The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Changer said:

The arms have the chest piece on them. It looks like they'll fit to the front of the back. Seems to be a similar setup on the basic weapons too.

Yeah, I thought it was the shoulders yesterday and it didn't add up. Looking at the sprue again with rested eyes and assuming it includes the chest, all pieces seem to add up.

41 minutes ago, Turragor said:

From my PoV it's simple - I think it's a simple matter of it being too tricky to launch both 40k and AoS Tzeentch at once and hit their sales targets for each. They prep'd the models that can work for both at the same time but they can't launch both at once and promote each as effectively.

Each is also part of a much larger product release plan. For 40k you've got Magnus, Thousand sons and some more Fenrisian stuff (probably books?).

For AoS you might have the Arcanites opponent - most of the rumouring we've been doing focuses around the Arcanites launching with an opponent.

Maybe the Tzaangors aren't coming in a separate box for a while? Maybe they're coming in a starter kit with a bunch of other stuff first.

Also, perhaps the AoS paraphanelia isn't fully ready yet. Maybe all Tzaangor stuff is ready but the rest of the arcanite release isn't.

I never said I expected a full Arcanites launch, I know they don't do it like that. However, I did expect them to not leave AoS players hanging, if the Tzaangor kit ended up being dual purpose. Individual kits being released outside of a factions main release, either before or after a full launch, has hardly been a rare event from GW in recent years.

This is hardly a big deal, but with the kit containing options that don't have rules seems odd.

16 hours ago, Chikout said:

Yeah. I just saw this. What a weird release. There are clearly more than 5 torsos, 8 sets of horns, standard bearer options etc, but none of this is on the box art. This really feels like a last minute addition to the wrath of Magnus book. It is, however, proof that Arcanites are coming soon to AOS. 

I don't think this is last minute at all. Dual/cross game models (e.g. Everything on round basis) is what they were going for. Now you have more bad guys for Silver Tower, more for AoS and you demon army now gets guns. Brilliant.

59 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

A bit off here but I'm hoping the Arcanites won't be ALL shredded shirtless man birds and at least one or two in the box will be female 

I'm afraid it will be like Bloodbound (minus Valkya), one or two female leaders in the backkground and not one generic female model.

I just hope there will be a Chaos Warrior equivalent unit (like Bloodwarriors) and it doesn't throw around magic bolts. But at this point, we are wishlisting, really.

1 hour ago, Sactownbri said:

I don't think this is last minute at all. Dual/cross game models (e.g. Everything on round basis) is what they were going for. Now you have more bad guys for Silver Tower, more for AoS and you demon army now gets guns. Brilliant.

You are missing my point. I am in favour of Tzaagors in 40k and of dual kits. What is strange is that there is no leader model on the box art despite white dwarf saying there are multiple options for it. The box art is literally 5 minis photoshopped to make ten. It makes the kit look much more monopose than it is. There are very few Tzaangors shown even in the big army shots. The 40k bits are on a little add on sprue. If the intention from the beginning was to make a dual kit it could have been handled much more elegantly. I have not read the fluff book yet ( obviously) but it will be interesting to see if there is much mention of the Tzaangors. My guess is, not a lot. Maybe my guess is wrong but that makes the poor box art all the more baffling. 

Hey guys. 

https://trackofwords.wordpress.com/2016/11/25/black-library-live-coming-soon-age-of-sigmar/#_=_

Hallowed Knights: Plague Garden by Josh Reynolds
This will feature the Hallowed Knights Stormcast chamber heading to the realm of Nurgle, kicking ass and taking names. It was pitched as being the beginning of a new wave of Age of Sigmar books.

Josh: “Hallowed Knights: Plague Garden takes place after the Season of War campaign and the All-Gates game book. It follows Gardus and the Steel Souls warrior chamber as they invade the realm of Nurgle in order to rescue Lord-Castellant Grymn from the Plague God and his followers. Tornus the Redeemed (formerly Torglug the Despised) is a major character, as is Gutrot Spume. And while it follows the Steel Souls, it’s very much a Hallowed Knights book – it’ll explore some of the Stormhost’s culture, their way of honouring the dead, of keeping their memories of mortal life intact, etc. It’s also a book about redemption and faith, and how those things aren’t necessarily seen in the same way by all of the Hallowed Knights. The Stormhost is made up of the Faithful – but that can mean a lot of different things. Also – female Stormcasts. Far as I know, this’ll be the first book to mention them.”

