The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Are you saying that my Grundstock Thunderers are not going to have special weaponry? 1 profile instead of 5?

Or some of the special weaponry will be abilities and not weapon profiles.

3 minutes ago, Scáthborn said:

Yeah, I can understand this. I don't think all of the Delf stuff would fit, but definitely the Executioners (Might just be I'm a sucker for them.) I think there is space for them with Har Kuron and now Krethusa's rebellion/recruitment. In lieu of waiting for a range expansion

I completely understand where you are coming from. I just hope that they explore a new design space for Krethusa's side of things.

That being said I would really enjoy a Executioner style unit reimagined as heavy infantery for the Khainite side. I am just not sure what niche it would fill alongside the snakes, which already are killy elite infantery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Scáthborn said:

Yeah, I can understand this. I don't think all of the Delf stuff would fit, but definitely the Executioners (Might just be I'm a sucker for them.) I think there is space for them with Har Kuron and now Krethusa's rebellion/recruitment. In lieu of waiting for a range expansion

The only unit I'd like to see in DoK is the assassin character tbh, turning DoK back into whfb dark elves is kinda lame. I'm really curious about what's going to happen to doomfire warlocks, it's definitely a kit that needs redoing and I expect the dark riders days are numbered. But then they just released a whole army subfaction based around them? Does anyone have the dark riders/warlocks and any of the new aos cavalry (vanari, freeguild cavaliers etc.) is there a size difference in the horses that's noticeable? Just wondering if I should kitbash my warlocks onto the new darkoath cav horses 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, foxicious said:

I completely understand where you are coming from. I just hope that they explore a new design space for Krethusa's side of things.

That being said I would really enjoy a Executioner style unit reimagined as heavy infantery for the Khainite side. I am just not sure what niche it would fill alongside the snakes, which already are killy elite infantery.

Some big dark elf berserkers in full armour plate would be awesome, though probably something I'd expect to see with malerion's side of things 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

You mean to tell me that I can finally annoy my opponent by unleashing literally every Endless Spell in my collection onto an opponent not nearly ready for my bs? If you’re right, this will be unbelievably funny. 

1 hour ago, Cdance93 said:

This kinda tracks with the whole knowing whole spell lore leak. 

they would have to do an insane job balancing them. I’m not sure how they are going to implement this?

You can probably take them as enhancements if they no longer have point costs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gitzdee said:

Am i the only one that likes delfs in CoS? Give me more shadowblades and scourge privateers please!

I think delfs in CoS are great, especially Scourge Privateers. I really hope they expand on the privateer theme and dont let it die off. The Privateers also got a lot of representation in lore.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Am i the only one that likes delfs in CoS? Give me more shadowblades and scourge privateers please!

I really hope the corsairs stay, a warcry warband with a cities pirate crew containing elves, humans, dwarves and an ogor would be fun to see 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Aleser said:

How about Kurnoth hunters 🤔

They can choose to give them one statline for melee another one for ranged or make 2 different warscrolls.

More interesting are the dracoths and paladins for stormcast, because everyone of them have different abilities. Maybe GW merge them? Maybe keep separating warscrolls? Maybe they are going away?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I like them and hope they stay and get expanded upon, but GW's previous actions regarding CoS seem to imply that their inclusion is on borrowed time. I think that the only reason the Privateers weren't cut from the latest tome is that the Malarion Aelves are still quite far away from a release day, but as we come closer to it, the remaining Aelves will disappear from the CoS army.

14 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I absolutely love Privateers, although I'm a bit iffy on the rest, since a lot of the time they just feel over-the-top evil/generally not nice even within the scope of the setting and especially the faction they are in.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, foxicious said:

I think delfs in CoS are great, especially Scourge Privateers. I really hope they expand on the privateer theme and dont let it die off. The Privateers also got a lot of representation in lore.

Agreed. They look cool and have a strong theme going on. I'd even say they could be perfectly expanded into their own faction, like the Witch Elves did.

It won't happen of course; GW already has an aelven army tied to the sea (even if it's a very different take), but at the very least they should survive ( and maybe updated) within CoS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

You mean to tell me that I can finally annoy my opponent by unleashing literally every Endless Spell in my collection onto an opponent not nearly ready for my bs? If you’re right, this will be unbelievably funny. 

Nagash is an eight cast wizard, just sayin'

10 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I dislike Darkling coven and Order Serpentis beacuse their inclusion in the army is......stretching their inclusion was just imply putting Delves in the lore and models and felt a place holder for the Ulgurothi

However i love Shadowblades and Scourge Privateer because they actually did something interesting with them in lore making them stand out from their predecessor.

