The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, KHHaunts said:

Well considering we have seen a teaser for the Steamheads and all this tzeentch stuff is flying around. Id assume its going to be dwarfs and Arcanites since they are both in the realm of Metal. But who knows . . . .

Ooh Forgotten about that but been distracted by all the cool 40K releases coming up soon!!!!!

1 hour ago, KALITAS said:

Yup and hopefully my copy turns up today for me to have a read through when I get back home (probably not as my son is teething and both me and my wife have had very little sleep!)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Ooh Forgotten about that but been distracted by all the cool 40K releases coming up soon!!!!!

Yup and hopefully my copy turns up today for me to have a read through when I get back home (probably not as my son is teething and both me and my wife have had very little sleep!)

However id like to think that they will release all that sooner rather than later so they could start looking into Aelfs next summer or something . . . .

Just thought I'd throw this up here.  Tzaangors can be made with JUST close combat weapons, which look very similar to those from ST.

I've just spoken to my gaming group, they've said they have no issue should I want to use the Magnus model as a Lord of Change.  My poor wallet.

ae76cf110b257dc9e3c58f642e82c84a_94383.jpeg

Edited by Changer
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Changer said:

Just thought I'd throw this up here.  Tzaangors can be made with JUST close combat weapons, which look very similar to those from ST.

I've just spoken to my gaming group, they've said they have no issue should I want to use the Magnus model as a Lord of Change.  My poor wallet.

ae76cf110b257dc9e3c58f642e82c84a_94383.jpeg

Looks like they have more options than it initially seemed after all. Maybe the painting team really didn't get them finished before the box went into production. Damn it, I really need to see those sprues, this Tzaangor obsession really isn't doing me any good.

• Like 2

The more I look at the box art and the official photos, the stranger it is. It is clearly just 5 models photoshopped. There are options in the kit for a leader model so why not put it on the box? Having compared back and forth a little, the paint job on the AOS models was far superior. Seeing the sprues this weekend should answer a few questions, but it is a bizarre way to promote a new product.

It's an interesting one, because there aren't many images of the basic weapons. Looks like they're pushing the autopistol and ccw. Makes me wonder if just hand weapon will even be an option for them in their book. After all, why would you not take a pistol?

That, and the three small images of the basic weapons show the Tzaangors painted as they were for ST, lighter grey-blue, with the same colour blue armour. I can't not see this being a dual platform kit at the moment. I suppose we'll see on Saturday when the images go online.

IMG_2104.JPG

Edited by Changer
Clearer pic of the tzaangors.
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Pretty much this!

Also we have no idea what will be happening with AOS over the next 12-18 months (or 40K), so we may see a big Tzeentch focus but personally I'm hoping for Aelfs and Slaanesh!

If we see duardin, Tzeentch, aelfs, and Slaanesh this year, I'm not sure what I'll be able to resist. I can imagine them all being amazing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hyperkinako said:

Faeit are reporting Horrors (Pink/Blue/Brimstone) are going to be appearing in the Wrath of Magnus book.  This should mean we will be seeing separate releases of these too outside of silver tower

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2016/11/wrath-of-magnus-9-new-units-10.html

Yea the blurb lists 9 new datasheets and there are currently 5/6 new models depending how you count.  The special edition also calls out daemons as a section in the Magnus book.

On 11/18/2016 at 10:10 AM, BaldoBeardo said:

You folks know that Fenris part 2 is equivalent to End times : Glottkin, right?

Fenris gets wasted, SW go rogue in despair, start a civil war as the Dark Angels lead the loyal chapters in trying to bring them back under the yoke, Guilliman wakes up, pushes through #Ultramexit and signs exclusive trade deals with the Tau and promises to Make Ultramar Great Again. The new high lord of Terra is a necron with a beard and manky robes. A new dark age of technology begins as all the technical institutions of the Adeptus Mechanicus shut down, their tech priests staging sit ins and protests against the non-intersectional expansionist policies of the western spiral arm.
WH41K - in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only intergalactic sanctions and dank memes...*

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
*May not be true

Been away for a while, trying to catch up on so many threads and forums and perhaps this is just in jest (I assume yes xD) but I have a review copy of the Wrath of Magnus release I can't talk about until Friday night but I can tell you that is not in fact what happens in Warzone Fenris 2 :P

• Like 4

On 11/20/2016 at 4:22 AM, hobgoblinclub said:

At the moment, probably not, cheers. I've got two or three other armies I want to collect at the moment. I've got a decent collection of, sadly unpainted, old dwarfs. I'll probably try to complete the collection at some point. 

What do you have? 

@hobgoblinclub there are stupid cheap similar models from Black Tree design you can get, always sales, if you like the look as I (the dwarf collector) does. They have UK and US stores. http://eoeorbis.com/

@daedalus81 lemme just say this, I went to snatch up eBay stores selling the 6 ST tzaangors cheap and when the pics came out so did everyone else so the price shot way the hell up. I'm glad I dropped it there because, while there will of course be AoS/40K releases units from STower, the ST 6 would not work well for 40K unless you only want hand weapons and/or were cool with doing more conversions, though the number per unit doesn't line up with the ST box of 6. Though it wouldn't be terrible to start picking up extra pink, blue or brimstone horrors if those rumors are true... ;)

Edited by Veterannoob
addition

3 hours ago, Hyperkinako said:

Faeit are reporting Horrors (Pink/Blue/Brimstone) are going to be appearing in the Wrath of Magnus book.  This should mean we will be seeing separate releases of these too outside of silver tower

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2016/11/wrath-of-magnus-9-new-units-10.html

Lovely! Hopefully we'll get some info for using them in AoS matched play with the 40k release then, and won't have to wait until next year's AoS Tzeentch stuff.