The Rumour Thread

1517617962970.jpg

>The living, too, populate Shyish, coexisting with the dead. The greatest concentration of mortals can be found in the so-called Prime Innerlands, the center mass of Shyish, far from the deadly edge of the realmsphere, where amethyst magic gathers in such quantity that to venture there would spell the death of any living thing. Here, they forge an existence from the harsh wilderness of Shyish. In these realms, tradition is sacred above all, and the honoured dead walk among the living. A princess might seek counsel from the spirit of her long-deceased mother, or a band of deathless warrior might keep an eternal watch upon the city wall, having sworn an oath to protect the living.

>Sometimes, the relationship between living and dead is one of mutual codependency. Other times it is fraught with strife and horror. The tomb-city of Gharnost is a gloom-shrouded metropolis ruled over by skeletal lords, where the living are enslaved, forced to build ever more elaborate and grander mausoleums for their pitiless overlords. The mortal populace – weary, ragged creatures bereft of hope – dread the grinding rattle that heralds the approach of the Corpse Carts. These reeking wagons halt outside the hovels of the living, and the unfortunate residents are dragged out by skeletal watchmen and butchered, their corpses hurled into the grim conveyance to later as mindless warriors of the lords of Gharnost.

>It's countless underworlds are astonishing in their splendour and variety. Athansia is a land of peace and enlightenment, where souls fade and are reborn in a endless cycle. Hallout, the Land of Dead Heroes, echos to the laughter and chanting of warrior tribes, battling side by side against hordes of monstrous fiends. These heroes die and are cremated each night, only to rise from the ashes the next morning to join their brothers and sisters in battle once more. The Latchkey Isle, by contrast, is a labyrinthine paradise filled with gleaming treasures locked behind impassable doors, watched over by solemn guard beasts and wicked traps. Here, the spirits of the foremost thieves in all the realms gather to challenge themselves with the greatest heists they have ever known, each more taxing and thrilling then the last.

We've got budhists, vallhalla and d&d heaven.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

1517617962970.jpg

>The living, too, populate Shyish, coexisting with the dead. The greatest concentration of mortals can be found in the so-called Prime Innerlands, the center mass of Shyish, far from the deadly edge of the realmsphere, where amethyst magic gathers in such quantity that to venture there would spell the death of any living thing. Here, they forge an existence from the harsh wilderness of Shyish. In these realms, tradition is sacred above all, and the honoured dead walk among the living. A princess might seek counsel from the spirit of her long-deceased mother, or a band of deathless warrior might keep an eternal watch upon the city wall, having sworn an oath to protect the living.

>Sometimes, the relationship between living and dead is one of mutual codependency. Other times it is fraught with strife and horror. The tomb-city of Gharnost is a gloom-shrouded metropolis ruled over by skeletal lords, where the living are enslaved, forced to build ever more elaborate and grander mausoleums for their pitiless overlords. The mortal populace – weary, ragged creatures bereft of hope – dread the grinding rattle that heralds the approach of the Corpse Carts. These reeking wagons halt outside the hovels of the living, and the unfortunate residents are dragged out by skeletal watchmen and butchered, their corpses hurled into the grim conveyance to later as mindless warriors of the lords of Gharnost.

>It's countless underworlds are astonishing in their splendour and variety. Athansia is a land of peace and enlightenment, where souls fade and are reborn in a endless cycle. Hallout, the Land of Dead Heroes, echos to the laughter and chanting of warrior tribes, battling side by side against hordes of monstrous fiends. These heroes die and are cremated each night, only to rise from the ashes the next morning to join their brothers and sisters in battle once more. The Latchkey Isle, by contrast, is a labyrinthine paradise filled with gleaming treasures locked behind impassable doors, watched over by solemn guard beasts and wicked traps. Here, the spirits of the foremost thieves in all the realms gather to challenge themselves with the greatest heists they have ever known, each more taxing and thrilling then the last.

We've got budhists, vallhalla and d&d heaven.

Man Nagash has got something for everyone. xD

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Harioch said:

As it's quite easy to connect every "factions" with Malign Portents :). I mean if they released Tzeentch instead of Nurgle in January, GW would have gave something like "Tzeentch is afraid of Nagash plan because it means unchanging, static life and that the god of change couldn't bear etc...".

What I meant was that Malign Portent in itself will not give any clue about faction release as narrative is not the prime concern for the releases' schedule. So in the end, Death can end up with no new models even if they are the main antagonist in MP. But that's just...like...my opinion man....

I'm a death collector and I disagree with the bolded. From all we've heard and the synopsis on the GW site, we sort of aren't  the main men in MP - Nagash is still building up whatever it is he's planning and the other factions are the aggressors/stars of the show and are invading Shyish en-mass after seeing portents of doom -  there's no indication Malign Portents finishes this up, I think it might be all build-up for whatever happens after.

