The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

@HorticulusTGA

So you think it's plausible that we will see two Aelves faction released side by side? It does sound nice Aelves on ?waterhorses? and an expansion on the Witch Aelves theme.

Well hopefully it's Darkoath, Death, two Aelves factions, Stormcast, Slaanesh, Light Aelves and skaven for 2018!

I really don't know, I'd say (given the last MP video and other clues already discussed above), we'll have : 

- February : MP book, 4 Harbingers, some new (old) sceneries, Legions Of Nagash (if it's Neferata in the video, then we could see Soulblight too).

-March : following of MP. 

- April-may : Aleves. I find it REALLY strange to have two different factions but why not (that would be two Shadow aelf factions, so we would still need something else for Light Aelves, Tyrion and Teclis). 

- June to November : unknown. 

- November - December- January (2019) : Slaanesh 40k and AOS.

Around that, mayyyybe Darkoath and Moonclan, and more probably new Stormcasts (I hope with proper Sceneries like Stormkeep).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

I guess the Nurgle release sorta disproves that. But then again, the black coach is a nobody model, plague marines are a much bigger deal. The Black Coach he heard about is much more likely to be a completely new model in the vein of a coach.

I don't necessarily think the Nurgle release disproves that they don't like remaking existing models.

It's just I think they definitely carefully choose when they want to remake stuff. It hasn't really come up so far in Age of Sigmar, because you know, most of the factions have been new (Stormcast, Fyreslayers, Overlords, Ironjawz) or expanding factions that already have a lot of plastic (Khorne, Tzeentch, Sylvaneth, Maggotkin).

Overall though, I think the Nurgle Daemons stuff were pretty obvious to do. Greater Unclean one was a pretty old model now and super unimpressive for what should be a centrepiece of the army. Beasts of Nurgle were the only finecast unit left on the Daemon side (Other than Epidemus who is a special character). So both made pretty good sense to get done in plastic.

I assume Slaanesh will have a similar upgrade as well if they ever get redone, new Greater Daemon and Fiends as they're the only real finecast units left other than special characters for the Daemons.

So yeah, I don't think they'll be redoing every kit from the 6th edition era. Most of those kits belong to the factions that are unlikely to see an update anyway.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/aos_matched_play_points.pdf

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/warhammer-aos-tamurkhans-horde.pdf

stealth update for forgeworld

Eguo remains unchanged.

fairly confident this issue of it " being a named character " is resolved now with the maggotkin book not stating it as one either. 

13 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/aos_matched_play_points.pdf

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/warhammer-aos-tamurkhans-horde.pdf

stealth update for forgeworld

Eguo remains unchanged.

fairly confident this issue of it " being a named character " is resolved now with the maggotkin book not stating it as one either. 

What's actually changed in those pdfs? At a glance I can't really tell.

I'm not quite understanding of how the 2 new Aelf factions would have anything to do with the Realm of Shadows or Light.

From the rumours I got the impression the aelves reside in the realm of death. 

When they get to Malekith and Tyrion I would expect realms of shadow and light aelves

18 minutes ago, Rollcage said:

I'm not quite understanding of how the 2 new Aelf factions would have anything to do with the Realm of Shadows or Light.

From the rumours I got the impression the aelves reside in the realm of death. 

When they get to Malekith and Tyrion I would expect realms of shadow and light aelves

Because the aelves live in the realms of light and shadows and have since the death of the old worlds? I'm not super up on my lore but I'm pretty sure we haven't had much in the way of aelf sightings outside of warhammer quest.

5 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I really don't know, I'd say (given the last MP video and other clues already discussed above), we'll have : 

- February : MP book, 4 Harbingers, some new (old) sceneries, Legions Of Nagash (if it's Neferata in the video, then we could see Soulblight too).

Soulblight Allegiance is being included in the LoN book (along with GA: Death). The only reason I can think of the allegiance being in this book so soon after GHB (especially with Nighthaunt and FEC not being included), is that is has received some sort of change.

7 hours ago, BURF1 said:

Because the aelves live in the realms of light and shadows and have since the death of the old worlds? I'm not super up on my lore but I'm pretty sure we haven't had much in the way of aelf sightings outside of warhammer quest.

I do recall that GA:O had the "Exiled" factions be groups that hailed from both Shyish and Ulgu. I COULD be wrong, though.

EDIT: the darkling covens are made from sorceress queens and their coteries that hail both from Shyish and Ulgu, indeed.

Edited by KillagoreFaceslasha

On the subject of two Aelf releases I could see one being light/shadow aelves and the other being Slaanesh worshipping aelves.

