The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

"You don't want to do that conversion right now. ^^" - Atia. So Fulgrim's the next, with AoS Slaanesh in January 2019

Thebiggesthat on Dakka Dakka said Fulgrim and Keeper of Secrets end of the year 2018, so maybe even sooner !

(This guy was right about GUO, new beast and blight lord)

Lol xenos players in denial. There not been a single peep about any xenos rumors other than Kroot of all things and that might take a year or a little more even if its true. Other than that zero chatter. If people think they are getting anything but power armor and imperial releases (with a side of demons) for the next eternity your deluded. There's been tons and tons of primarch rumors though. Also power armor. Everyone wants more of that lolol. If GW shows mercy upon you expect like... one model like the Necrons. Bow at their benevolence. 

I quit 40k for a reason. 

Well thank geez the orks are getting something, but not keeping my hopes up. I sure hope that turns out to be true. 

Edited by Barkanaut

Just now, Barkanaut said:

Lol xenos players in denial. There not been a single peep about any xenos rumors other than Kroot of all things and that might take a year or a little more even if its true. Other than that zero chatter. If people think they are getting anything but power armor and imperial releases (with a side of demons) for the next eternity your deluded. There's been tons and tons of primarch rumors though. Also power armor. Everyone wants more of that lolol. If GW shows mercy upon you expect like... one model like the Necrons. Bow at their benevolence. 

I quit 40k for a reason. 

Well, even if 40k news aren't really AOS release schedule rumors, it impacts it, so let's just add that there 2 Xenos release rumored : 

1. Gorkamorak summer 2018 (cf. new Buggy wheel Rumor engine).

2. Codex Orks end of the year 2018. 

It comes from several sources, notably a very reliable French rumormonger. 

NB : a good part of this summer should be dedicated to AOS 2.0, i.e. New main book, starter set, Nighthaunt, Stormcast, maybe new scenery (Stormkeep WHEN???). 

And Souls War by Josh Reynolds is out 10th July. 

12 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Thebiggesthat on Dakka Dakka said Fulgrim and Keeper of Secrets end of the year 2018, so maybe even sooner !

(This guy was right about GUO, new beast and blight lord)

See Tzeentch and Nurgle for references: 40k near the end of the year, followed by demons and AoS spilling over to the next year.

• Like 1

Just now, Bloodmaster said:

See Tzeentch and Nurgle for references: 40k near the end of the year, followed by demons and AoS spilling over to the next year.

Yeah, I hope we get that again for Slaanesh. Note that apparently Nurgle was due Summer 2017 (when Blightwar came out), so more or less 2 months after Death Guard (but then GW got the technical / energy problems in Nottingham we know about).

So the "end of the year window" may be a coincidence, but surely the "40k Legion + Daemon Primarch followed closely by AOS Battletome + Greater Daemon release" pattern seems solid. As a Chaos player I cannot wait anyway. 

56 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah, I hope we get that again for Slaanesh. Note that apparently Nurgle was due Summer 2017 (when Blightwar came out), so more or less 2 months after Death Guard (but then GW got the technical / energy problems in Nottingham we know about).

So the "end of the year window" may be a coincidence, but surely the "40k Legion + Daemon Primarch followed closely by AOS Battletome + Greater Daemon release" pattern seems solid. As a Chaos player I cannot wait anyway. 

yeah a much earlier release would be wonderful. But at least for 40k there should be other stuff before Slaanesh, say another loyal Primarch for example. But in the end, we can only lean back, speculate and be surprised what comes next ^^.

• Like 1

There is new stormcast battletome after malignant/ nighthaunt.

I hade heard new Khorne bezerkers and angron around Xmas time not heard anything on slaanesh models, although that’s not to say it’s not happening

People citing Atia as rumour source should know that she has no insider knowledge. With Temoulon gone we are pretty much dry on proven sources that are active. So past malignants v SCE it is all very much speculation. That being said I would bet on a Khorne december-January release, given the absence of a World Eaters faction. It would have little impact on AoS (updated Hounds, maybe some new daemons).

9 minutes ago, Turgol said:

People citing Atia as rumour source should know that she has no insider knowledge. With Temoulon gone we are pretty much dry on proven sources that are active. So past malignants v SCE it is all very much speculation. That being said I would bet on a Khorne december-January release, given the absence of a World Eaters faction. It would have little impact on AoS (updated Hounds, maybe some new daemons).

Well we still have Moostone here who was right in the past on multiple occasion wasn't he ? ;)

And based on multiple evidence a new SC vs Death seems quite plausible ! Though we may indeed all be wrong xD

Edited by Ghark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghark said:

Well we still have Moostone here who was right in the past on multiple occasion wasn't he ? ;)

And based on multiple evidence a new SC vs Death seems quite plausible ! Though we may indeed all be wrong xD

Indeed. I am not completely sure on Moonstone yet, as his good rumour was Morathi which had been called before by Temoulon. Then he claimed he had heard nothing of other Aelves, while Temoulon was accurately describing Idoneth. All of it may be true; he may simply have sources that did not reveal Idoneth. So I guess his test will come with new starter set being new chamber v Death (sounds very plausible) and the non-human undead being released.

