The Rumour Thread

What’s more, each one will contain two brand-new warbands. Yes, brand-new – no upgrade sprues, no existing kits. These warbands are all 100% original, and they’re drawn from factions across the Mortal Realms, not just those in the thrall of Chaos

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

Sundered Fate - Tzeentch is usually associated with fate and we had that one very Tzeentchian Rumour Engine which was presumed to be terrain. Other one will obviously be Lizardmen.

Bloodhunt - Khorne vs Ogres seems the obvious fit, since the lore already talks about Meat-Hunters being in the Gnarlwood. Could also be Flesh-Eater Courts. Might also be GW releasing a third set of DoK Shadowstalkers, har har. Damn there's a lot of blood-related factions in AoS.

Nightmare Quest - Nighthaunt vs Dawnbringers or Stormcast? Could also be Flesh-eater Courts if they're not in Bloodhunt as they're associated with quests a lot and we've had quite a few FEC-fitting Rumour Engines.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 3

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Sundered Fate - Tzeentch is usually associated with fate and we had that one very Tzeentchian Rumour Engine which was presumed to be terrain. Other one will obviously be Lizardmen.

Bloodhunt - Khorne vs Ogres seems the obvious fit, since the lore already talks about Meat-Hunters being in the Gnarlwood. Could also be Flesh-Eater Courts. Might also be GW releasing a third set of DoK Shadowstalkers, har har. Damn there's a lot of blood-related factions in AoS.

Nightmare Quest - Nighthaunt vs Dawnbringers or Stormcast? Could also be Flesh-eater Courts if they're not in Bloodhunt as they're associated with quests a lot.

These seem to be the most logical pairings to me. I’m surprised Tzeentch and Seraphon are first this time around, I thought we’d get destructionvs chaos before chaos vs order.

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Nightmare Quest - Nighthaunt vs Dawnbringers or Stormcast? Could also be Flesh-eater Courts if they're not in Bloodhunt as they're associated with quests a lot.

When you search for the word "Nightmare" on the AoS app, you only get results for Death armies and Idoneth. Quest makes me think Dawnbringers, so I would also guess Dawnbringers vs Death, but I think SBGL or FEC are more likely, because the map icon for Dreadfang's Tower suggests one of those armies.

2 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Are Chameleon Skinks single entities or are they a unit? 

You think this means we won't see updated Saurus here? ☹️

They are in units of 5 afaik, but I think with average warcry warband having roughly 10, we still might see a few sauruses or even a kroxigor

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

If these are correct (and I think they are) I'm really happy I didn't buy the heart of ghur box, because now I'll be all over tzeentch vs seraphon box. It's like a dream come true

• Thanks 1

Personally I think each box will feature a Chaos Warband for the 3 remaining mono-god factions. So as many have posted..

Sundered Fate - Disciples of Tzeentch vs. Seraphon
Bloodhunt - Blades of Khorne vs. Ogors
Nightmare Quest - Hedonites of Slaanesh vs. Death (I'm thinking FEC or a Vyrkos warband)

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL! WE HAVE A CHAMELEON SKINK COMING FOR WARCRY! PRAISE SOTEK!

oh and also names of the incoming boxes

33 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

LETS GOOOOO!! ALL NEW WARBANDS AND KITS MEANS ALL NEW OGORS!! PRAISE THE GULPING GOD!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Reading through the lore of the new Warcry set, you learn that Ven Talax was an explorer who first discovered the ruins in the Gnarlwood. He tells everyone about it and leads another expedition which never emerges again. Others have found many corpses from this second expedition, and journals from Ven Talax depicting a descent into desperation and madness, but they never find his corpse. 

Seems decently possible to me that he could be leading the tattered remnants of his second expedition as a CoS warband or maybe even more likely an FEC warband. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Everyone should also remember this does not mean only 6 new Warbands as the Legionnaires are not oart of a boxed set. We may still have 1 more seperate Warband!!

I'll be real sad if one of them isnt Gitz or Orruks based on all the map icons.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

While these guesses all seem reasonable. Heart of Ghur doesn't exactly scream Hashut Vs Nurgle. The names  Red Harvest and Catacombs also don't have much to do with the warbands involved. Regarding Tzeentch, we know the book is coming at the same time as Lumineth. The new Lumineth unit was in the ghb. It would suggest that either there's no Tzeentch warband or it is coming to late to make the Tzeentch battletome. That's possible but it makes me slightly less inclined to believe in a new Tzeentch warband.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I'll be real sad if one of them isnt Gitz or Orruks based on all the map icons.

Im hoping for at least 2 Destruction Warbands. Ogors seem pretty confirmed but Id love a Gitz or Warclans as well. We already have 3 Chaos, which to me is more than enough.

1 hour ago, GenericEdgyName said:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL! WE HAVE A CHAMELEON SKINK COMING FOR WARCRY! PRAISE SOTEK!

oh and also names of the incoming boxes

Hate to say it after that sneak peak of a skink but... if boxed set = dual warband set then we're talking 220 USD / equivalent for each one, and there's 4 per season, which is uhh. yeah.

It didn't really sound like single warband boxes with terrain :/ Guess I am waiting for halves unless one particular set I absolutely want both warbands AND the terrain.

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Regarding Tzeentch, we know the book is coming at the same time as Lumineth. The new Lumineth unit was in the ghb. It would suggest that either there's no Tzeentch warband or it is coming to late to make the Tzeentch battletome. That's possible but it makes me slightly less inclined to believe in a new Tzeentch warband.

Sisters Novitiates weren't in the Sisters of Battle codex despite their Kill-Team box being revealed very shortly after it's release, so it's possible they won't be in there. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Hate to say it after that sneak peak of a skink but... if boxed set = dual warband set then we're talking 220 USD / equivalent for each one, and there's 4 per season, which is uhh. yeah.

It didn't really sound like single warband boxes with terrain :/ Guess I am waiting for halves unless one particular set I absolutely want both warbands AND the terrain.

For what it's worth, with Kill Team all the boxes after the first one were smaller, with less terrain/no core book and therefore cheaper than the main box. So there's a chance they won't all be priced for maximum pain.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

They’ve already said the Heart of Ghur content will be released individually. The kill teams from the first three boxes are now available individually. You would have to wait about three or four months for the individual release though. That said, the Heart of Ghur war bands are already all over eBay which might actually be the cheapest option. 

• Like 1