The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Saiken said:

I'm super confused by that endless spell.

It would make a lot of sense background and mythology-wise that this speak is a Chaos Dwarf spell in a sense. 

Though ... As someone pointed out, it's face is very close to the one of a Bullgor.

Don't get  disappointed yet, I think GW knows exactly what they're doing. 

When you think about it, this thread is a gold mine for them. They would be dumb not to lurk around here, see what we expect ... And what we're excited about ... ;)

Haha all true. But fluff is always the thing that ties it to a faction. Floating disks have always been Tzeentch's deal. Now Stormcast has one too. 

Besides.... haven't you heard? During the Necroquake there was this Freeguild Garrisson right?! They had a farmer who tried branding his prizewinning bull at the exact moment the Necroquake happened! Bull caught fire! Started running, and rumours say.... it has never stopped ?

Obvious Grots, right @Skabnoze?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, blueshirtman said:

Wouldn't it just died if it was on fire or am I missing some joke?

Well here is to GW saying something about destruction tomorrow, otherwise the next few months look rather bleak.

Or they could say something at nova next week. Nevertheless, the next few months won't be bleak, with or without destruction. There are so many new toys coming, that there isn't enough time to handle a fraction of what is worth to get your hands on. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, blueshirtman said:

Wouldn't it just died if it was on fire or am I missing some joke?

Well here is to GW saying something about destruction tomorrow, otherwise the next few months look rather bleak.

Haha only when you dispel it ;) 

? the new endless spell image we where talking about  

64FF4B6A-F69C-4F46-B2BE-7C879F83F37E.jpeg.8fd8a4b6d1a6ea0cbd19d4900f222e4e.jpeg

1 minute ago, Bloodmaster said:

Or they could say something at nova next week. Nevertheless, the next few months won't be bleak, with or without destruction. There are so many new toys coming, that there isn't enough time to handle a fraction of what is worth to get your hands on. 

Well non destruction stuff, when your a destruction player isn't really helping much. In fact if people get more ways to play, there is always the chance, that suddenlllly your army gets hard countered. There is nothing good coming from other people geting stuff ever.

But as you said we still have tomorrow, who knows maybe there is going to be a whole AoS day.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

31 minutes ago, blueshirtman said:

Well non destruction stuff, when your a destruction player isn't really helping much. In fact if people get more ways to play, there is always the chance, that suddenlllly your army gets hard countered. There is nothing good coming from other people geting stuff ever.

But as you said we still have tomorrow, who knows maybe there is going to be a whole AoS day.

There won't be any news tomorrow. If your lucky you can get unofficial glimpses, but don't get your hope up. 

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Haha only when you dispel it ;) 

? the new endless spell image we where talking about  

64FF4B6A-F69C-4F46-B2BE-7C879F83F37E.jpeg.8fd8a4b6d1a6ea0cbd19d4900f222e4e.jpeg

I laugh if it ends up being part of a surprise Firebelly release of all things.

TBH they didn't really announce anything I feel noteworthy at Warhammer fest IMO, Like Speed freaks probably would have been more exciting if it wasn't preview before hand and everything else seemed pretty minor. I thought they would have showed the Wulfen Dreadnought that I been hearing about.

I am guessing they saving the bigger announcement for Nova next week

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Do you think the Nightvault might be Slaanesh prison? The teaser included some purple vines and stuff.

If so, the new Warhammer Underworlds might be about collecting souls, so we can see various Aelves warbands (especially ID), and Nagash minions.

12 minutes ago, Raviv said:

Do you think the Nightvault might be Slaanesh prison? The teaser included some purple vines and stuff.

If so, the new Warhammer Underworlds might be about collecting souls, so we can see various Aelves warbands (especially ID), and Nagash minions.

Really hope this is the case! Not just because I love Slaaneshi stuff, but also because it'd be great to see the smaller subgames have a major impact on the lore. Not that I'd want it all to be based in Underworlds, but if it was kickstarted there I certainly wouldn't complain.

I'm not too looking forward to the the next few weeks for AoS. I actually do plan on going tomorrow to Warhammer Fest, but the fact that it was 95% 40k universe stuff was putting me off. So I asked about this being worthwhile as an AoS fan first and this is the response: 

Is it admitting that almost no AoS stuff is on the horizon anytime soon?  Just shadespire and whatever that one picture of an endless spell is? Doesn't even look like I'll be able to see the thing in the flesh tomorrow, so it's all put a bit of a negative spin on what was supposed to be a fun day out. 

Answer GW.JPG

• Like 1

"any time soon" by current GW means about a month or two "ish". Remember they are having a release pretty much every single week now; rules, games, models etc... With the only real gap being when they did Sigmar 2.0 and then it was only a one week gap. So just because there is nothing on the horizon now doesn't mean that in a month there won't be big amounts of sigmar stuff coming. 

GW always plays it close to the chest with regard to releases and pre-release info. Sisters of Battle is going to be the first time they really tease us anything well in advance. 

Also don't forget Warhammer fest is most certainly more than the pre-release info. There's going to be great models to see, some FW stuff, and loads and loads of other things as well as games to play. Plus meeting and chatting with other gamers both local and far off. I'd say go - heck you never know seeing some models in the flesh really changes the perspective on them. I've seen models in photos that I hated but loved once I held them in my hand. Sometimes the size is hard to judge and the level of detail an iffy thing until you see it physically. 

I'm also keen to see more Shadspire, though hoping for a Daughters of Khaine release for it! 

I think that there is a fairly strong chance that if there's a big Slaanesh event then DoK might be the opposing force in that - considering that the lore has Slaanesh's forces invading the shadow realm far more so than anywhere else and focusing on the Daughters as a result of Morathi's twisting of the magic so that she can get more than her fair share of souls from the great Princes belly. It would certainly help cement Daughters as a main faction and who knows it might be that that is when GW gives us the getting started box and perhaps a new model or two (its kind of scary and neat that Daughters currently has only 6 actual boxed models and is a fully viable faction). 

• Like 3

I'm very well aware of how GW doesn't want to show anything too soon... I was however hoping to see a bit more of one of the flagship games for an event that actually has a pretty steep price tag on it (compared to lots of other wargame conventions around here). The last version in the UK had a good balance between AoS (with the soulwars release), adeptus titanicus, imperial knights, blood bowl,... previews. 

Now, it's completely focused on the scifi side of GW, with 2 tiny little teasers for anything AoS related. When they charge €30 euro plus parking fee for an event, it would actually be nice if it's slightly more balanced, even if  it means looking a bit further into the future. They even have previews of sisters of battle stuff that aren't even coming in a year from now, so I'm not sure how well that argument holds up. 

I'll see what it's like tomorrow. Looking at GD will be cool, hopefully I can have a fun chat with one of the designers and painters of GW, but in the future, I really do hope they balance things out better. I'd be equally annoyed if I were a 40k fan and didn't get to see any new model because all the models being showed were AoS.