34 minutes ago, LLV said:

There is new stormcast battletome after malignant/ nighthaunt.

I hade heard new Khorne bezerkers and angron around Xmas time not heard anything on slaanesh models, although that’s not to say it’s not happening

Stormcasts got more battletomes than Death. There is a chance they will have total more units than Death altogether. It's time for Stormcast Grand Alliance. 

Just joking while being relaxed. Why relaxed? I think I'm pretty much satisfied with those releases I waited for. Sylvaneth, Kharadrons, Deepkin. Will have enough minis to paint by the end of 2019. Only two releases of I can think that I wait for is Malerion and new Light Elves. Sure, I want great factions for all those Destruction and Death players that are waiting. 

27 minutes ago, Turgol said:

Who needs insider knowledge when you can just Follow the Paint? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do you guys think the Daemonettes will be re-done?

They are one of the few units that are not "dated" (i.e. not that old, plastic, good detail, good anatomy, technically sound,  etc.), but are stylistically not always the most popular.

There's a reason why Diazettes were one of the first Made to Order releases.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Turgol said:

That being said I would bet on a Khorne december-January release, given the absence of a World Eaters faction. It would have little impact on AoS (updated Hounds, maybe some new daemons).

This is exactly why I wouldn't bet on Khorne in November-January, simply because we got a combined Release for both systems. A Release slot that is more fitting for Slaanesh, than Khorne. 

39 minutes ago, Turgol said:

People citing Atia as rumour source should know that she has no insider knowledge.

Atia has a long track record of accurate rumours, which got watered down a bit by the addition of Bob on War-of Sigmar. She got a bit quieter over the years, but nevertheless is quite accurate on the rare occasions she offers information.

2 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Do you guys think the Daemonettes will be re-done.

I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Slaaneshi demons will probably go the same way as the other gods, a new direly needed Greater Demon some new Heralds and may be a new unit, but no re-imagination. Sadly, the Diaz Demonattes were much much better than the current ones, and are till now some of the best models produced by GW despite the age. The Bloodletters would deserve a re-designe as well, btw.

Edited by Bloodmaster
  • Like 1

Its the lack of dynamism that kills them for me.

The current Daemonettes look like they are just loitering around, while the Seekers look like they are on the parade ground.

Unlike Diaz's scuplts, there is no sense of speed or litheness suggested by the lore or warscrolls.

New KoS and Fiends are a no-brainer, and a plastic Masque would be great. In fact, I'd love the whole Daemon of Slaanesh range to be done in the style of the Masque (i.e. decadent, artistic and elegant, but deadly).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Source?

Can’t say but you’ll see. 

AoS 2 is coming but gw are calling it phase 2 so not sure if it will be billed as second edition or not. Age of Nagash gets talked about but I don’t think they will officially rebrand.

Starter box is stormcast vs malignant/ nighthaunt and likely will have the coach and definitely will have the new mini knight of shrouds unit.

magic getting a huge shake up in AoS - the purple sun is one of the old spells returning represented by a model instead of a template.

stormcast open new chambers so they can get another book out for them

this all likely happening before fiscal year end- so before end of June.

new Khorne bezerkers are already done along with angron- I heard end of 2018 Q1 so that would be around xmas

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

33 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Do you guys think the Daemonettes will be re-done?

They are one of the few units that are not "dated" (i.e. not that old, plastic, good detail, good anatomy, technically sound,  etc.), but are stylistically not always the most popular.

There's a reason why Diazettes were one of the first Made to Order releases.

After painting 40 of newer daemonettes I prefer them over the old ones. The old ones are „just“ naked women with claws. The newer Daemons are less human and more daemonic.

i hope they will not move backwards, we have now enough naked women (looking at you DoK!)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LLV said:

Can’t say but you’ll see. 

AoS 2 is coming but gw are calling it phase 2 so not sure if it will be billed as second edition or not. Age of Nagash gets talked about but I don’t think they will officially rebrand.

Starter box is stormcast vs malignant/ nighthaunt and likely will have the coach and definitely will have the new mini knight of shrouds unit.

magic getting a huge shake up in AoS - the purple sun is one of the old spells returning represented by a model instead of a template.

stormcast open new chambers so they can get another book out for them

this all likely happening before fiscal year end- so before end of June.

new Khorne bezerkers are already done along with angron- I heard end of 2018 Q1 so that would be around xmas

Thanks, interesting stuff, if true. Anything hearsay about Slaanesh, you can offer?

I am very curious how they are going to handle new stormcast. They did a battletome, then a mini battletome,  then a third battletome that brings it all together. Are they going to do another mini battletome,  and if so will they introduce new battleline units to make it viable or reprint some of the warscrolls from the main book or something else? 

Miniature wise each subsequent version of the stormcast has got  better, so, despite the inevitable cries of despair at more Stormcast and more Order, I am looking forward to seeing them.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

And where are Tyrion's and Malerion's Aelves ? :(

But seriously don't want them soon as I want to develop my Daughters of Khaine, but being disappointed with ID I'd love some new Aelves somewhere in one year time. 

I must say that was foreseeable. You let yourself hype too much and get too clearness of a picture at you wanted!