The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Darth Alec said:

Here's a question: Did Magnus take over for the Lord of Change? I heard that the Glottkin were supposed to be the new GUO (which is why a new GUO isn't in the pipeline). This guy is definitely in that area. Or are we getting a seperate LoC?

Sad Panda who is never wrong popped up on Dakka recently. He talked about the Tzeentch design library and specifically mentioned a new loc.

On 10/10/2016 at 4:56 PM, Beasts of Nurgle said:

That looks terrible! Horns for eyes and about to fall over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like it either. Wait until we see it in the wild though. I'm sure it'll look way better. 

10 hours ago, Chikout said:

Sad Panda who is never wrong popped up on Dakka recently. He talked about the Tzeentch design library and specifically mentioned a new loc.

Lots of people saying it's a dual kit. It'd be a well built LoC if it is though. 

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

Is that opinion or have you some info to share?

It is an informed opinion. Sad Panda never came out and said it but he was speaking as if they were different products, Hastings also inferred they were different.

Finally the kit itself. A Lord of change wears robes not armour and has a different body.

The only point of similarity is the wings. I also think they want to make the primarchs as distinct as possible.

A kairos fateweaver loc combo is much more likely. It would just need a head and weapon swap.

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It is an informed opinion. Sad Panda never came out and said it but he was speaking as if they were different products, Hastings also inferred they were different.

Finally the kit itself. A Lord of change wears robes not armour and has a different body.

The only point of similarity is the wings. I also think they want to make the primarchs as distinct as possible.

A kairos fateweaver loc combo is much more likely. It would just need a head and weapon swap.

I guess your take is as likely and perhaps more logical than Magnus being a dual kit. 

The clipped model to the right on the box art is perhaps the key though, it looks like robes but also a smaller scale maybe.

Well, we do have a Skarbrand kit separate from the bloodthirster kit.  Sad Panda talked about common assets in CAD.  I would absolutely bet on the LoC sharing some of Magnus' features.

The interview with Jes in October's WD also pointed towards this notion of similar features.  In any case I am beside myself that Thousand Sons are becoming their 'own' faction and the first to get the Daemon Primarch.

• Like 1

I expect GW will slowly separate what little crossover there is between AoS and 40k lines. Rubic marines and Tzeentchgors, for example, rather than more cross-game daemons.

Also, the Primarch will be its own kit. It is a big deal and they'll want to market it as much.

The smaller model will be a familiar or the 30k version.

Think the evidence of it being unlikely sold as a dual kit is that the box art (which may or may not be the final version), is marked "Thousand Sons" and 40k (larger box art can be found on FB), there's little logic behind a customer going into a store, asking for a LoC and being handed a 40k primarch model.

The snippet on the right isn't large enough to actually say what it is - however it has red feet so is most likely the side box art.  Unless GW are making a change and going for red Tzeentch daemons now?

As @Shane says this is a huge deal for GW, the last time they created a Primarch was for Epic, 20+ years ago so from a business point of view, I can't see why they wouldn't make the most of it!

10 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

The interview with Jes in October's WD also pointed towards this notion of similar features.  In any case I am beside myself that Thousand Sons are becoming their 'own' faction and the first to get the Daemon Primarch.

Think the 40k Open Day is going to be very interesting in a few weeks time ;) 

Looks like Chaos Space Marines may be going the regular marines route, more unique factions with unique rules/models/upgrade kits.

Combining Magnus and the LoC seems like a poor decision. Takes away from the uniqueness of both. Might be that they share wings and feet though, like Skarbrand and the regular Bloodthirster sharing bits.

Interesting few months ahead. We even have a AoS rumour ATM.

It's cool to see Magnus and 40k finally getting some chaos love, but I have been patiently waiting for a Tzeentch Arcanites book to drop since May. 

My best guess at the moment is the Stormcast hero on Saturday. Prospero game on the 22nd, Magnus on the 29th, 3 weeks of thousand sons in November then bloodbowl on the 25th. That means no major AOS release until at least December. I suppose that gives me plenty  of time to finish painting Archaon but excitement about what's coming is a major hobby motivator for me.

Edited by Chikout

18 hours ago, Turragor said:

Not a character name, a title. Like Lord-Celestant, Lord-Castellant etc.

Verstand, from middle german 'to understand'. Or so I read in the Googles. A lord of comprehension.

Could be a wizardy fellow alright.

I am German. "to understand" is the verb "verstehen".

I think 'der Verstand' here is more like 'the mind'. So it is Lord-Mind. Or even better: LORD-BRAIN. ;)

I had to laugh really loud when i saw that. But i like it. :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Zitroni said:

I am German. "to understand" is the verb "verstehen".

I think 'der Verstand' here is more like 'the mind'. So it is Lord-Mind. Or even better: LORD-BRAIN. ;)

I had to laugh really loud when i saw that. But i like it. :)

Holy moly thats even better. I need Lord Brain to lead my Stormcast. A general without compare.

• Like 1

Forgive me if off topic but this Lord Brain stuff makes me kind of want GW to come out with a giant tentacle brain beast that is the true god of the Stormcast, totally changing their interpretation in the fluff. Would actually be kind of neat if all these noble legions of heavenly warriors actually work for some horrendous evil monstrosity that controls them. That's enough procrastinating before work for me now.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, polarbear said:

Forgive me if off topic but this Lord Brain stuff makes me kind of want GW to come out with a giant tentacle brain beast that is the true god of the Stormcast, totally changing their interpretation in the fluff. Would actually be kind of neat if all these noble legions of heavenly warriors actually work for some horrendous evil monstrosity that controls them. That's enough procrastinating before work for me now.

Way to ****** off all the Stormcast players!

It's hard to do 360°s like that in wargames because of how much it alienates players. Better to simply imply that Sigmar might be doing something fishy, as long as it's something fishy in line with who Sigmar is, rather than a total inversion.