Scourge are the navy of the CoS and are heavily tied closely to the Fortress city of Misthaven so them expanding the whole naval aspect with some pirate themes would help flesh out a major free city. they not just slaver like the days of the old world but rather empire back privateers, monster hunters & smugglers not to mention that we actually got a name character with close relationship with Callis and Toll; Arika Zenthe

Arika Zenthe - Age of Sigmar - Lexicanum

Shadowblades staying wound even be an issue coming how we got the whisperblades if they ever want to expand to an actual unit it wouldn't be that hard to include a shadowblade head option

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

47 minutes ago, Luperci said:

The only unit I'd like to see in DoK is the assassin character tbh, turning DoK back into whfb dark elves is kinda lame. I'm really curious about what's going to happen to doomfire warlocks, it's definitely a kit that needs redoing and I expect the dark riders days are numbered. But then they just released a whole army subfaction based around them? Does anyone have the dark riders/warlocks and any of the new aos cavalry (vanari, freeguild cavaliers etc.) is there a size difference in the horses that's noticeable? Just wondering if I should kitbash my warlocks onto the new darkoath cav horses 

I actually wouldn’t mind that at all.

although I‘D be happy if a city of dark elves would make the return.

like they did with broken realm morathy

3 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

They literally don't have spiders in ToW Orcs and Goblin army list and Lizardmen are a legacy faction, I dunno what you're looking at. 

Spider riders, Araknarok, Goblin Hero Spider rider, night goblins (except heroes) and savage orcs are in army lists but not shown in photos.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

well their upgrade option to boyz not really an actual unit. It more equivalent of saying "yes you can proxy your old save orc models in the game"

It's interesting they didn't have a specific themed list for savage orcs in the book. Faint hope for bonesplitterz. 

2 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

What if I told you that Endless Spells… are free? Or that all weapons choices have been rolled into one across warscrolls? 

Thank you for sharing but this is meaningless without context.  Maybe all endless spells are rubbish now, or wizards points will go up to reflect their ability to cast endless spells, or each army will only be able to choose one, or one of the modular rules packs will add points later.
As for weapon choices it makes sense with no weapon ranges in melee. (Incidentally what about long range weapons?) There is sometimes minimal differences between weapons. This is one hits on threes and wounds on fours but the other one does the opposite. Combining them both doesn’t make a massive difference to the result of combatbut would save a lot of time in the game. When there is a bigger difference will we be having more warscrolls like the Kurnoth hunters?

6 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

It's interesting they didn't have a specific themed list for savage orcs in the book. Faint hope for bonesplitterz. 

It might just be that GW is trying to phase out the concept as it's been pointed out before, taking inspiration from native peoples and portraying them as "savage orcs" is in pretty poor taste for some. They could redesign them ofc but it doesn't seem like they've shown much interest in doing so, with kruleboyz being a sort of spiritual successor in aos as more mork aligned orruks.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, 01rtb01 said:

FFS, thanks for the spoiler... 

Just because "you know", doesn't mean the rest of us do. Use the spoiler tags in future for the schmucks like me that weren't aware. This is as irritating as when some numpty on twitter spoiled broken realms Teclis.

Sorry but this has wound me up. It's just inconsiderate, it really is. In a world that's pretty faecal, toy soldiers and advancing narrative brings some joy. Spoilers like this really aren't fun. 

i've edited the post. i'm sorry you got caught but i thought this has been mentioned on the forum/thread before since book 4's been out for a month, and i left out ALL context + the most interesting bits surrounding that event. i also left out exactly how it happened, only that it did to be as general as possible.

where is the line we're drawing for spoilers here though? i wouldn't have said anything about book 5 had i read it yet. A month of being "in the wild" seems like a fair enough amount of time to discuss releases, especially when keeping up with Rumors too often involves the latest narratives.

edit: i've read a bit further and seen the discussion on this

Edited by CommissarRotke

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

i've edited the post. i'm sorry you got caught but i thought this has been mentioned on the forum/thread before since book 4's been out for a month, and i left out ALL context + the most interesting bits surrounding that event. i also left out exactly how it happened, only that it did to be as general as possible.

where is the line we're drawing for spoilers here though? i wouldn't have said anything about book 5 had i read it yet. A month of being "in the wild" seems like a fair enough amount of time to discuss releases, especially when keeping up with Rumors too often involves the latest narratives.

i mean, not to be blunt but we are in a chat specifically designed to talk about spoilers, leaks, and rumors, right?  i think that a month is overkill if anything.