The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I can help ;) (photo taken yesterday by me in a French store) :

LU924Nc.jpg

There was only him and a Spirit Host box on the other hand in this version.

This is Nighthaunt, who got their book last year. I think people are looking for the Soulblight/OBR new box art that is apparently floating around.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I for one am so glad FEC isnt next!! Give us a proper Deathly update of the most beastly of that Alliance!!

Yeah, I think of the four Death factions they are by far and away the one who most news a refresh, so I hope they'll get at least a Sylvaneth sized one. I am a bit disappointed SBGL aren't likely to get new Grave Guard, but that's a really minor thing in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I for one am so glad FEC isnt next!! Give us a proper Deathly update of the most beastly of that Alliance!!

I really hope they start leaning into the delusion and make them more knightly in a completely messed up kind of way. The boxing day mini was a great start, such a shame its limited. The Grymwatch is really cool too but I think they could take it a step further.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

Yeah, I think of the four Death factions they are by far and away the one who most news a refresh, so I hope they'll get at least a Sylvaneth sized one. I am a bit disappointed SBGL aren't likely to get new Grave Guard, but that's a really minor thing in the grand scheme of things.

Let's not forget, nighthaunt and  Gloomspite all got more than just a hero (and SoB technically) so there is hope. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Let's not forget, nighthaunt and  Gloomspite all got more than just a hero (and SoB technically) so there is hope. 

There's hope, but the Battletome release schedule is pretty packed and, if 10th edition 40k is coming soon, I don't want to be too hopeful. Better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

In any case, I'm sure SBGL will get new Grave Guard eventually, and their range is mostly pretty new, so it's not the end of the world.

The big thing for 40k is that model releases are going to be relatively light over the next few months.

There's the second wave of guard
Farisight
Snikrot
and that new Space Marine box set
along with the next 2 (3?) Arks of Omens books and separate releases for the DA character and Vashtorr.

All told, that's not actually a lot of stuff between now, February, and late June.

Filling that space with AoS seems to be the strategy. Brace yourself for 40k player whinging about lack of releases once we hit March. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, RileyArlic said:

The big thing for 40k is that model releases are going to be relatively light over the next few months.

There's the second wave of guard
Farisight
Snikrot
and that new Space Marine box set
along with the next 2 (3?) Arks of Omens books and separate releases for the DA character and Vashtorr.

All told, that's not actually a lot of stuff between now, February, and late June.

Filling that space with AoS seems to be the strategy. Brace yourself for 40k player whinging about lack of releases once we hit March. 

There is also the Lion who is pretty much confirmed for the fifth AoO book together with at least one Dark Angels unit if the rumors are true which they very much seem to be. And for other releases it seems like very faction will get a Boarding Patrol box so just with that 40k will still have quite a lot of release slots

Edited by Matrindur

3 hours ago, Snarff said:

I really hope they start leaning into the delusion and make them more knightly in a completely messed up kind of way. The boxing day mini was a great start, such a shame its limited. The Grymwatch is really cool too but I think they could take it a step further.

The reimagining and new lore of FEC is probably my favorite “rebranding” in all of AOS, and I’m not even a fan of Death in general. 

Even just a new box for the ghouls that reflects the delusions would be a huge upgrade and realignment to the lore for the whole faction IMO.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

The reimagining and new lore of FEC is probably my favorite “rebranding” in all of AOS, and I’m not even a fan of Death in general. 

Even just a new box for the ghouls that reflects the delusions would be a huge upgrade and realignment to the lore for the whole faction IMO.

Could be an amazing looking faction.

Flayed skin for tunics and banners. Bones and body parts as halberds and swords. Some sort of disgusting questing knights. A holy grail procession of Saint Katherine type model would be repugnant! A trebuchet using the skull and sinew of a giant monster to fire body parts and viscera across the battlefield. 🤢

Duke crackmarrows warband was a step in the right direction but we need more!

