The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Goodapollo4 said:

There is a photoshop job going around where they brightened up the shadows on the arm, makes it look very Mechanicus-y. Its weird, the keys themselves are kind of ambiguous, like one of them looks very fire-slayers, but the cog one is very adeptus. Not sure what to make of this, unfortunately I think it is 40k and not some sweet skeleton or Duardin, but as a Skaven player its just more bits for conversion for me. 

Can you post it?

On 11/24/2016 at 5:40 PM, Changer said:

OMG guys, it's so obvious! How do you not see it?! It's the key rings for the sleeping sheriff who sits outside the old-timey jail cell. Have you never seen a cartoon?! :PThe prisoner gets a broom and slips the key ring off the guard (which in this case might be a Mechanicum adept or undead) and breaks out of jail. DUH!! xD

Edited by Veterannoob

4 hours ago, Veterannoob said:

Perhaps, but there are no new models with the TL and Imp Ag codex release. But in 2017 (so far away, I know! :) )...well... we'll see.

I am excited for the possibility of an inquisition release, but the wait for a new AOS has already been too long. Over on bolter and chainsword there is talk of something big for 40k in January. So February? That would be 7 months between battletomes. In 30 years of being in the hobby there has never been such a long gap between army books for one system. GW has made a lot of great changes recently but the balance of releases this year has been terrible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Turragor said:

You and I think alike!

Just think that the whole design and positioning isent very dwafish. Its to dainty and delecate.

Sounds stupid but i cant imagine an elf holding a set of keys like that let alone a duaradin.

If its for AOS my money would be on Tzeentch. If its for 40k . . . . could still be tzeentch but part of a further crossover option.

I dont think that key is a cog i think its just exotic looking key . . . . .

47 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

Just think that the whole design and positioning isent very dwafish. Its to dainty and delecate.

Sounds stupid but i cant imagine an elf holding a set of keys like that let alone a duaradin.

If its for AOS my money would be on Tzeentch. If its for 40k . . . . could still be tzeentch but part of a further crossover option.

I dont think that key is a cog i think its just exotic looking key . . . . .

tzeentch would work with a more organic look to the limb, unless I mean, if steamhead and tzeentch are released a bit intertwined maybe Tzeentch corrupted a steammachine.

I also agree that most duardin stuff looks like a dwarf with a bulky aesthetic so this would be different.

My only theory is that its a swiss army knife style army. Many different machines with different functions with a few dwarves as masters.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chikout said:

I am excited for the possibility of an inquisition release, but the wait for a new AOS has already been too long. Over on bolter and chainsword there is talk of something big for 40k in January. So February? That would be 7 months between battletomes. In 30 years of being in the hobby there has never been such a long gap between army books for one system. GW has made a lot of great changes recently but the balance of releases this year has been terrible.

Yeah it's strange they didn't mix between systems more - they definitely enough material

One thing I will say is that AoS had quite a decent run of releases at the beginning of the year until August time - when we had Seeds of Hope and they promised the results would change the game world.  Since then though we've not had many brand new AoS releases we have had a lot of coverage from the community team - in fact most of the streamed events have been AoS and there are quite a few blog posts too.  I'm not trying to justify it or derail the Rumour thread but it's easy to forget things that happened the beginning of the year (and one of them was the Generals Handbook!)

• Like 2

My punt on the rumour pic - something completely new.  A Steamhead Duardin construct (I'm thinking the Dwemer Constructs in Skyrim) that is part of a new artillery piece or similar.  I can't see it fitting into Ad Mech as it currently stands, however there have been rumours of new units coming out.

• Like 1

So I've just picked up my Tzaangors and I'm surprised that there are no instructions on how to assemble the sword and shield versions, or any of the AoS options (banner, horn, huge sword and huge axe). 

That says to me that there will be an AoS version of the Tzaangors box at some point, maybe without the 40k sprue.

Also, due to the number of the special weapons you get per box, looks like they'll be 1 per 5 which is quite nice.

• Like 2

I wonder if there was a change of schedule behind the scenes and the AoS Tzeentch stuff wasn't ready to go yet in its entirety, so they moved the 40k Tzeentch up, hence the big AoS release gap and strange reappearance of Tzaangors. Who knows though.

I saw on another forum that the battleforces are going to be limited? Ugh! Tough decisions ahead...