The Rumour Thread

Black Library has started a new Coming Soon section where they preview upcoming releases for the next four months.

There are no Age of Sigmar books on this page so I would not expect any campaign books or novels before February. Although normal army releases are still possible as they wouldn't show up here anyway.

Although not really a rumour for AoS it should be a good place to keep an eye on for a future release as there was always a novel released with a campaign book for the Realmgate wars. So this should give us four months advance warning.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/whats-coming-soon
  • Like 1

gw arent big on telling people releases far into the future as sells go down, as people wait out for those models instead of buying the ones they've been looking at on their website, if people knew what was coming out model wise alot of people would wait off buying stuff. i know i certainly would if i saw a chaos release in like say december. 

13 hours ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Black Library has started a new Coming Soon section where they preview upcoming releases for the next four months.

There are no Age of Sigmar books on this page so I would not expect any campaign books or novels before February. Although normal army releases are still possible as they wouldn't show up here anyway.

Although not really a rumour for AoS it should be a good place to keep an eye on for a future release as there was always a novel released with a campaign book for the Realmgate wars. So this should give us four months advance warning.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/whats-coming-soon

I doubt they will announce too much in to the future. It's very different with AoS as it is now a rolling story. Perhaps when they start selling the next 'phase' we will see the new books in the coming soon section. But they haven't announced the new book range after Realmgate Wars completed this summer.

I also visited the BL site to see if it hinted at news for AoS and although I was frustrated to not find any new AoS book, there is nothing really tied to future releases in any of the systems. Even Magnus the Red novel deals with Great Crusade stuff, so unrelated to both Prospero and 40k Magnus. The coming soon section is clearly build with a filter to any book that hints are any new GW product. That is precisely the reason why there are no AoS hints in there: AoS has almost no products that are not tied to GW products released at the same time. There are a couple of Realmgate Wars novels that were released with any tie to anything and the audio series of books about Sigmarines and Nagash/Mannfred was pretty much disconnected as well, but both are finished as far as I know. 

So yeah, that sections tells us nothing. No good, no bad. 

I have a desktop 3D printer myself, it's a more cost effective way for them to make bits and pieces than to set up the mold and stuff to then produce one model. 3D printing would make it viable to just throw up a massive catalogue of OOP stuff and let people pick whatever they want. I think proper industrial printers have a pretty good resolution nowadays but not sure how it would compare to the detailing from a model made in the normal way.