The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, Nico said:

There's a reference to "updated allegiance abilities for Destruction" on the Facebook page, which suggests that none of the existing allegiance abilities are sacred.

I'd be stunned if Destruction and Death didn't get changed. If they stay the same, they lose so much design space as it's quite improbably that they would make the sub-allegiance abilities powerful enough to justify taking them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

I'd be stunned if Destruction and Death didn't get changed. If they stay the same, they lose so much design space as it's quite improbably that they would make the sub-allegiance abilities powerful enough to justify taking them. 

Pretty much, how do you beat destruction move+battlebrew or 5+deathless minions without breaking the game?

1 hour ago, Nico said:

You don't have to use Scions at all (although it has its place vs KO etc.). 

I'm talking about the ridiculously good rent-a-cover Trait plus Prayers plus Mirrorshield plus Lanterns.

I see those abilities as pretty much an auto take, in the same category as battle brew and ruler of the night, and id be happy to see them all nerfed.

I hope they dont drop the ball like this with these new sets of abilities, it really winds me up having pages of rules that are never used because youd be stupid not to take the obvious stuff!

New Black Library novel about Kharadron hitting in November with a metal name and rather swanky cover:

BLNovPreview-Overlords4ks.jpg

Overlords of the Iron Dragon

A Warhammer Age of Sigmar novel

Brokrin Ullissonn, a down on his luck duardin captain, has a change in fortunes when he finds an untapped source of aether-gold – but is the danger that awaits him and his crew worth the prize, or are they doomed to further failure?

READ IT BECAUSE
It's the Kharadron Overlords' first starring role in a Black Library novel, and it's as packed with high-skies action, excitement and danger as a sky-ship's hold is with aether-gold!

THE STORY
Far above the highest mountain peaks, a new power has arisen. The duardin have developed new technology and weapons of war, and now they sail the skies in their amazing airships, seeking wealth and plunder. Brokrin Ullissonn, Captain of the Ang Drak, has a reputation for bad luck. Unless his fortune turns, and soon, he will lose his ship and his livelihood. When he and his crew discover the location of a source of aether-gold of unparalleled quality, the temptation is too strong to resist. No matter what dangers present themselves, the duardin desire wealth beyond all. But when Brokrinn realises what the true cost of the aether-gold will be, is it too late for him to save himself, his crew, and his ship?

Written by C L Werner

http://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/november/overlords-of-the-iron-dragon-ebook.html?utm_source=WarhammerCommunity&utm_medium=Post&utm_content=BLNovemberPreviewAug2

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

New Black Library novel about Kharadron hitting in November with a metal name and rather swanky cover:

BLNovPreview-Overlords4ks.jpg

Overlords of the Iron Dragon

A Warhammer Age of Sigmar novel

Brokrin Ullissonn, a down on his luck duardin captain, has a change in fortunes when he finds an untapped source of aether-gold – but is the danger that awaits him and his crew worth the prize, or are they doomed to further failure?

READ IT BECAUSE
It's the Kharadron Overlords' first starring role in a Black Library novel, and it's as packed with high-skies action, excitement and danger as a sky-ship's hold is with aether-gold!

THE STORY
Far above the highest mountain peaks, a new power has arisen. The duardin have developed new technology and weapons of war, and now they sail the skies in their amazing airships, seeking wealth and plunder. Brokrin Ullissonn, Captain of the Ang Drak, has a reputation for bad luck. Unless his fortune turns, and soon, he will lose his ship and his livelihood. When he and his crew discover the location of a source of aether-gold of unparalleled quality, the temptation is too strong to resist. No matter what dangers present themselves, the duardin desire wealth beyond all. But when Brokrinn realises what the true cost of the aether-gold will be, is it too late for him to save himself, his crew, and his ship?

Written by C L Werner

http://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/november/overlords-of-the-iron-dragon-ebook.html?utm_source=WarhammerCommunity&utm_medium=Post&utm_content=BLNovemberPreviewAug2

I'm more hyped for a Khardron Overlords novel than the new GHB now.

7 hours ago, Nico said:

You don't have to use Scions at all (although it has its place vs KO etc.). 

I'm talking about the ridiculously good rent-a-cover Trait plus Prayers plus Mirrorshield plus Lanterns.

Eh, the only stormcast battalion worth using competitively is aetherstrike so it's not like having more than 1 good relic matters.

Eh, the only stormcast battalion worth using competitively is aetherstrike so it's not like having more than 1 good relic matters.

Hammerstrike Force is still solid. At least two of the mega battalions are viable (Celestial Vindicators and Hallowed Knights).

Wardens of the Realmgate is also excellent.

2 hours ago, BURF1 said:

Hammerstrike!?

Also those teeth could be a nurgle dude's belly, a new squig... or maybe a Lord Commander's Ur-Stardrake cos its been more than five minites since stormies got reinforced!

Edited by Captain Marius
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nico said:

The rumour engine is out. It's a big mouth - perhaps a Nurgle mouth or Cthulhu Aelves.

How about linking the picture?

Aug2_RumourEngine6sbA.jpg

18 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Is that the first Rumor to not be a model?

No, there was also that KO mini-picture, very short near release. And a part of the cover for Index: Xenos was also shown.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Is that the first Rumor to not be a model?

Nope, they did a few art mills before. One for Kharadron, one Death Battlemat looking one and the Shadowspire head icon, that appeared in the Skirmish books, though we still do not know what or whom it represents.

Current one looks like Nurgle art, no surprise, with Codex Deathguard around the corner.

10 hours ago, Nico said:

I can see that argument, but that also translates into nerfing the worst Grand Alliance, I.e. Death at the same time as deleting 40% of their units including all of their mid to long range shooting.

This is pretty much why I'm sour on Death at the moment. Basically either they keep their GA abilities and all the new sub-allegiance stuff will just be window dressing, or they take a nerf bat with the loss of their GA package. That said, this could be offset somewhat with point reductions and if other armies are getting some point increases in the problematic stuff it could wash out. That said, it's also very possible that Death will just continue to suck or suck even worse until they get a real battletome.

• Like 1

I feel a bit down because the way I see the releases it feels to me that with the exception of the General's Handbook MKII the August will be 40k dominated. On top of that if they plan to release Death Guard soon (which seems logical) September may also be dedicated to 40k...

... This leaves the rumoured new Aelves in the back as it was said that they were coming this summer. I know this is a rant but I want my new damned elves!! With the exception of the two characters from Silver Tower we haven't got a new elven model since before the freaking End Times...

Again sorry for the rant but I had to let off some steam... :)

• Like 4

It'll be interesting to see if it's the Aelves (seemingly hinted to with the KO release) or Deathrattle (timed with this fall's targeted Shadespire release).

I'd like them to go ahead and updated Nurgle with a proper Battletome so they can be brought up with Tzeentch and Khorne.