The Rumour Thread

12 hours ago, Enoby said:

Not exactly AoS, but the "coming soon" section of BL had daemon Fulgrim on it. Could be nothing, or could signify the start of a Slaanesh release in 40k (which would probably mean one in AoS). 

FB_IMG_1523222938376.jpg

If the cycle of Chaos updates continious like it did for the past 3 years I'd say we can still expect a large Slaanesh update in the last quarter of this year.

Just now, Sheriff said:

The only hope is that this years handbook gives rather than takes away again. 

Hm... Last ghb pushed BCR out of competitive category and didnt power up Ironjawz to this category... I think in this year we will see 1 more punch from GW on destruction and they will post some teaser like "Oh next year will be very good for destruction"

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Hm... Last ghb pushed BCR out of competitive category and didnt power up Ironjawz to this category... I think in this year we will see 1 more punch from GW on destruction and they will post some teaser like "Oh next year will be very good for destruction"

My thinking was surely it couldn't be WORSE than last years handbook and things can only get better O.o

• Like 3

Just now, Sheriff said:

My thinking was surely it couldn't be WORSE than last years handbook and things can only get better O.o

Yep... Before GHB out i buyed 2 spiderfang box as allies for ironjawz..... After GHB i cant use them, like allies and cant play with them, because GW nerfed them  :D

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Probably in the same way that this year was gonna be "Death's year." Grumble grumble... rabble rabble...

you got a great soup tome. i would be delighted with a soup tome. My biggest fear is NOT getting a soup tome as that means new models (which I don't care about). 

• Like 3

Just now, lare2 said:

Probably in the same way that this year was gonna be "Death's year." Grumble grumble... rabble rabble...

It is still the beginning of April.

Two battletomes, a death themed campaign, 2 death themed aos novels and a second Shadespire warband is pretty good. 

I am sure destruction players would be happy to get the same next year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sheriff said:

The only hope is that this years handbook gives rather than takes away again. 

My suggestion would be to get over to https://www.facebook.com/GWWarhammerAgeofSigmar/ and post about your thoughts. All the posts are read and if there is a common theme, it will make it's way into the Design Studio. They look at all comments/thoughts so well worth a go!

38 minutes ago, Chikout said:

t is still the beginning of April.

Two battletomes, a death themed campaign, 2 death themed aos novels and a second Shadespire warband is pretty good. 

I am sure destruction players would be happy to get the same next year.

100% this. Remember a few years ago when Destruction got Ironjaws, Beastclaw Raiders and Bonesplittaz? This is Aelves and Deaths year ;)  

• Like 1

Just now, Aranthir said:

Sure but Destruction got some love early on with BCR and Ironjawz, sure it was long ago but still , 2019 seems ok-ish.

BCR is dead faction now.... First dead faction with new version of battletome.... Ironjawz ok! I think it's was really nice release 2 years ago, but after second wave for many faction and KO/Deepkins/etc it's very poor when we compare it. Same situation for Sylvaneth and Fireslayers now...

42 minutes ago, Imperial said:

BCR is dead faction now.... First dead faction with new version of battletome.... Ironjawz ok! I think it's was really nice release 2 years ago, but after second wave for many faction and KO/Deepkins/etc it's very poor when we compare it. Same situation for Sylvaneth and Fireslayers now...

Fyreslayers still have a good showing (2nd at Adepticon). Somewhat agreed that BCR has disappeared.

14 minutes ago, Still-young said:

My heart is saying yes but my wallet is saying no~

Pretty sure the Namarti Thralls are the first mixed gender unit. The 3 models on the right, including the standard bearer have much slimmer arms, have covered torsos, and less definition on their arm muscles . Also, it may just be me, but their heads look more feminine to me than the other heads, slightly more oval and less angular.

I think this is a great movie. As an added plus the feminine characteristics are not overblown.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thundercake said:

Pretty sure the Namarti Thralls are the first mixed gender unit. The 3 models on the right, including the standard bearer have much slimmer arms, have covered torsos, and less definition on their arm muscles . Also, it may just be me, but their heads look more feminine to me than the other heads, slightly more oval and less angular.

I think this is a great movie. As an added plus the feminine characteristics are not overblown.

GW have released a few mixed gender units over the years, including Dark Elf Crossbowmen and Spite Revenants (and maybe Daemonettes, depending on how you look at it). But I agree, it's really good to see more mixed gender units and female models in general that don't look ridiculous. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Thundercake said:

If I understand you correctly: nah, dark aelven dreadspears/bleakswords/etc also have that mixed gender thing going for them :) probably some other units as well.

The thralls look so good though.

Edit: @Enoby you win this round :D

Edited by Mayple
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Qaz said:

My heart is saying yes but my wallet is saying no~

My Heart and Wallet are saying yes as I've been waiting for these but my wife is saying no! :D 

On a serious point, I'm very curious about the cost of the models. I'm hoping that the Namarti are around £25 but suspect they will be around £35 which seems to be the rate for these types of models. Just makes it more difficult to buy in bulk and hide them!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

My Heart and Wallet are saying yes as I've been waiting for these but my wife is saying no! :D 

My Heart, Wallet and GF are saying yes (something with cute little fishes) :D

Have a feeling the dice will be confusing. Any rumours if the ship will be free to use like the gnarlmaw and wildwoods?

Do you guys think the new magic supplement will be released before, together with or after AOS 2.0? I could imagine that they will release it together with the new version of the rules like the magic cards back in 8th edition.

@Mayple and @Enoby, you all are totally right. Missed the spite revenant champion. I also think glade guard are mixed gender upon taking a closer look at GWs website. I dunno about the dreadspear/darkshards though. From images on the GW website I couldn't see anything that differentiated any gender, though maybe it is in the rules/fluff.

Anywho, back to rumors!