The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

If the rumors are true "knowing a spell" is going the way of the dodo. You're whole army will know 1 lore (maybe more with some shenangians?)

Well, then it makes even more sense for faction specific endless spells, your ossiarch wizards knows their lore, so you get to buy the box of ossiarch spells and use all of it

5 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

Well, then it makes even more sense for faction specific endless spells, your ossiarch wizards knows their lore, so you get to buy the box of ossiarch spells and use all of it

Agreed! This is one the suspicions is that your faction's endless are included in the lore. I would hope they're not their own lore but hell, who knows?

Without knowing the specifics of how it’s going to work, I don’t like the idea of Endless Spells being free. Like faction scenery, they aren’t something that overly excite me, I don’t particularly want to pay for them and spend time building and painting them, but if they’re free I’m disadvantaging myself not taking them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cdance93 said:

Agreed! This is one the suspicions is that your faction's endless are included in the lore. I would hope they're not their own lore but hell, who knows?

They could probably devide them between several "core" lores that come with the "magic" module that anyone can take

10 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

I was thinking they will just keep the current rules of only 1 endless spell per wizard, and each wizard can only cast one endless spell per turn.

So if endless spells become free, they therefore become locked behind how many wizards you bring. 

Just now, Landohammer said:

I was thinking they will just keep the current rules of only 1 endless spell per wizard, and each wizard can only cast one endless spell per turn.

So if endless spells become free, they therefore become locked behind how many wizards you bring. 

Yes probably! And capped at 3 like it is now. However I still am a little concerned on balance because right now its outta whack between the endless. They did a decent job but some are just lackluster

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

mmmm, maybe each lore has a specific endless or something

If we look at the Malign sorcery, we can clearly see them representing the realms, so maybe "Core" spell lores are all themed around realms, and each got 1-2 endless spellsimage.png.9bc01fa323ebb94deb69bd09ee8bd05c.png

Just now, Gutsu17 said:

If we look at the Malign sorcery, we can clearly see them representing the realms, so maybe "Core" spell lores are all themed around realms, and each got 1-2 endless spellsimage.png.9bc01fa323ebb94deb69bd09ee8bd05c.png

They literally listed all the realms they represented in their original rules, and you got a lot wrong. Shackles are Shysih, Mirrors are Ulgu, Swords are Chamon, Cogs are Azyr, Geminids are Ulgu and Hysh, and Pendulum is non-aligned.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

They literally listed all the realms they represented in their original rules, and you got a lot wrong. Shackles are Shysih, Mirrors are Ulgu, Swords are Chamon, Cogs are Azyr, Geminids are Ulgu and Hysh, and Pendulum is non-aligned.

So Chamon is just the swords? It makes sense lore-wise, it reminds me of the flying swords from the narrative happening in Chamon during the Realmgate Wars.

22 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

The pendulum was not invoked in Ulgu for Morathi to kill Malerion?

7 minutes ago, Keleath said:

Pendulum is linked to Ulgu

I'll directly copy the description from the Malign Sorcery book.

As its name suggests, the Aethervoid Pendulum is summoned out of the void, the colourless nature of which results in the spell taking on different hues depending on the circumstances of its manifestation. Although it has proven difficult to confirm, the Eldritch Council have theorised that with each casting of the spell, a duplicate pendulum appears in every realm simultaneously. This means that a wizard summoning an Aethervoid Pendulum in Aqshy would also cause one to appear at the same time in each of the other Mortal Realms, the blades swinging in perfect unison all the while.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I'll directly copy the description from the Malign Sorcery book.

You right. 
(The first observed was in Ulgu and the spell was from lore of shadow in wfb. Sorry for my misinterpretation).

The fact that path to glory stops at 5 suddenly makes it much more appealing. I really hope battle tactics have had a complete rethink. They need to be much harder to achieve and require more interaction with the opponents army. 

• Like 2

The most important part is here:

So, how will modularity impact this? “In the future, we could simply replace the magic module entirely with a ‘Magic of Andtor’ module, as an example. This could seamlessly integrate thematic modifications to the magic rules for that battlepack, without resorting to extensive Core Rules errata or layers of extra rules on top.” 

I guess rules will not be above, they will be instead?

• Like 1

Guess GW don't want to put too much effort into the marketing of the new and revamped rules before Dawnbringers 6 launches.

Launching a rulebook supplement while you're showcasing a new rules set might cause a bit of whiplash from a consumer perspective.

• Like 2