The Rumour Thread

GHB has been leaked. Those that want the link just ask via PM.

Primal magic dice and battle tactics posted earlier are true.

Cogs give free mystic shield or arcane bolt +-1 to shooting that target wizards.

Geminids stop all commands till next hero phase on a 2+.

Burning head became a debuff that damage a unit after it moves.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

looks really fun to play. 

Already looking to build my lord arcanum with 3 praetors for that grand strategie of grand savant.
Prismatic palisade is looking strong aswel. Casting on a 7 be high but also anoying to dispel.

6 hours ago, Molodav said:

20230628_110345.jpg

Okay as the gutter plate suggest, this Skaven picture COULD be linked to what's happening in the Cities Of Sigmar, i.e. it could be an AOS release (Gutter Runners then ?) coming with Dawnbringer Part II (we hade four Races in the first book, I'm sure the second book will have more than Orruks kits in it). 

Or, as other have guessed, it could be the next Chaos WHU warband. But Skaven do have 2 warbands already, whereas NURGLE only has one !!1! 

As to what it is... A Pestilens Censer Bearer with a Warpstone Plague Bell ? Could be the best of both world IMO ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Okay as the gutter plate suggest, this Skaven picture COULD be linked to what's happening in the Cities Of Sigmar, i.e. it could be an AOS release (Gutter Runners then ?) coming with Dawnbringer Part II (we hade four Races in the first book, I'm sure the second book will have more than Orruks kits in it). 

Or, as other have guessed, it could be the next Chaos WHU warband. But Skaven do have 2 warbands already, whereas NURGLE only has one !!1! 

As to what it is... A Pestilens Censer Bearer with a Warpstone Plague Bell ? Could be the best of both world IMO ;) 

Clan Pestilens would make an AMAZING Warband!!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Man, a new Gutter Runners/Night Runners kit would be highly appropriate, whether or not in a big warband of sorts!  Of course I have my 30 metal Gutter Runners already, but then EVERYONE can strike from the shadows....or sewers.  Guess Plague Censers sure need a kit.  Rat Ogors too.  And Weapon Teams.  And Arch Warlock.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

This rumor comes from 4chan, which make it pretty dubious.

The greatest problem with it for me is that the book was finished at least 6 months ago, but somehow it foresaw all the models and factions that are in the top of the meta right now. Considering GW history in this regard, I think it is pretty fake.

I thought they didn’t print the points anymore in GHB and they just send out a free pdf?? That can easily be updated until the release date 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Has anyone heard any rumors about the Ossiarchs’ points adjustments? 

Basically, the points only come directly from GW, so they can't leak in the same way as the GHB or battletome. 

If we get rumours about specific points adjustments, then the only possible source is GW itself. Considering that amounts to someone putting their jobs at risk, I think those rumours are highly questionable.

Hopefully we should get the balance update today though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

The past preview showed Gorkamorka between two or three Realmspheres. They showed the Big Pig during the event. 

I think that these images only shows the factions but it is not more related than that

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Beliman said:

There is a rumor running around with a all GHB points. A bit crazy for my KOs, that all lists are going to have over +300/+400 points.

140p for Arkanaurs...

We all know that Arkanauts are not the problem. The other dwarfs, though… very resilient, strong shooters, suppressive fire, dealing MWs in melee - for a mere 135 points.  I would expect at least 160.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jetlife said:

I thought they didn’t print the points anymore in GHB and they just send out a free pdf?? That can easily be updated until the release date 

Yeah, I thought it was still printed in a separated book like the first one. Been all digital should make more probable that we see changes where they are needed. Still the changes in that leak are a little to over the top for the GW conservative +/- 10 points changes we usually get.

Yeah, even ignoring the dubiousness of the source, which is itself reason enough to believe it's false, the points changes are genuinely absurd. Neferata going up in points even after a nerf is a little silly, though possible since she's still a top pick in an overperforming army, but 40 is a lot. But more than that, Black Knights also going up 40? Blood Knights going up 50 points? Mannfred going up 60 points? Vhordrai going up 90? I haven't been paying the closest attention, I suppose, but I haven't even seen Vhordrai put up a single 4-1, let alone a 5-0. I could be missing some superpowered list with him, but he doesn't exactly scream "mega overpowered" to me.

That points leak from 4chan is patently ridiculous. The only thing I get from it is some amusement that someone is so clearly salty about being beaten by their friends that they want massive changes like this.

Hi guys!

I was thinking: the Combat patrol format seems to be a great incentive for new players or those with limited time for much larger games. I think it would be nice to have it also in AoS with the next edition. What do you think?

Furthermore, even a Boarding Action in AoS, perhaps introduced with the Dawnbringer manuals and then made official with the 4th edition, would be a wonderful addition! Even considering the Skaven as the next major villains..

13 minutes ago, Sokhar said:

Hi guys!

I was thinking: the Combat patrol format seems to be a great incentive for new players or those with limited time for much larger games. I think it would be nice to have it also in AoS with the next edition. What do you think?

Furthermore, even a Boarding Action in AoS, perhaps introduced with the Dawnbringer manuals and then made official with the 4th edition, would be a wonderful addition! Even considering the Skaven as the next major villains..

They simply can't ignore how well received that format has been so far. And with the ongoing replacement of Start Collecting with Vanguard boxes, one would hope this is exactly what we will see when the fourth drops.

• Like 3

I am hoping any Skaven release is just an UW war and nothing more.

I want to see more 40k releases. I am so seriously not interested in 40k. With every 40k release, I get to save some money. More 40k please, GW.

Lots of Order releases for AoS is good too. Though I am not interested in Order myself , I am very happy for all those Order players getting gorgeous new models for Seraphon and CoS. And I get to save my money. More Order for AoS, please GW.

I hope we are not going to see lots of filthy rat releases for AoS. This is bad..very, very bad-bad. Just when I thought my bank account was safe. Please GW, don’t do this to me. Nooooooo!

• Haha 1

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Parabellum Games has this beast up for Pre Order.

Please GW give us a Thunder Lizard in 4.0!!

wadrhun-tontorr.jpg

The ParaBellum stuff is incredible, and their lore/world building is imho the absolute best on the market right now. 2 games in one product, the rank and flank mode and then the warband (more akin to AoS or OPR AoF). I would highly recommend it, Play On TableTop has some awesome videos about it. 

Can't wait to get my hands on that dino. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Parabellum Games has this beast up for Pre Order.

Please GW give us a Thunder Lizard in 4.0!!

wadrhun-tontorr.jpg

I very much love this model and their ceratopsans coming out. I hope GW starts a "Big Dino War" with Parabellum so that all lizard enthusiasts win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sokhar said:

Hi guys!

With how well received the combat patrol format was, I think this is pretty much  given for the next edition. AoS Vanguards have a pretty uniform organization (1 foot hero + 1 battleline + 2 between cavalry/elite/monster/extra battleline) but the points are all over the place. This make much harder to start getting games in AoS, which didn't happen with combat patrol which used to be all around 500 points.