out of touch with lore. Has this happened before, an established character becoming a Stormcast? Would be cool. But doesn't the forging take a looooong time? My head is saying decades or more but not sure where I got that from.

Not to my knowledge. But the storyline in AoS has been moving fast, it’s been centuries since the realm gate wars already leaving little room for established mortal characters like the Van Denst’s. I’m not sure if the time between the necroquake and Broken Realms has been directly stated anywhere but the plot appears to move at a rate of decades. Where was Gelan sounded like he was on his last legs at his introduction. So maybe the plot is going to slow right down from now on. But I wouldn’t be surprised if his kit got turned into a generic witch Hunter kit (similar to the Malign Portents kits). Which still leaves room if he is popular enough to turn up again later. Witch Hunter Stormcast would be pretty cool after all.

Edit: just remembered Prince Jordain from the Realm Slayer audio play. He was a mortal who died and then came back in the second Realm Slayer as a Stormcast, so apparently doesn’t take too long to reforge someone

Edited by Ledgington

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The fact that GW is still pumping out Eldar articles is impressive.

It is almost as if releasing a Xenos Army is worth the attention as opposed to "these particular Marines are Burgundy and sure think the Emperor is swell... but also they are grim and gritty as you can tell from these heroic illustrations". 

I just wish that we got similar love for the mutant sea people abandoned by their god... I personally feel like their is lots to unpack there. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

It is almost as if releasing a Xenos Army is worth the attention as opposed to "these particular Marines are Burgundy and sure think the Emperor is swell... but also they are grim and gritty as you can tell from these heroic illustrations". 

I just wish that we got similar love for the mutant sea people abandoned by their god... I personally feel like their is lots to unpack there. 🤷‍♂️

They are space lumineth, what did u expect? 😛

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I agree!! Part of me is salty we havent had consistent Lore or Rules articles for any Factions since Lumineth were released.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Honestly the Idoneth are currently the only group of elves I actually like. They're literally a whole civilization that was scarred by not one, but TWO! different gods, and are just trying to stay alive against the odds. Plus, they ride sharks, and honestly my five year old self still can't get over it. 

Unfortunately, unless you're blue and gold or live in Hysh, GW currently does not like giving you anything but PAIN!!!

• Like 4

I ran (cliked) here as fast as I could. That looks very Chaos, even more it looks very Daemon Chaos. So my bets -

-Chaos Warriors Chosen

-Chaos Dwarf (I like the hype this group makes)

-Ruinstorm/undivided Daemons - Hear me out. We know the Siege of Terra is coming, well its here. We kind of know the big box is coming too. Daemons feature heavily in it. So much so that GW is bringing out a brand new Ka’Bandha model even with 2 existing Bloodthirstier kits , 3  if you count An’ggrath. (And boy oh boy is thathat cool with me) I can’t see Ka’Bandha coming solo, so my theory - New Daemon units in line with Ka’Bandha with intention to make more sales and beef out Daemon range. This is less a theory and more desperate mans Wishlist. Thanks ffor indulging me 😂

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1