The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

They should have put dual axes guy in the center, would have broken that "clone" effect the 2 with shields have.

Agree, but tbh I also think 'at a glance' they'd look like alternate builds off of each other.

Absolutely brilliant models though. 

Edited by Starfyre

24 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Little easter egg about Empire I feel like. Nothing more.

Yeah. Probably just artwork from before the CoS refresh. Considering we saw their actual look on H&B this seems to be earlier than the CoS wave.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Little easter egg about Empire I feel like. Nothing more.

I suspect the model refresh might have just been in the pipeline for so long that those Empire models were actually still current when the artwork was made. There is some more evidence for that in the Warhammer+ short where Gunnar and his Darkoath guys come from, which also freatures non-Dawnbringer Freeguild.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vagard said:

Sad that 2 reclusians out of 3 have exactly the same pose

by the way, darkoath lore before skaven lore hahahahaha

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/18/dont-listen-to-sigmar-the-darkoath-are-more-than-just-mindless-chaos-marauders/

Undivided worshipping savage warriors who look down on those that devote themselves to a single god? That sounds familiar…

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Undivided worshipping savage warriors who look down on those that devote themselves to a single god? That sounds familiar…

I don't think it's their disdain for monotheism, moreso disdain for "craven" Gods who they perceive as hypocrites

2 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I don't think it's their disdain for monotheism, moreso disdain for "craven" Gods who they perceive as hypocrites

Last line of the paragraph. Also add to that their desire to see civilisation crumble and it’s sounding very familiar.

IMG_1216.png

Edited by RetconnedLegion
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Last line of the paragraph. Also add to that their desire to see civilisation crumble and it’s sounding very familiar.

IMG_1216.png

Ah I see, I wonder if darkoath that worship a specific chaos god exists, can you give them god keywords in the current s2d book (savagers, warqueen etc.)

2 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Ah I see, I wonder if darkoath that worship a specific chaos god exists, can you give them god keywords in the current s2d book (savagers, warqueen etc.)

A quick play on the app, it doesn’t seem so. I imagine their disdain is for the various mortals in the god specific factions. 
I’m not going to make a declaration on the fluff before it’s released, too much of that going on with the current 40K internet silliness, but it does seem some of the themes from our dearly departed bovine chums have been transferred across to the less horned newcomers.

29 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I suspect the model refresh might have just been in the pipeline for so long that those Empire models were actually still current when the artwork was made. There is some more evidence for that in the Warhammer+ short where Gunnar and his Darkoath guys come from, which also freatures non-Dawnbringer Freeguild.

Or maybe the new Freeguild aesthetic was such a closely guarded secret that they used old Empire aesthetic as long as possible to not blow up the surprise when the CoS refresh came.

5 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Or maybe the new Freeguild aesthetic was such a closely guarded secret that they used old Empire aesthetic as long as possible to not blow up the surprise when the CoS refresh came.

Nah. If you look at the Darkoaths they are also quite different from the previous ones. Especially the mounted ones or the Wilderbeast. Probably it was just that CoS were designed later on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

A quick play on the app, it doesn’t seem so. I imagine their disdain is for the various mortals in the god specific factions. 
I’m not going to make a declaration on the fluff before it’s released, too much of that going on with the current 40K internet silliness, but it does seem some of the themes from our dearly departed bovine chums have been transferred across to the less horned newcomers.

We're probably likely to see some more heavily mutated horned individuals join the Darkoath like the Wilderfiend.

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Nah. If you look at the Darkoaths they are also quite different from the previous ones. Especially the mounted ones or the Wilderbeast. Probably it was just that CoS were designed later on.

Really think they sat on the shelves at GW for the best part of 2nd and 3rd edition ? The Darkoath Warqueen was released during the transition from AoS1 to AoS2, but we only see Darkoath now. You're right, it is weird. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I just realised in this pic there's a CoS unit on the right!

It seems to be the old empire minis, aren't they? Or could it be a hint from a new crossbowman unit?

Njv2EtKxogdskqWt.jpg

image.png.3b5c4f8164321d25a0d2b3e942a53db1.png

Pretty sure a checky nod to the fact that prior to the Vedra reform that was the Azyrite uniform that everyone was given

So unless (which unlikely since ToW) they want to Psudo-redo the Azyrite side of CoS which the prior wave was all about the native/hammerhald aqshy side of things i doubt it anything else.

• Like 1

Skaven fluff article, mostly on their history until now.

Rumours of late have it that there has been a vast incursion of Skaven into Aqshy, that they now control all the land east of Hel Crown and will soon be in a position to threaten the heartlands of the Great Parch, and perhaps eventually even Hammerhal Aqsha itself. Madmen speak of eerie green light beyond the mountains, and the terrible clanging of brass bells. They say that the loathsome ratmen have burst forth in other realms too, that nowhere is safe from the rise of the verminous tide.

GP_Eastern_Parch_Map_01.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Starfyre said:

I think the reclusions are brilliant brilliant models and they've sparked my interest in this wave of SCE after all but the thing that sticks out for me is they're all facing the same way with very subtle variations and I would have liked to have seen more variety in the poses. That's to take nothing away from the models, and I presume there's a multi-part kit coming as well, but it just sticks out for me.

They're phenomenal otherwise.

I agree. A different angle of the axe would do a lot. Very nice mini's, but strange that they went for almost two identical poses.

33 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

apparently we get a surprise battlescroll today?

[insert Pacific Rim meme about Battlescrolls coming faster and faster]

image.jpeg.34024a5bbb9dcf96bf187b7fba72104b.jpeg

I’m still seeing Nullstone Cache, but I’m on Apple, so that’s probably what’s up. Can you see what changed?

1 minute ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I’m still seeing Nullstone Cache, but I’m on Apple, so that’s probably what’s up. Can you see what changed?

At first blush I'd say nothing in terms of rules, but I noticed my lists have changed points, so there must have been some changes on that side.

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

So the Fyreslayers will be the first line of defense of the Great Parch. Noice, time for the range expansion. Unless the Skaven are going to use ships.

And we all know what that means.

The release of …

The Flamewrought Extermizerker, another foot hero!!

Rejoice, rejoice!

• Haha 6

Well, they’ve put themselves in an excellent position to expand OBR, FS, IDK, and KO- OBR square off with Skaven in the Prime Innerlands (Hopefully with Nagash’s return bookending the edition), FS fight to stall the Skaven coming from the east, the Idoneth wreck havoc on their navies, and the KO fight the Much-Great Sky Kill-Armada in Chamon. 

• Like 1