90s Skeleton Appreciation Thread

ElectricPaladin

My skeleton units are made up of a combination of all metal models (with plastic shields added):

20161008_083545.jpg

20161008_083359.jpg

Very old plastic models:

20161008_083428.jpg

Slightly newer plastic models:

20161008_083441.jpg

Some of which are randomly metal:

20161008_083527.jpg

Together with a few random Tomb King parts:

20161008_083453.jpg

It's made me feel very old seding this but also it's very cool to see how well all of the various releases of skeleton models still sit so well together.

However I am missing the current skeleton models so will have to add them soon! 

20161008_083453.jpg

I love the art with skeletons with hair - makes no sense whatsoever then makes you wonder whether they're wearing a wig, which makes you wonder whether they retain their vanity and if there is a skeleton dressing room somewhere with a bunch of skeleton makeup artists and costume designers.

Maybe I'm overthinking this.

I'll stop lurking for a bit and throw a few more into the mix.

The first two I painted about 20 years ago and the other three over 25 years ago (in High School!). God I'm old :-)

The second group I called "The Revelers", and the standard is a converted from the lance of the Skeleton Horsemen from the Skeleton Army Box.

undead_duo1_s.jpg

undead_trio1_s.jpg

• 1 month later...

On the one hand, the amount of metal in this thread is so brutal I was headbanging as I scrolled down it. On the other hand, well, old sculpts are so doofy most of the time, haha. I think it's my youthful lack of nostalgia for this era that blinds me to the truth of these models' majesty. :P

11 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

On the one hand, the amount of metal in this thread is so brutal I was headbanging as I scrolled down it. On the other hand, well, old sculpts are so doofy most of the time, haha. I think it's my youthful lack of nostalgia for this era that blinds me to the truth of these models' majesty. :P

Every post like this makes fat ghoul with skull cry

Vintage-1997-metal-Warhammer-Undead-Ghou

• 3 months later...

Archived