The Rumour Thread

Saw the new Magnus model at the 40k open day today and changing my opinion on it being s dual model.  Under his chest armour there are space marine 'plugs' (same as the wulfen black carapace ones), plus the legs are tree trunk thick (thicker than the Bloodthirster), far too chunky for a slender Lord of Change. I can see the wings working but rest seems too heavy set

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aryann said:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/11/40k-rumors-december-releases.html

So we have 8 mega bundles coming to 40k and AoS. If they are splitted even than we have 4 boxes for AoS sadly. Two are an easy guess - sc and bloodbound. I'd say Sylvaneth and Ironjawz left.

Gah. I had to go to that horrible site to check. :( 

I think the mega bundles sound about right, but you never know with how GW have been knocking things out this year.

I heard on Saturday in a GW shop: 8 Mega bundles, even spitted 40K and AoS, i.e. 4 for Aos.

For Aos: 1 for each Grand Alliance:

- Order: Sylvaneth

- Chaos: Khorne Bloodbound

- Death: not mentionned

- Destruction: not mentionned.

Price would be twice the normal Start Collecting Boxes price (i.e. 100 £ or 130 €), with around twice the minis. But this is not 2x the Start Collecting Box in term of minis.

It might be released on 19th of November (not sure whether it would be the pre-order day or the final release).

I also heard that beautiful models are on their way, with, for Chaos, especially Tzeench but also Slaanesh were mentionned. Release date not sure, maybe starting still this year but more probably beginning of next. Next year would be as interesting as this one, or even more.

It seems also that GW sells currently more AoS products than 40K ones on a worldwide basis.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Gah. I had to go to that horrible site to check. :( 

I feel sullied... :(

Looking forward to the next three months worth of releases regardless of what's coming out!  I'm fortunate in that I dabble in all of the main GW game systems so don't tend to have a month where I'm too disappointed with the releases :)

• Like 1

Hmmm does sound a bit boring. I was hoping these premium boxes were a logical step to £100 per box to accommodate the likes of Fyreslayers and Rotbringers. I wonder if these are the first 4 and there is more to come in the new year? Yes I think Black Friday may be one to watch this year as GW have really improved their prices since last year E.G. Start collecting boxes, Army boxes etc.

21 minutes ago, polarbear said:

Mega bundles sound a little boring. I hope there's a Black Friday sale to go along with it. Last year they packaged models that sell on squares with round bases. That would be a cool thing to do again.

1 hour ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Hehe, well at least I'm not alone in disliking that site, then.

It's a horrible site, especially considering it used to be somewhere really good to get rumours and see some of the cool stuff in the US. Even worse if you try viewing it off an iPhone!!!

54 minutes ago, Percivael said:

Hmmm does sound a bit boring. I was hoping these premium boxes were a logical step to £100 per box to accommodate the likes of Fyreslayers and Rotbringers. I wonder if these are the first 4 and there is more to come in the new year? Yes I think Black Friday may be one to watch this year as GW have really improved their prices since last year E.G. Start collecting boxes, Army boxes etc.

Just need to say this - Do not expect a Black Friday type sale off GW. Sales like this are usually to shift a load of stock before it is out of date or to make space in warehouses. GW stuff doesn't really go out of date in the same way as a lot of other stuff and they are fairly good at stocklevels now. Black Library on the otherhand may have a sale....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alcina said:

I heard on Saturday in a GW shop: 8 Mega bundles, even spitted 40K and AoS, i.e. 4 for Aos.

For Aos: 1 for each Grand Alliance:

- Order: Sylvaneth

- Chaos: Khorne Bloodbound

- Death: not mentionned

- Destruction: not mentionned.

Price would be twice the normal Start Collecting Boxes price (i.e. 100 £ or 130 €), with around twice the minis. But this is not 2x the Start Collecting Box in term of minis.

It might be released on 19th of November (not sure whether it would be the pre-order day or the final release).

I also heard that beautiful models are on their way, with, for Chaos, especially Tzeench but also Slaanesh were mentionned. Release date not sure, maybe starting still this year but more probably beginning of next. Next year would be as interesting as this one, or even more.

It seems also that GW sells currently more AoS products than 40K ones on a worldwide basis.

Couldn't heard nothing better if that's true.

Regarding mega bundles - I don't care if they are boring or not. If those minis come at a 60% price than if I bought them seperetely they are interesting enough for me. Sylvaneth mega box - I'm in. If they made it like Alliances mega boxes - like let's say 33% SE 33% Sylvaneth 34% Fyreslayers I probably wouldn't be interested. I like to keep things unmixed.