The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, madmac said:

Wow, that's later summer than I was expecting. I'll just cross big summer release for AoS off my hopium list now I guess. It's going to be a long year if this is the pacing...

It's not that late in the summer, in the UK it's when summer really starts as it's when schools finish for the 6 week holiday. 

Also if they release 1 battletome at a time we'll have one a month up to July. 

Feb: deepkin

March: fyreslayer (or other way round) 

April : nighthaunt

May: daughters of Khaine 

June: skaven 

July: Sylvaneth 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Do u all think they will repack Dryads to be units of 10 or 20 or keep them as is? 

The sprue comes in multiples of 4, so if they repacked to an even number they'd have to add a fifth sprue, not impossible but seems unlikely IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Do u all think they will repack Dryads to be units of 10 or 20 or keep them as is? 

Based on the sprues, whatever number it is has to be a multiple of 4.

(So probably 12 for a slight increase on the price of 16!)

Edited by EntMan
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, madmac said:

The sprue comes in multiples of 4, so if they repacked to an even number they'd have to add a fifth sprue, not impossible but seems unlikely IMO.

When they repacked black orcs to ardboyz they actually  added a sprue (from 10 models to 15 models)

16 models box is really old concept from WHFB , it seems likely they can add a sprue to a 20 models box.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

40K Rumour Engine once again, but interesting news on the Sylvaneth front!! Hopefully this means that Skaven get a massive refresh.

9vA88RbLasmfbC61.jpg

Squats. It's DEFINITELY got to be Squats. Is there anything unSquatty about it. 

Look at how high they've stacked the hopium. There's even a can of deludium there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

40K Rumour Engine once again, but interesting news on the Sylvaneth front!! Hopefully this means that Skaven get a massive refresh.

9vA88RbLasmfbC61.jpg

This enginee and the various vehicle related ones we got in the last months are probably related to the necromunda release.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

This enginee and the various vehicle related ones we got in the last months are probably related to the necromunda release.

Mate I hadnt even connected that until you mentioned it. Absolutely they're going to do a Mad Max style season for Necromunda.

• Like 1

Are 3.0 packages different from before? I haven't been to a gaming store since the pandemic started...

Interesting that only(?) dryads are repackaged. Unsure what to expect from Sylvaneth in this edition. I want some of that sweet Drycha Hamadreth lore, but she's almost as unloved by GW as Chorfs are. Almost.

Nevertheless, guess this confirms Skaven and affirms Whitefang (once again) as the undisputed oracle of this forum?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Are 3.0 packages different from before? I haven't been to a gaming store since the pandemic started...

Interesting that only(?) dryads are repackaged. Unsure what to expect from Sylvaneth in this edition. I want some of that sweet Drycha Hamadreth lore, but she's almost as unloved by GW as Chorfs are. Almost.

Nevertheless, guess this confirms Skaven and affirms Whitefang (once again) as the undisputed oracle of this forum?

3.0 packages look like this now. 
https___trade.games-workshop.com_assets_2021_09_TR-89-19-99120209091-SavageOrruks.jpg?v=1633188948

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate I hadnt even connected that until you mentioned it. Absolutely they're going to do a Mad Max style season for Necromunda.

1 hour ago, Arzalyn said:

I started to get Dark Future vibes when I was reading about the Necromunda Ash Wastes stuff.

(Anyone else remember Dark Future? Or am I really showing my age? Heck, I remember playing Battlecars! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlecars)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, EntMan said:

I started to get Dark Future vibes when I was reading about the Necromunda Ash Wastes stuff.

(Anyone else remember Dark Future? Or am I really showing my age? Heck, I remember playing Battlecars! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlecars)

I thought the same!

Is Carl Critchlow still working? They should drag him back to do the art!

• LOVE IT! 1

20 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I'm not trying to spread hope, I'm a Tomb Kings player after all (though Tzeentch has a place in my heart as my introduction to Chaos). I'm just describing GW's usual tactic when it comes to Total War DLC: when a new one drops, they bring back the old molds for "Made to Order" deals.

Did they actually do this? I don't remember Tomb Kings going M2O for that DLC release