The Rumour Thread

It's also notable that the absence of Old World-style cities and relatable day-to-day humans was one of the most common criticisms of AoS when it was launched. Given the timescale of GW's planning and production process, it's likely that this new set of releases is one of the first to be conceived after that feedback came in. Maybe they're course correcting a little bit by giving Free Peoples some love before doubling down on Flying Robo-Dwarves?

1 minute ago, CJPT said:

It's also notable that the absence of Old World-style cities and relatable day-to-day humans was one of the most common criticisms of AoS when it was launched. Given the timescale of GW's planning and production process, it's likely that this new set of releases is one of the first to be conceived after that feedback came in. Maybe they're course correcting a little bit by giving Free Peoples some love before doubling down on Flying Robo-Dwarves?

Sounds plausible to me!

I know there's a hefty want for both Steam Duardin and free peeps but I'd like to see Duardin halted and campaigned against renewed and rebooted Grots.
Some sweet artisan engineer vs psychotic engineer action.

I think that's unlikely, as that'd be skirting the IP/imagery of goblinoids in Warmachine /WoW.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have always considered there to be the major factions (the ones we all knew were coming in some form)

such as:

- Stormcasts

- Fyreslayers

- Ironjaws

- an army for each chaos god

- Sylvaneth

- The new Tyrion and Malerion forces.

Ive always felt like the devoted of sigmar and the splintered highborn factions etc to be more back bench forces (In terms of release and fluff)

In that respect i am thinking (and hoping) that maybe they will drip feed new models into factions like this (Which they kind of did with Spire of dawn as that bulked out the swifthawks a little) in and amongst the "Big releases" or repackaging/Giving a battletomb to the factions that are large enough to have them.

In that regard im on the warpriest on demigryph bandwagon for devoted of sigmar

• Like 2

The same Wow/Blizzard that originally took it's look from GW? I'd say that would be pretty darn fun!

"[Blizzard co-founder] Allen Adham hoped to obtain a license to the Warhammer universe to try to increase sales by brand recognition"

http://kotaku.com/5929161/how-warcraft-was-almost-a-warhammer-game-and-how-that-saved-wow

Bring on the Stunties vs Gobboz Dogs of War High Flying Fighting Extravaganza!

• Like 2

Yeah I think it's going to be devoted of sigmar also free people and devoted of sigmar are separate. Army wise since I run them they are in a similar position to sylvaneth. 

They need some form of cav and elite unit along with a plastic hero and they would be good to go.

also in context of the narrative it would make sense for devoted to step up and sigmar to turn them for this problem. Since they have the correct mindset to deal with tzeentch cults and the intrigue.

Also out of all the factions they gave them a new model in the sliver tower.

I could be wrong of course.

Edited by shinros

10 minutes ago, shinros said:

Also in context of the narrative it would make sense for devoted to step up and sigmar to turn them for this problem. Since they have the correct mindset to deal with tzeentch cults and the intrigue.

Also if you're thinking, in terms of the fluff, if you're trying to uncover a Tzeentch plot in a city stormcast don't really fit as the investigative type, it would also by hard for them to go undercover..for that you need witch hunters etc.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, EvDJ said:

Also if you're thinking, in terms of the fluff, if you're trying to uncover a Tzeentch plot in a city stormcast don't really fit as the investigative type, it would also by hard for them to go undercover..for that you need witch hunters etc.

Pretty much a witch hunter is one of the main characters in a upcoming novel and they are a part of the devoted of sigmar army. Also they have anti wizard and chaos rules. Compared to the guilds they are lacking in units similar to the sylvaneth.

Also CJ noted they are mentioned in the white dwarf I really need to get my hands on the Jan issue. Plus it's telling in the novel the only person that believes the captain is the witch hunter.

Edited by shinros

I know steam heads aren't mentioned too much but follow me on this for a second:

Maybe it's because tzeentch will overwhelm the cities, and on the third day sigmars forces will look to the horizon.  A certain dwarf God aboard a zepplin will show his hand and give them some steam powered justice.

...I just kind of want more pics of dwarf releases.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Taketheskull said:

Maybe release for a Witch Hunter faction to pair with Disciples of Tzeentch, much like they released Deathwatch and Genestealer Cults in close proximity in 40k?

Exactly what I was about to say. Hopefully without ridiculous benefits to fighting keyword chaos, or otherwise comes with a price tag to match said rules. Don't need to neuter Disciples immediately.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Exactly what I was about to say. Hopefully without ridiculous benefits to fighting keyword chaos, or otherwise comes with a price tag to match said rules. Don't need to neuter Disciples immediately.

They already have rules like that witch hunters do d3 damage to wizards and the war altar is a nightmare for chaos. Soon as disciples of tzeentch was announced Nico pretty much said the direct counter to the force would be devoted of sigmar.

