The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Lets do some calendar-math out loud:  Gloomspite Gitz  today and next week. The Carrion Empire box is done, boxed, with existing  plastic minis (even if the 2 bosses are new). Meaning super soon release. That leaves us with :01/19 or 01/26 pre-order date. Ouch, I didn't plan that. I have to sell a kidney.

I doubt it’ll be out that skin after Gloomspite Gitz. I’d expect Genestealer Cults first. 

Actually be interesting to see what they do with the Ambull as that’s a hell of a model to just have for a spin off game.

Sure they’ll give it main 40k & Kill Team rules like the other BSF models got though not sure which faction they’d add it to really.

But could also work well in a few AoS armies, Gloomspite obviously (though it’s slightly less comedic/cartoony) and there has been rules for rogue dimension crossing Ambulls accidentally finding their way to the old WHF world before,  so could happen (or just sone home brew rules would be easy to do if course).

Now that I’m looking at it again.

could it be that skyre will be combined with the verminus and Masterclan factions.

if you look at the pictures of the Skaven army review, you’ll notice that, Gw have been only showing pics of these three clans.

also the artwork on the box seems to include skaven clanrats and Stormvermins.

It also seems like the review of the skaven kind is heavily leaning into the way in playing skyre and verminus.

might this be a glue?🤔

Edited by Skreech Verminking

5 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Now that I’m looking at it again.

could it be that skyre will be combined with the verminus and Masterclan factions.

if you look at the pictures of the Skaven army review, you’ll notice that, Gw have been only showing pics of these three clans.

also the artwork on the box seems to include skaven clanrats and Stormvermins.

It also seems like the review of the skaven kind is heavily leaning into the way in playing skyre and verminus.

might this be a glue?🤔

I'd be really surprised if they don't just combine all Skaven into one faction. Focus in on the interesting and weird bits, jettison some of the duller old bits or things that don't have models anymore, just like Gloomspite. 

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

The new Carrion box could come out between Gitz and Genestealers since the boxed set is a one-item release. So quite small compared to the bigger release of both Goblins and Cultists. 

It could, but it’s a fairly pricy box to come straight after a big army release. I would think there’d be stuff in between. 

10 minutes ago, michu said:

Hey, I don't know if it was already shown, but for all rat cultists (and also green-things and beard-things, but who cares about them):

https://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/april/warlords-of-karak-eight-peaks-2019.html

Did that just came out , or have I just never noticed it for years.?

Edited by Skreech Verminking

28 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Lets do some calendar-math out loud:  Gloomspite Gitz  today and next week. The Carrion Empire box is done, boxed, with existing  plastic minis (even if the 2 bosses are new). Meaning super soon release. That leaves us with :01/19 or 01/26 pre-order date. Ouch, I didn't plan that. I have to sell a kidney.

Here's some calendar math: Wrath and rapture revealed (done, boxed, mostly existing plastic minis) in August, released in December.
I don't think a "soon" release for the new box is a given... 

15 minutes ago, michu said:

I think that "more exciting news" for Skaven should be .... plastic acolytes (10 in box, not 5 please).

Anything is better than 1, metal, for $10, contents may very. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Here's some calendar math: Wrath and rapture revealed (done, boxed, mostly existing plastic minis) in August, released in December.
I don't think a "soon" release for the new box is a given... 

Difference being we didn't see all the W&R minis for ages. New box has just showed us all it's got

1 minute ago, Barkanaut said:

What is this for in 40k? And where can I find out more. 

It’s an Ambull (an old fan fave beast form the 1st Rogue Trader book) that’s the main (well pretty much only model) in a new Blackstone Fortress expansion pack they showed off today, ‘The Dreaded Ambull’.

1 minute ago, Ungface said:

its an Ambull and its from the next Blackstone Fortress expansion set.

1 minute ago, michu said:

@BarkanautIt's Ambull (basically 40k Umber Hulk) for WHQ: Blackstone Fortress. In Necromunda you can have robotic version (Ambot that was also shown).

1 minute ago, Kronos said:

Its an ambull, apprently an expansion set for blackstone fortress 40k, comes with some centipedes.

I know that but I never expected to see one as a model in a million years lol. I was kind of dumb founded and shocked. I have Blackstone fortress so the next expansion is already quite tempting with just this. 

Edited by Barkanaut
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just  when I thought I was all in for kharadron overlords this pops up. Flesh eaters are one if my favourite factions and if the model range gets expanded and their battle line issues get sorted...

But then again the smy dwarves may get the same treatment.

What am I to do?!