The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, wayniac said:

Still seems pretty lackluster to me.  Classic GW move, which is saddening as it appears they still haven't learned that if you only support a fraction of your armies with constant releases, those will of course be the top sellers, which results in you supporting them even more, rinse and repeat.  On the flip side, if you support the ones that don't get any love with updated rules and boxes, maybe people will think you're supporting them and actually buy them.

I sometimes think GW is too scared to take actual risks.

To be fair to GW the factions mentioned are the most recent releases. Wait until next Christmas before you pass judgment. It could well be that we have 4 different factions from 2017 (although we'll probably have another stormcast chamber). 

• Like 2

It's incredible how fast some people get used to getting deals from GW with huge savings - Only months back a deal like this would have been absolutely awesome :-)

Personally I think it's cool with bigger army deals with all the new armies (except the poor Fyreslayers). I am considering picking one up myself.

• Like 2

Not saying this isn't a set of great deals. They clearly are. I was just hoping for some of the lesser-loved factions to get some joy. Seems like a Start Collecting box + one of these equals a really solid force though. Variety, troops and great savings. It's pretty easy to start a new force these days.

(I just want a Fyreslayer bundle so I can start that army...)

12 minutes ago, Darth Alec said:

Not saying this isn't a set of great deals. They clearly are. I was just hoping for some of the lesser-loved factions to get some joy. Seems like a Start Collecting box + one of these equals a really solid force though. Variety, troops and great savings. It's pretty easy to start a new force these days.

(I just want a Fyreslayer bundle so I can start that army...)

Yeah I have to agree, the process of getting an army has been streamlined a great deal and I have to give GW credit for that. Its so much more inviting when you can see an example army or a grouped set of models as a new player, rather than wading straight into army composition. 

I am really loving the evolution of GW as a company, embracing the community behind AoS and those who are completely green to it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, polarbear said:

Ironjawz definitely stands out to me as the most attractive set, pairs really well with the Start Collecting. Are we sure that's 10 Brutes, not 10 Ardboyz? 

Yes they've big spikey necks collars, all bare heads and the 2 hander has a pose you can't get with ardboyz. Nice box then! I will not be getting it until I have finished painting all my ogors sometime around 2059

The Stormcast one looks like a very, very nice saving too> 10 liberators (not the monopose), venator/azyros, Celestant Prime, 2 Dracothian Guard, 5 Paladins that I can see.

That's a must have for anyone even just looking for dracoths and the prime.

41 minutes ago, Turragor said:

The Stormcast one looks like a very, very nice saving too> 10 liberators (not the monopose), venator/azyros, Celestant Prime, 2 Dracothian Guard, 5 Paladins that I can see

Wow, that comes with paladins too? Guess they must have skipped that when they were putting out the box content list.

46 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Yes they've big spikey necks collars, all bare heads and the 2 hander has a pose you can't get with ardboyz. Nice box then! I will not be getting it until I have finished painting all my ogors sometime around 2059

The Stormcast one looks like a very, very nice saving too> 10 liberators (not the monopose), venator/azyros, Celestant Prime, 2 Dracothian Guard, 5 Paladins that I can see.

That's a must have for anyone even just looking for dracoths and the prime.

Nice! That box and the Sylvaneth are incredible value.

1 hour ago, Barimbino said:

Wow, that comes with paladins too? Guess they must have skipped that when they were putting out the box content list.

Yeah bottom right, looks like 3 decimators (arranged as part of 5, the final 2 behind the other box). No more monopose retributor prime bullshit!