Their weakness is that the core infantry they have suck somewhat.

Edited by shinros

So i just had a crazy thought. With all this obviously duardin stuff, now this. Do you maaabye reckon we could get a combined prder book for the free peoples who live in the cities? So im talking steamhead duardin alongside devoted of sigmar etc. Somewhat in the same way that DoT combines 3 subfactions?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Karchev23 said:

So i just had a crazy thought. With all this obviously duardin stuff, now this. Do you maaabye reckon we could get a combined prder book for the free peoples who live in the cities? So im talking steamhead duardin alongside devoted of sigmar etc. Somewhat in the same way that DoT combines 3 subfactions?

Oooh, like a Mortals of Sigmar book that groups together some of the smaller alliances who fit together thematically? Could be interesting.

1 hour ago, Karchev23 said:

This might be the case I could see it happening. Perhaps it might be free people, Collegiate Arcane and then devoted of sigmar. Someone also did this image on facebook. 

15965579_10156438221992228_6526662186314 

Personally I would love to see a Devoted of Sigmar release! I've got a War Altar, warrior priests and a handful of converted witch hunters I'd love to dust off the shelf!

If they did a book combining the three human factions, I would be in heaven. 

To me, the rumour mill pic looks as though the white/striped areas are definitely the neck of some sort of beast, with the blue areas making up a kind of feathered back/rear. The crossbow seems to be attached to a harness, so I'd agree it's likely a demigryph of some description. The amber wizard rides a turquoise feathered griffin, so it wouldn't be the first. 

Yeah so they just finished the interview with Nick Horth on warhammer tv who is writing this book. He goes into some of the finer details of the book. Also Darth Alec was in the stream so he/she might correct me if I get any details mixed up.

THE STORY 
Excelsis is the city of secrets, a grand and imposing bastion of civilisation in the savage Realm of Beasts. Within its winding streets and shadowy back alleys, merchants deal in raw prophecy mined from an ancient fragment of the World That Was, and even the poorest man may earn a glimpse of the future. Yet not all such prophecies can be trusted. When Corporal Armand Callis of the city guard stumbles upon a dark secret, he finds himself on the run from his former comrades, framed for a crime he did not commit. Only the Witch Hunter Hanniver Toll knows the truth of his innocence. Together the pair must race against time to save Excelsis from a cataclysm that would drown the city in madness and fear. 

2526d7c3160cde7462a6fd6bd4def57c_5394.jp

Yeah so he explains further that a free guild captain see's something he should not have seen and only the witch hunter and his companion who is a duardin is helping him. He goes on to explain this book will see how normal people view all the craziness but on the ground level things are still similar yet not. Like there is a shard of the world that was in the sea next to the city that is mined as currency to be used to glimpse in the future. 

Nick also describes the protagonists as quite gritty as well. 

Also the scourge privateers(corsairs) control the docks and they are not nice people going by Nick's description of them twitch chat called them pretty much Aelven mafia well they sound like it. xD

The witch hunter is from the order of ayzr created by sigmar to destroy corruption in the new cities but they are stretched to the absolute limit with all the new people coming into the cities. 

They also look at the divide between those who came from ayzr who are taking all the important jobs and the tribes nomands and people who survived the age of chaos coming into the cities it seems they live in the more slum like area. Also many of the people of ayzr view these people coming in corrupted by chaos because they wonder how they survived with the age of chaos hanging over them. 

Also we get to see how a normal human views a stormcast of course some are heroic and mingle with the populace but the ones in the city are the knight excelsior who hate everything to do with chaos and of course if they get a hint they will carry out a purge and purges happened in the past. Hence why the witch hunter's job is so important. 

One last thing sigmar's hope was to have all three main races living in the cities together of course certain armies are seperate and doing their own thing even if they are allies but largely the cities are a mixed population perhaps with one main group. Like the city in the novel is mainly a free guild city while let's say the one in the realm of life has a larger aelf population since it was mainly built by the phoenix temple. I quite like this since it makes it dynamic. 

Yeah so the city in the book is one of the main cities of the realm of ghur.

Now people want a new mordheim or AOS RPG the book sounds pretty awesome.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Paul G said:

Sounds amazing apart from how does one deal in raw prophecy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using fragments from the core of the world that was aka the warhammer world. There is a huge shard of it in the sea next to the city they use the magic from that to glimpse into the future. 

Of course knowing tzeentch he would exploit the hell out of that and as they said tzeentch thrives in civilization compared to khorne and nurgle. Same with slaanesh hence why I suspect the narrative will be looking at these two. Tzeentch is first and I suspect slaanesh is next.  

This sounds neat, but by continually using World That Was stuff (inexplicably survived characters, the stump of the SuperTree, and now a 'fragment' of the world), they make me feel likev I'm watching Lost - a story with lots of flash and hooks, but no sense or explanation.