The Rumour Thread

47 minutes ago, Lich King said:

What are the chances for further Dawnbringers reveals ?  ( Because they’re probably not going to do full reveal , but I’ve been wrong before )…

Other than the warcry warband chances are very slim.

They're a long project and unless we got some unofficial leaks like world eaters we are at least 1 year away imho.

9 hours ago, Plinketts Mawtribes said:

If Bloodhunt isn't a box of new Ogors, I'm just gonna cry forever. Warcry could be the perfect way to sneakily update the Ogor range.

It sounds khorne vs Bonesplitterz to me . Both icons are shown on the map.

XQ5nFqT.jpg

• Like 1

For arguements sake lets say that the other Big 3 are going to get Warbands as well. We will have had;

Nurgle,Tzeentch,Khorne, Slaneesh and STD.

We have Seraphon as pretty much confirmed as another.

That leaves 4 Warbands that arent Chaos.

Flesh Eater Courts/Soulblight, Orruks, Ogors, Gloomspite and COS/Dawnbringers are all contenders!!

Ogors seem to be almost a definite alongside either FEC or Soulblight and, given the map and it does look more Soulblight than FEC.

10 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Other than the warcry warband chances are very slim.

They're a long project and unless we got some unofficial leaks like world eaters we are at least 1 year away imho.

Since they were announced at the same time as World Eaters, I'd guess Dawnbringers are already finished.

Presumably World Eaters are coming for 9th, which means they have to be releasing in the next 9 months at the absolute latest. Imo that puts Dawnbringers on either side of the 40k 10th launch period (when Marines and the 'antagonist' faction eat up June/July/August/September).

I think they'll be a 2023 launch for sure. GW probably knows a lot of CoS players will have held off on buying anymore kits until then and they won't want that for too long since it's one of the game's most popular armies.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

I doubt Slaanesh is getting a warband this time as they are not marked on the map like the others. Warcry being a Chaos themed game it would be weird for them to be left out.

But we have a Seraphon reveal now. What icon does represent them op this map? What warbands are left over? I stumbled across this Warcry encampment roster and noticed it has 10 total (2 blank) with different pictures next to them. Maybe hints about what to come? 

Spoiler

9F350A9E-BC29-4482-BF09-63E6073E22D8-sca

Maybe someone can try to fill out the options XD. Hidden Cavern could be Troggs! 

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

41 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I don't play or know enough about Warcry, but anyone know if there is any option to see a Kharardon or Duardin warband?

They've consciously moved the setting out of the Varanspire in order to justify more non-Chaos warbands, so it's certainly possible. Seems unlikely based on the current teasers there is going to be any sort of Duardin warband this season (unless you count Horns of Hashut being servants of the Chorfs), but there's nothing really stopping them introducing one at some point either. 

Although it is worth noting you can play Kharadron/Fyreslayer/Dispossessed warbands with the Compendium/free PDF rules, they're just not dedicated/bespoke warbands with new models.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Since they were announced at the same time as World Eaters, I'd guess Dawnbringers are already finished.

Presumably World Eaters are coming for 9th, which means they have to be releasing in the next 9 months at the absolute latest. Imo that puts Dawnbringers on either side of the 40k 10th launch period (when Marines and the 'antagonist' faction eat up August/September).

I think they'll be a 2023 launch for sure. GW probably knows a lot of CoS players will have held off on buying anymore kits until then and they won't want that for too long since it's one of the game's most popular armies.

Maybe a big September release next year? Or do you think sooner?

54 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I doubt Slaanesh is getting a warband this time as they are not marked on the map like the others. Warcry being a Chaos themed game it would be weird for them to be left out.

But we have a Seraphon reveal now. What icon does represent them op this map? What warbands are left over? I stumbled across this Warcry encampment roster and noticed it has 10 total with different pictures next to them. Maybe hints about what to come? 

