The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, BrownDog said:

From the AOS facebook post of the Nighthuant video: "The Mortarch of Grief has been summoned – and with her, the horrifying legions of the Nighthaunt..." 

New Mortarch incoming :D

Ha, what did I say?

39 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Yeah, if someone made it this far with now allegiance abilities, I can't image you'll have much trouble ignoring them now.

Problem is its almost impossible to find ppl to play with anymore.  Hopefully when the rules come out they will still be welcoming to casual players

This is all very exciting.

I cannot wait to get my hands on these new sets. While I am  initially less enthusiastic about the amount of SCE being released (having figured it would be just some heroes and a wizard group), the video of Sigmar button smashing has gotten me excited lol.

Elemental magics look awesome, curious to see what some of them are! This definitely opens up great conversion possibilities to further theme out an army.

58 minutes ago, BrownDog said:

From the AOS facebook post of the Nighthuant video: "The Mortarch of Grief has been summoned – and with her, the horrifying legions of the Nighthaunt..." 

New Mortarch incoming :D

Someone said that they spotted something in the Nightguant video that was in the dark, but you can see the outline of it. That might be the Mortarch of Grief. 

Edited by ShadowSwordmaster

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

10 is the horn on the big nighthaunt horse. 19 is the skin on one of the new aromas beasts.

Yep, good call, updated :)

1. Is the backpack of one of the rogue trader guys.

3. Is the Head of the new Padlock flail night haunt guy.

4. Is the new stormcast warmachine.

8. Is part of the eldar webway portal shown a week or 2 ago.

9. Is the gallows on the back of the executioner nighthaunt character

10. Horn from teh Knight of Shrouds new steed.

11. Looks to be part of the new "Jaws" spell

12. Looks like its the back of one of the new warith looking unit.

19. New Stormcast mount.

20. This appears to be from one of the new Stormcast character's Gryph Charger's tail.

I suspect 6 & 7 might be part of nighthaunt stuff also,  there's quite a lot of candles and flowers featured here and there.

Rumour Engine Update.jpg

Edited by Moonstone
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FERRUMITE said:

Oh gosh, please please ask if there is any plans on Chaos Dwarfs while you are there my friend!

And maybe ask if Spirit Hosts and hexwraiths will still play a major part of Nighthaunt while you're at it, haha. 

23 minutes ago, FERRUMITE said:

Oh gosh, please please ask if there is any plans on Chaos Dwarfs while you are there my friend!

I'm not there, but a chap from the heresy forums is..

So i've asked him the same questions.

The dragon is mahoosive. Larger than the smaug model they did, and that''s been haf of the delay- engineering it so it actually could take its own weight - probably on the wings by the look of it.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

47 minutes ago, Still-young said:

0B4D9BC6-A9B9-4BD5-8711-57D3579F38EF.png

So on the rule book. I'm guessing it's going to be like the 40k 8th ed rule book where you don't technically need it, but really it's needed for all but the mot basic games. Interestingly it looks like it will have a lot of the "ways to play" stuff the GHB has. So I wonder how the GHB will change now that it won't need to be a core rules supplement any more. For this first go round with 2nd edition, I suspect it might be full of updated warscrolls and even more allegiance stuff than the 2017 edition.

I really hope that they expand on allegiance abilities in a big way - especially those factions without a battletome - and as I have said before, fix factions.

With magic now looking super badass, free people will more than likely be forced into allying CA - here's hoping they get mushed together. 

3 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Haven't they teased this for the last few years ?

yup but...

from the community page:

To recap, we’ve seen (deep breath now):

– The new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar
– The Nighthaunt – an army of hateful, sinister spectres
– The Sacrosanct Chamber opening – revealing Stormcast Wizards
– Magic gone wild
– The first ever official Warhammer Podcast
– A new webcomic
– The Hammerhal Herald, your noticeboard from the Mortal Realms
– The first in a new generation of Sisters of Battle
– Blood Bowl’s latest team (and a host of Star Players)
– Brian Blessed as Gotrek Gurnisson
– Adeptus Titanicus unveiled
– A massive Necron construct
– The triumphant debut of Vargaroth the Scarred and his mighty draconic mount, Skalok the Skull Host of Khorne
– An Imperial Armour book for using the Talons of the Emperor in Warhammer 40,000
– Anacharis Scoria and Jenetia Krole
– A host of Alpha Legion models
– The new Dreadnought Drop Pod
– The preview of the eighth campaign book for The Horus Heresy: Age of Darkness
– Some great new models for Middle-earth

It’s been an exciting one – we’re checking out for the night while we prepare for the second day of Warhammer Fest, where we’ll be looking at what our licensed partners have been up to, checking out the latest inventions from the Hobby Studio and crowning our Slayer Sword winner…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Haven't they teased this for the last few years ?

Today really feels like..

IMG_20180130_015957.jpg

Between the new books and new Nighthaunt and Stormcast stuff, June and July are going to be busy months for my wallet. I almost ordered a Start Collecting Skeleton Horde to add Manfred along with some skeletons and Black Knights to my mostly Nighthaunt Legion of Night. Glad I didn't. I think my death army for the near future will be full Nighthaunt for the near future. Now I just hope for Soulblight stuff eventually so I can do something with those mostly vampire leftovers. I won't miss my Zombie battle line tax.

4 minutes ago, ParachuteHopper said:

I really hope that they expand on allegiance abilities in a big way - especially those factions without a battletome - and as I have said before, fix factions.

With magic now looking super badass, free people will more than likely be forced into allying CA - here's hoping they get mushed together. 

Yeah, with the more core rule stuff getting it's own book, lets hope the GHB this year is just stuffed with allegiance stuff. Probably everything pre-Nurgle would like at least a little something, even if it's a just some improved warscrolls that mesh better with the rules updates.

6 hours ago, Dragobeth said:

Yup, I have no problem if the rules goes from 4 pag to...10-20  but more could be bad for me, the 4 pages rules and free warscrolls is what make me enter in AoS

40k core rules are only about 8 pages if you do not include the various army construction & scenario rules.  I doubt that Age of Sigmar would go much beyond that.

• Like 1