The Rumour Thread

I'm glad they're not shying away from the nudity side of things with these fiends. I remember when people were crying out that GW was going to make Slaanesh kid friendly, but from the looks of this that ain't happening anytime soon at least when it comes to the daemons. Really looking forward to seeing what they do with the mortals when they eventually tackle that.  I wonder if they'll bring out any new named characters for either daemons or mortals

55 minutes ago, Malin said:

Beasts are set in units of 1+ models, Fiends 3+ ;)

3 fiends per kit, perhaps the same size as the Bloodcrusher or Plague Drones kit? Sounds plausible and more affordable than the resin ones, though changing the unit for matched play would be pretty easy.

3 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

3 fiends per kit, perhaps the same size as the Bloodcrusher or Plague Drones kit? Sounds plausible and more affordable than the resin ones, though changing the unit for matched play would be pretty easy.

only time will tell, quoting GW, hope we will know "soon".

Fingers crossed for some funny movie on this from Community team today. Usually they act immediately on such leaks :)

2 hours ago, Overread said:

*link removed to hide auction name*

Appears to be the source - an ebaylisting!

Also on the ebay page which shows two sprue segments, it would appear to my eye that the chest is half male-female. 

i suspect it was found in part of a wholesale used/spare lot rather than anything insidious 

Aye very true, just surprising that a sprue would be entering into that so soon - then again I'm sure review sites and stores that get hold of advanced release copies might well dump a lot of sprues early too and that this was just one example where something slipped through the net.

3 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

I just looked through all of the slaanesh models that are plastic, none of them matched the one from eBay

Yeah, it's 100% a new model or an extremely good fake (very unlikely). 

The picture seems to have spread around the internet quickly. Wonder if this will mean GW will release a properly shot version of the model in response. In one way, I hope they do because I really want to see it, on the other hand I would kind of feel bad having a big Chaos announcement at the start of Orktober. 

• Like 1

Mostly finecast and metal stuff, Boys and Nobs are good enough (and are perfect for kitbashing). I don't know if it's possible to shift miniature production from resin to plastic without resculpting, because Snikrot is just perfect. But they definitely should update Ghazkull.

Really cool to see some slaanesh models teased and the bits look really cool. I’m still hoping they redo the daemonettes or at least the steeds. But I doubt it. 

I was just considering converting some ‘Slaangors’ but maybe it is better to wait and see what comes next.