Hide contents

9F350A9E-BC29-4482-BF09-63E6073E22D8-sca

Maybe someone can try to fill out the options XD. Hidden Cavern could be Troggs! 

I would love there to be a Trogg Herd Warband!! Yes thatd be epic!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MitGas said:

I might be able to get extra FW Fimir (originals, for a reasonable price of course) if you ever need to get them. A mate in my group got them too but didn't even build them and he's got a lot of other things. Best to wait now if they really come out with new ones tho. :D Can't promise it 100% but there's a good chance (I'd say around 80%).

Cheers for the offer matey. I made a promise not to get anything else until my backlog is sorted though. I'm actually doing quite well. 

I say this after I've bought a full Maggotkin army to paint of course, oh and some anniversary figs, and a golden demon plan, oh and the Skaven and Sylvaneth boxset, but that was because I saw an amazing environment colour scheme in Greece so it would be rude not to. I'm doing really well on that promise though. 

• Like 5

That pendant OBVIOUSLY points to MALERION AELVES!!!!!! Confirmed!!!! 

Should that not be the case it just HAS TO BE SILENT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! 

And if I'm still wrong there's strong implications that the not-bull shape is a hint at CHAOS DUARDIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!

As Spiderfang and Fimir were already mentioned I'd say we should have all the TGA staples covered here. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

I have a feeling Slaanesh won't be in it either, potentially being saved for the next season against a Lumineth faction if AoS 4 is to have the backdrop of Slaanesh's escape.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They've consciously moved the setting out of the Varanspire in order to justify more non-Chaos warbands, so it's certainly possible. Seems unlikely based on the current teasers there is going to be any sort of Duardin warband this season (unless you count Horns of Hashut being servants of the Chorfs), but there's nothing really stopping them introducing one at some point either. 

Although it is worth noting you can play Kharadron/Fyreslayer/Dispossessed warbands with the Compendium/free PDF rules, they're just not dedicated/bespoke warbands with new models.

Well there is that rumour engine with the books which definitely looks KO/Dispossessed so its not impossible. Could be a one off character though..

2 hours ago, cyrus said:

It sounds khorne vs Bonesplitterz to me . Both icons are shown on the map.

XQ5nFqT.jpg

No seraphon on that map though so its not definitive. 

5 minutes ago, silverstu said:

No seraphon on that map though so its not definitive. 

If u look at my other post with the Talaxis shard it could be linked to Seraphon and Ven Talax's Path. Its a stretch though.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

Thinking about it, I think we already have the composition of the next bands with the boxe's names :

Sundered Fate: Tzeentch (fate : obvious connexion) vs. Seraphon (already revealed and the "magical" opposition between the two is appropriate)

Bloodhunt: Khorne (blood: does it need to be explained...) versus Destruction (hunt... ogors or bonesplitterz?)

Nightmare Quest: Slaanesh (nightmare... it can stick) against Flesh-eaters Court (quest : knights : Bretonnians : ghouls)

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

That pendant OBVIOUSLY points to MALERION AELVES!!!!!! Confirmed!!!! 

Should that not be the case it just HAS TO BE SILENT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! 

And if I'm still wrong there's strong implications that the not-bull shape is a hint at CHAOS DUARDIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!

As Spiderfang and Fimir were already mentioned I'd say we should have all the TGA staples covered here. 

I actually thought the Fimir post was a good find. I would like a new race over any squatted race coming back though.

(U forgot about Kurnothi XD)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Cheers for the offer matey. I made a promise not to get anything else until my backlog is sorted though. I'm actually doing quite well. 

I say this after I've bought a full Maggotkin army to paint of course, oh and some anniversary figs, and a golden demon plan, oh and the Skaven and Sylvaneth boxset, but that was because I saw an amazing environment colour scheme in Greece so it would be rude not to. I'm doing really well on that promise though. 

Well, if you want to pass on that potential Fimir offer, I'd certainly take it! I imagine them ad a nice counts as unit for Kruleboyz. ;)

• Like 1