If so, makes sense we're not so much in the spotlight/get nothing new in light of that, we're almost the NPC in this. Hopefully, once his plan finally is revealed, it will be Death in the spotlight and the plan will be partly in the shape of some new stuff, maybe a new sub-faction. Though goodness knows we could do with a new zombie/blood knight kit to get us by til then.

Edited by Mirbeau
  • Like 2

I don't think that Adepticon changing its rule cut off date has any

On 2/1/2018 at 9:46 PM, BURF1 said:

Small thing:

Adepticon updated their AoS tourney rules recently. Previously the cutoff for new releases was Feb. 22nd, now it's March 3. The last time they did this it was due to Guillamen . This time, could be nothing, could be a hint at DOK on the 22nd or 3rd.

I don't think the DoK release date can be read from the adepticon rules changes. I'd love it if they did come out then,  But 3 weeks has always been Alex's cut off date for new rules. He runs lots of events throughout the year, and always the same.

1 hour ago, maximum_pants said:

I don't think that Adepticon changing its rule cut off date has any

I don't think the DoK release date can be read from the adepticon rules changes. I'd love it if they did come out then,  But 3 weeks has always been Alex's cut off date for new rules. He runs lots of events throughout the year, and always the same.

The only reason it's possibly relevant is simply because it was stated that it was the 22nd before and got changed, and because the warhammer 40k team tournament did a similar thing last year for Guillamen. Combine that with the only known releases from the 24th through the end of March being 3 40k codexes with 1 new model between them, the new imperial knight model and DoK, it's not like they don't have a window for them.

That said it could just as easily be nothing. A typo or some other thing. Lots of reasons the date could change. Or it could have always been the 3rd all along and got read wrong. 

Hell, even if it's right it could still be a massive coincidence.

12 hours ago, Sete said:

Zombies for pre order. Yeah nah mate.

I know right. 

Also did anybody else notice their are new 'start collecting' boxes for three of the Heralds but none for the lord ordinator :S Seriously confused why that one would be excluded. 

5a780cbc6ce08_ScreenShot2018-02-05at08_49_38.png.031ddca1f183f75a3cb5209666f2ff9a.png

13 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I know right. 

Also did anybody else notice their are new 'start collecting' boxes for three of the Heralds but none for the lord ordinator :S Seriously confused why that one would be excluded. 

Could it be that GW doesn't have any plastic ORDER WAR MACHINE models right now?
It's the only reason I can think of why they wouldn't make one for him.

Edit: No they are there :P I don't know why they skipped him...

12 hours ago, Sete said:

Zombies for pre order. Yeah nah mate.

Let's party like it's 1999.

Edited by Killax
  • Haha 2

It looks like the structures of those bundles are

Start Collecting Set

Herald

Centrepiece Model (Warshrine, Terrorgheist, Maw-Krusha).

The Ordinator doesn't really have a piece that makes sense for the Centrepiece. The Ironweld Arsenal stuff hasn't been repackaged for Age of Sigmar yet (So rules out the Steam Tank). Which would basically leave you with a Kharadron Overlords ship which doesn't really feel right in a Stormcast army.

So I think from a first look it feels weird, but once you kinda look under the hood a bit it makes some sense as to why there isn't one for the Ordinator. 

Something I feel inclined to point out would not be an issue if GW just sold all their kits with round bases. Pretty sure almost all their square based kits are webstore only now, and even if they don't want to repackage stock they could always ship them with rounds outside the pack anyway given they're all on the webstore.

10 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

The Ordinator doesn't really have a piece that makes sense for the Centrepiece. The Ironweld Arsenal stuff hasn't been repackaged for Age of Sigmar yet (So rules out the Steam Tank). Which would basically leave you with a Kharadron Overlords ship which doesn't really feel right in a Stormcast army.

There's the Gyrobomber/copter.

8 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

There's the Gyrobomber/copter.

That is true, hadn't noticed they'd been resupplied on rounds (I guess perhaps when they were included as part of the Free Cities they got a box update as well. Which is strange that the Free Peoples kits haven't).

That being said, the Gyro-kits aren't exactly super large to be centrepiece models, and probably were overlooked as something that makes sense alongside the Ordinator (Them being fast moving flyers ahead of the army).

I hope that there won't be a mess with the kits: some olds kits (mortis engine, neferata, morghasts etc...) have new options. It seems that there will be some new kits. Problem: old one are not all solds (especially in the retailer shops). When I buy a SC for example, I'd like to be sure that this is the new kit with all options. Example: the mortis engine in the SC malignat has 2 options. It should now have 3. same for the other kits

Just now, GeneralZero said:

I hope that there won't be a mess with the kits: some olds kits (mortis engine, neferata, morghasts etc...) have new options. It seems that there will be some new kits. Problem: old one are not all solds (especially in the retailer shops). When I buy a SC for example, I'd like to be sure that this is the new kit with all options. Example: the mortis engine in the SC malignat has 2 options. It should now have 3. same for the other kits

The kits are not changinging. They just added a new way to use the existing parts. Same as they did with Flesh Eater Courts.

• Like 1