The Rumour Thread

They look great, wonderfully grim and positively dark. Now they've shown a remake for the stormcast and Skaven, and today a new unit for the lightning fellas, so next week we might see either official model reveal of the Ratling canon.

But I am left wondering what niche these Reclusians will fill, for at a glance I am not so sure what they will be able to do that the Praetors and Annihilators can't already do. The lore snippet makes them sound tanky and immune to most inhospitable effects, but can GW make them standout enough though?

12 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Perfection! Also perfect for blood angels conversion. I really hope they produce enough sets.

They definitely will. Rats are very loved and have been waiting for looooong time. Or even if they don't in the first round, probably they will do a MTO like what happened with Indomitus.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

They look great, wonderfully grim and positively dark. Now they've shown a remake for the stormcast and Skaven, and today a new unit for the lightning fellas, so next week we might see either official model reveal of the Ratling canon.

But I am left wondering what niche these Reclusians will fill, for at a glance I am not so sure what they will be able to do that the Praetors and Annihilators can't already do. The lore snippet makes them sound tanky and immune to most inhospitable effects, but can GW make them standout enough though?

They have the Paladins chamber emblem, so probably just a Retributors and Co. replacement.

4 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Nope.  Due to rules overlap we're going to also be discontinuing paladins* (idk any stormcast names)

* Feel free to proxy your minis but we won't allow them at our tournaments or stores which will inevitably translate to other stores not allowing them at their tournaments and then somehow also translate to a subset of the community acting like you're committing some grave sin by putting your filthy proxies on the table with their pure GW army built with GW brand superglue making it a total toss up on whether you'll be able to use your minis so why not just buy more?

16 minutes ago, Ookami said:

Oh my god, I love how new Stormcast significantly changed the style with this new Darksouls-BlackTemplars-Berserkerish vibes. Must keep head cool and not start a new army, when the pile of shame is still so big. But I just can't - GW made a good work here. Chances I am going to start SCE are higher every new reveal.

I was just thinking about the evolution of the Stormcast aesthetic. It seems to me that the first Stormcast models were at least somewhat inspired by the World of Warcraft art style (with its exaggerated triangular physiques and huge pauldrons) that dominated fantasy art for a while. Which is funny, considering that the Warcraft games, in turn, draw a lot of inspiration from Warhammer in the beginning.

I think the newest Stormcast looking more Dark Souls inspired illustartes the change in the popular taste for fantasy media. And again the DNA of Warhammer is in the mix, given how Dark Souls aims to capture the feeling of early western fantasy games like Dungeons and Dragons from the perspective of a Japanese teenager who only half understood what was going on at any moment. Of course, with the history of DnD and Games Workshop being so intimately connected, things are coming full circle once again.

That's the nice thing about cultural exchange, all kinds of art pieces keep being created and constantly influence and enrich each other.

• Like 11

Love the new models! Really looking forward to painting and fielding them!

The addition of the priests is an unexpected bonus, and is a cheeky way of making a 3-man unit into a 5-man unit. Might also be a way to increase their wounds slightly.

The article said that the Ruination chamber had been opened, so I'm quietly hoping that there's a few more units to be released separate from the starter box.

• Like 1

I wonder if the Reclusions gets some powerful ability in which they get some form of buff, let's just say + 2 to wound for a random example, but to use it they get a negative effect after the attack has finished, but having the Memorians gives you a chance to roll a dice to see if you can negate the negative effect.

Absolutely love the unit. My dream for a starter set before we knew it was Stormcast was a box of humans with Stormcast allies. We didn't get that but this is definitely the next best thing. I never realistically thought we'd get regular mortals in a launch box. They've never done that with marines. I'm very excited to see the rest of the ruination chamber now. I'd to see something like the sisters of battle at Katherine box but instead of a reliquary. It's a mad Stormcast in chains who needs to be guided to the front lines by mortal priests before being unleashed. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

Updating the list

Skaven

Trailer confirmed:

• Clan rats
  • AoS Clanrats Apr8 Image1
  • Warlord on Giant rat
    • 10 new units in the Age of Sigmar 4th edition trailer
  • Rat ogre
  • [Thumb - IMG_9062.jpeg]
  • Jezails
  • 10 new units in the Age of Sigmar 4th edition trailer

@SG Warhound Rumors 

•  Stormvermin
  • Grey seer
  • Warlock engineer
    • A named Warlock assumedly since he mentions New warlock  
  • Arch Warlock
  • Master moulder
  • Globadiers
  • ALL Weapon team (which I'm assuming is leak unit with the Warpvolt obliterator tho @Ejecutor said it a Warlock engineer so know knows)
  • r/skaven - Saw someone post this on facebook, leaks be happening yes yes
  • Nu-Queek of some sort with bodyguards
  • Globadiers
  • New Verminlord
  • New Artillery (Hyper rattling cannonade leak unit)
  • Age of Sigmar 4th edition confirmed, with a Skaven invasion
  • New Behmoth
  • New wolf rats

Stormcast

Trailer confirmed

No info just throwing some prediction and 

• Cover art executioner. Could be a named character or the new Lord Cellestant
  • r/ageofsigmar - New stormcast cardboard ad leak
  • 3200dca47f678b3515946554b9647e24_133644.jpeg
  • Lighting ghiest/Transfigured SE (really hope it does something with the whole angelic mutation)
  • Knight Questor
  • 2023-12-20.png
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vagard said:

BEST MORTAL ATTENDANTS IDEA EVER

also, these do not seem to be paladins like people were saying. i think these are a new keyword for Ruination

edit: forgot they have a paladin mark-thing. i still don't think they are replacing any other paladins because of how specific they are

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

What Is the Meaning of the Berserk Symbol?

Stance even reminds me of Mr. cardboard-cutoutcast / bookcast.

Feels like a solid nod to me.

Hey if it worked for Hidetaka Miyazaki if good for AOS/GW to rip off I mean.......inspired by

1 hour ago, pitzok said:

I just really hope that Sigmar doesn't have romantic partner, if we're going with the berserk inspiration.

Well he already has his Griffith

Total War: WARHAMMER III - Champions of Chaos 사전 구매 - Epic Games Store

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So definitely a name character now

Reclusians could have a 2h variant along with the shield and dual wielding. like how Annihilators got 2h with their separate kit

2 hours ago, edmc78 said:

I think this art is the direct inspiration for the hero image we have seen the cardboard standup t

gotta agree with that!!

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Sacrosant replacements.

no? if anything, these mortal attendants probably help the Sacrosancts keep Ruination together. it makes sense that the Chamber for dealing with the Flaw is the one who takes care of Ruination Stormcast.

10 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

They look really good. I don't get why they're as chonky as they are in the trailer.

The Chonkyness in the trailer was why out of all the new Stormcast stuff I was like "I like them all, but these guys I really need to see the models first..."
Absolutely love them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

give them a MW ignore and they'll be set TBQH...

6 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

I can't say I'm a fan of this more grimdark move. It makes them more boring.

i'm fine with Ruination looking more grimdark than other chambers, and it seems SCE lore isn't turning grimdark/grimderp this edition either so as long as that doesn't change I'm down with most model aesthetics.

• Like 1