Edited by CDM
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

Was just discussing LotFP with my buddies and had a thought: since we'll have almost all the Tomes out by summer and only Dawnbringer/FEC to carry us through to the next "Broken Realms/Arks" series, maybe theres a possibility for a combined Daemons tome? It's really weird that they would introduce LotFP and then completely axe the idea of mixed daemon armies shortly after. Being in its own tome would allow for proper internal balance and avoiding some of the issues that had come up with like spell lores and stuff in LOTFP. I guess there's some precedent now too with things like Tzaangors/Slaangord having different scrolls in multiple tomes and all the different Chaos Spawn now.

Just a little idea that @Whitefang might feel like emoji-ing on, idk 😅

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

Was just discussing LotFP with my buddies and had a thought: since we'll have almost all the Tomes out by summer and only Dawnbringer/FEC to carry us through to the next "Broken Realms/Arks" series, maybe theres a possibility for a combined Daemons tome? It's really weird that they would introduce LotFP and then completely axe the idea of mixed daemon armies shortly after. Being in its own tome would allow for proper internal balance and avoiding some of the issues that had come up with like spell lores and stuff in LOTFP. I guess there's some precedent now too with things like Tzaangors/Slaangord having different scrolls in multiple tomes and all the different Chaos Spawn now.

Just a little idea that @Whitefang might feel like emoji-ing on, idk 😅

I've really liked the seperation of the gods and the addition of mortals for each god. The latest Warcry warbands focussing on lesser chaos gods/ Daemins has been a great concept! Just waiting for a slaanesh one now aren't we? Had Hashut, the leech one, the tzeentch one and the karanak one to go with the multitude if chaos undivided ones we've had.

However, more options is always good! I really enjoyed the aesthetic of  the LotFP

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I don’t know.

I remember the skaven battletome as one of the laziest and worst battletome made for that faction.

The lumineth book is a insult for lumineth players for the laziness and for non-lumineth players for the toxic it still is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Man Reads Book reads Bloodhunt book.

Interesting to see Soulshackle sell out everywhere in literal minutes, whereas Bloodhunt you can pick up very easily basically everywhere.

It has Adeptus Arbites in. They've been a long sort after plastic model and people have been hankering for their return for a number of years. They were always going to sell well! Hopefully they'll restock as these will be scalped horrendously!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Man Reads Book reads Bloodhunt book.

Interesting to see Soulshackle sell out everywhere in literal minutes, whereas Bloodhunt you can pick up very easily basically everywhere.

Theres a new icon on the map, Grozziks gouge. 

Sounds like a destro warband hint to me. 🤞

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

54 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Theres a new icon on the map, Grozziks gouge. 

Sounds like a destro warband hint to me. 🤞

Aye, couple new bits.

• Grozziks Gouge (looks squigly)
  • Drake's Rest (Stormcast and/or Canadian rapper's newest venue)
  • Pillars of Jade (in The Wyrdlights, Jade Obelisk associated)
  • Metzlpota's Gaze (lizzies?)
  • The Sundered Scales (also lizzies?)
  • Askurgan Bone-monasteries (funny that Count Moltaire's Bloodhunt is confirmed to not be associated with the Bloodhunt box)

GnarlwoodMapUpdate.jpg.8dd8e1f67d8034a98228cbff658f077c.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Don't know how true this is, but saw some talk on KO groups about a new tome coming, with preorder on 4th of March.

If that's true, then we should have a little something on Monday (with pre-order announcement on the 19th and pre-order on the 25th).

Remember also this sentence from last monday (in article of saurus astrolith bearer) :

Stick with us on Warhammer Community as we bring you more reveals from the Age of Sigmar next week

Note that they did not write seraphon but AoS in general...

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

58 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

Aye, couple new bits.

• Grozziks Gouge (looks squigly)
  • Drake's Rest (Stormcast and/or Canadian rapper's newest venue)
  • Pillars of Jade (in The Wyrdlights, Jade Obelisk associated)
  • Metzlpota's Gaze (lizzies?)
  • The Sundered Scales (also lizzies?)
  • Askurgan Bone-monasteries (funny that Count Moltaire's Bloodhunt is confirmed to not be associated with the Bloodhunt box)

GnarlwoodMapUpdate.jpg.8dd8e1f67d8034a98228cbff658f077c.jpg

I'm starting to think Seraphon are 1 of the 4 warbands in the next underworlds season.

It would make some sense if some or all of the 4 warbands are from 3rd edition tomes that haven't been released yet.