When Slaanesh does get some love s/he will probably need an analogue to Arcanites/Bloodbound/Rotbringers as just StD and daemons wouldn't fill out the battletome that well and a lot of Slaanesh players would feel hard done by. Personally I hope that's what happens, something a bit different for chaos and for the setting as whole. Chaos elves haven't been a thing since Storm of Chaos!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, someone2040 said:

I don't necessarily think the Nurgle release disproves that they don't like remaking existing models.

It's just I think they definitely carefully choose when they want to remake stuff. It hasn't really come up so far in Age of Sigmar, because you know, most of the factions have been new (Stormcast, Fyreslayers, Overlords, Ironjawz) or expanding factions that already have a lot of plastic (Khorne, Tzeentch, Sylvaneth, Maggotkin).

Overall though, I think the Nurgle Daemons stuff were pretty obvious to do. Greater Unclean one was a pretty old model now and super unimpressive for what should be a centrepiece of the army. Beasts of Nurgle were the only finecast unit left on the Daemon side (Other than Epidemus who is a special character). So both made pretty good sense to get done in plastic.

I assume Slaanesh will have a similar upgrade as well if they ever get redone, new Greater Daemon and Fiends as they're the only real finecast units left other than special characters for the Daemons.

So yeah, I don't think they'll be redoing every kit from the 6th edition era. Most of those kits belong to the factions that are unlikely to see an update anyway.

Ultimately I believe GW's strategy is to convert every existing finecast model that they have use for to plastic, and slowly ditch the rest. It's pretty obvious that GW HQ qants to go all-plastic for its mainline units. This has been happening since fantasy 6th ed. Slowly they've been phasing out metal kits, then finecast. Whilst ancient plastic sets remain. I don't think we've seen a plastic kit remade since... Tactical marines?

I also think GW generally wants to make new kits than remake old ones. There's more money in it, and that is ultimately what counts. Exception being when the difference in model quality and the upgraded model' sales potential is high enough, as with Nurgle.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Seems legit. There's no way a new account registered 3 days ago could tell lies on the internet

There's another much more well known rumor monger saying the same thing on atia's site. You can see the screenshot in this thread actually.

1 minute ago, BURF1 said:

There's another much more well known rumor monger saying the same thing on atia's site. You can see the screenshot in this thread actually.

Yeah, temulun or whatever he's called is pretty insistent on it. At this point I'm kind of inclined to belive in it. Too much sunken cost for so little pay-off.

2 hours ago, BURF1 said:

Do you know about how far back? I'd really like to learn more about this rumor.

1 hour ago, Blueraven84 said:

I'm not sure if you are allowed to put links in this site but if you Google Disqus profile Temouloun you can see he/she? predicted even Custodes ages ago. Now he/she has rumours about two aelf factions...

Thank you! Found it.

I'm honestly starting to get the feeling that the purpose of Malign Portents isn't too expand Death as such. Not too say that they won't be a main feature, or get new models, but they aren't the focus. The purpose of this story is the return of Slaanesh at the end of the year/start of next. Calling it now.

Nagash will probably go around fething things up, reclaiming a bunch of "stolen" Aelf and Stormcast souls, and somehow that'll result in Slaanesh's release. 

• Thanks 1

AOS was always touted as a narrative that would progress as time went on, so "the current event is only being done to introduce the next event" will always be true.

The Realmgate Wars existed to set up the Season of Hope, which was there to set up Malign Portents, which will probably lead to some conflict with Slaneesh, then that will lead in to something to do with the ogors or goblins, and so on...

It's a marketing tactic to keep people actively engaged in the product line as a whole rather than getting tunnel vision over their specific faction getting updated maybe once every 5 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Praetor of Calth said:

I'm honestly starting to get the feeling that the purpose of Malign Portents isn't too expand Death as such. Not too say that they won't be a main feature, or get new models, but they aren't the focus. The purpose of this story is the return of Slaanesh at the end of the year/start of next. Calling it now.

Nagash will probably go around fething things up, reclaiming a bunch of "stolen" Aelf and Stormcast souls, and somehow that'll result in Slaanesh's release. 

It's going to be a disappointing year for Death if all the releases are Nurgle, Two Aelf factions, and Slaanesh. :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yeled said:

It's going to be a disappointing year for Death if all the releases are Nurgle, Two Aelf factions, and Slaanesh. :P

Lets be real. GW love releasing Stormcast. Deathcast will mean more Stormcast and Death in one release. its a sure thing!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Praetor of Calth said:

I don't think Slaanesh is that big of a concern for GW honestly. They don't really sell that well and the vast majority of sculpting options that would make sense for Slaanesh aren't exactly 'box art friendly' I wouldn't be surprised if even Morathi's aelves aren't Chaos related.

Slaanesh will get an update eventually but I would put money on it being plastic fiend, plastic keeper, plastic chariot, couple of plastic HQs and that'll be it for a looong time.

• Like 1