Oh yes and this as well if people want to know what stormcast do off duty I suggest if you have lore questions check out josh's ask fm and of course someone seems excited for female stormcast finally appearing on askfm.

How complicated is the concept of Gender and identity when you have been reforged by a god into an eternal warrior angel of storms?

Surprisingly uncomplicated. But you'll have to wait to find out just how uncomplicated.

How many female stormcast eternals are in your new book?

Wait and find out.

What do you think stormcast eternals do when they're off duty?

Actually, that's talked about a bit in Hallowed Knights: Plague Garden. Different stormcasts do different things, from quiet contemplation to games of chance and skill. It depends on what they did in life, and the traditions of their stormhost. The Hallowed Knights, for instance, spend a lot of time trying to record the memories of their mortal life, so that who they were and where they came from won't be forgotten after their inevitable reforging. Some stormhosts probably build (or rebuild) the places they liberate. The Astral Templars hunt monsters for fun, or go bother their descendants.

And some stormcast - those who've been reforged too many times - don't do anything. They just wait for the next battle.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

The next wave of stories is sounding amazing so far. I don't remember Grymn needing rescueing though. Last I remember was him in Ghyran, which went fairly well during the Season of War.

Well it is during the season of war who knows what happened during that time. 

Ok everyone, put on your tinfoil hats! Straight quote from the Warhammer Community Site: 

Last week, we saw a close-up shot of some sort of mechanism – bolts, brass and vents, but quite exactly what, Emperor knows.

The Emperor...off the cuff wording, or....SQUATS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Either way, I'm going to be down at my LGS wearing my most dapper suit throwing around money like a dandy.

Edited by Dez
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dez said:

Ok everyone, put on your tinfoil hats!

Either way, I'm going to be down at my LGS wearing my most dapper suit throwing around money like a dandy.

Sayy Squuaaaaaaattttt?!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dez said:

Ok everyone, put on your tinfoil hats!

I for one believe that all future LGS interaction should be done like this. Maybe with included follow up reactions of owners and other patrons. Maybe I will try this myself when my aelves are released. 

• Like 1

I don't think it's too difficult to merge at all, in fact probably the easiest!

"Pardon me boys, is that the Squattanooga Choo Choo?"

In other news, here are some more Forge World Blood Bowl minis, a Goblin and a Halfling https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/28/new-blood-bowl-models-from-forge-world/

Is it the paint job? The sculpt? Combination of the two?

Edited by Dez

I'm still waiting for something related to non-Fyreslayer AoS Dwarfs and a crossover with new, however unlikely, Sqauts or some other space Dwarfs would make me ridiculously happy. Heck, one of the minor reason I picked Tau as my 40k army I'm starting is the outside chance that Demiurg will eventually emerge as new space Dwarves within the greater Tau army.

12 minutes ago, polarbear said:

I know it's fairly heretical to say this but I'm totally down for more 40k-AoS crossover, and even merging the warscroll system to the point that both games can be played with the same models. 

I wouldn't mind the systems being merged, because it might be fun to see if my ghouls could take out space marines or if my seraphon could munch on eldar. And also because the 40k system is a huge bucket of mess right now, and I think it could do with an Age of Sigmar style refresh. But I don't want the worlds merged, not even a little bit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darth Alec said:

Cross overs are a big nono, IMO. Thankfully the AoS fiction is sufficiently established as being different from 40k that it's not likely. Mechanically similar, sure, but keep the space marines away from my sigmarines.

While I agree on crossovers- arghh! Really?! Even here I can't escape from this dang "sigmarines" term! Ok, I now that you used it gently and I'm drastically overreacting but it really triggers me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeratan said:

While I agree on crossovers- arghh! Really?! Even here I can't escape from this dang "sigmarines" term! Ok, I now that you used it gently and I'm drastically overreacting but it really triggers me.

I can use Ground Marines if you prefer that ;)

On the news/rumour section. I'm really interested in seeing what the narrative campaign they're running for AoS will look like. Will it be set at any particular point? Have unique battleplans? What factions? Will it be canon? SO MANY MYSTERIES.

I assume everyone has seen the Warhammer Live announcement, but I'll repost it anyways.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/28/warhammer-live-is-coming/