The Rumour Thread

54 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Oh, I feel absolutely NO shame for fielding grey stuff 😇... currently working on kill team terrain, I HATE (hate hate hate hate.... bless you, Kefka) painting those stupid light grills on my containers though but at least I managed to get the OSL effect done quite ok now, first time was too dark so i gotta repaint those darn metal grills around them). Got them all done now (got no more recent pic) but I still need to fix a couple of mistakes cause I suck.

I also mentioned that I've put IV on one side of the green container and a VI on the other. Looks like my servitor is dyslexic. He shall experience the God-Emperor's mercy when I return from my holiday. 😡

Hide contents

screwyoulights.jpg.ce81282e99b585d77ba64f9f822a260e.jpg

It's quite hopeless with me, I'm still fielding a mostly grey horde after a couple of years, Tzeentch is quite disappointed - but that's alright, he's in good company, my family feels the very same way. 😎

I honestly thought the OSL were LEDs, mate they look insanely cool!!

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Is it weird to be saying I think AoS won this one?

The Terminator looks great, but his pose and style don't seem like they'd mesh well with anything else. Too blocky and static and obviously designed as a reference to that classic art I'm sure someone will link any second now.

By comparison the Sorceress looks like an alternative Sorcerer sculpt and not out of place in a StD army. Also the little acolyte minion thingies are a cute touch without taking away from her model.

Scroll bearer and warrior one are both one of the original chaos familiars you once used to get.

nice to see them back, ill definitely be fetting that model :)

I've noticed a few of the older warcry warbands showing unavailable to order on some 3rd party sites. Have there been any rumours.of being discontinued or are they going to be reboxed without cards like some of the older underworld warbands were?

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

You know, I’m surprised no one’s done a Cobra themed Warhammer army (probably chaos). Think of the potential….. 

side note: there’s a G.I. Joe RPG system now, I kid you not.

That's what 40k is for... ;)

They used to sell Cobra heads but it's gone unfortunately. Cause that would've been an amazing idea for a kill team. I mean, I already got 3 now but what's another?

image.png.6645458bee7436c7baac8fca74c77739.png

Edit: but you could use the cypher lords heads as a base too for Tzeentchian Cobra heads.... only need to fill up those eyes but that's super easy compared to your usual projects! ;)

Another edit: HA! I've found them.... https://www.etsy.com/listing/1011129308/enemy-heads-collection-28mm-sci-fi

COBRAAAAAA-LALALALALALALA*

* let's forget that second part.... 

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I honestly thought the OSL were LEDs, mate they look insanely cool!!

Thanks for the praise, big one! The secret is pretty much an airbrush with white ink and somewhat dark colors so that you get enough contrast. I've also oversprayed it a bit, even where the light wouldn't hit stuff so that it looks like a "halo" from a distance (at least people with crappy eyes like me don't see lights as a small bright spot but a bigger one). Plus I can work less precise that way, that's always a win. 😂

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

That's what 40k is for... ;)

They used to sell Cobra heads but it's gone unfortunately. Cause that would've been an amazing idea for a kill team. I mean, I already got 3 now but what's another?

image.png.6645458bee7436c7baac8fca74c77739.png

Edit: but you could use the cypher lords heads as a base too for Tzeentchian Cobra heads.... only need to fill up those eyes but that's super easy compared to your usual projects! ;)

Another edit: HA! I've found them.... https://www.etsy.com/listing/1011129308/enemy-heads-collection-28mm-sci-fi

COBRAAAAAA-LALALALALALALA*

* let's forget that second part.... 

I meant 40K, but the Cypher Lords helms are a good idea (maybe if I put them on the Splintered Fang). Also if you think my current projects are monumental tasks, wait until I tell you about my Be’Laker conversion. It involves Tomb Kings Bits, a Lord of Change, and Magnus the Red.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Hoping that New Model Monday is a Preview for one of the new Warbands!!

They said in the article that it’s 40k and Necromunda tomorrow. It looks like we will get a selection of AoS warscrolls  this week. Hopefully that will include the rotmire creed and the cities warband. We were also promised an article on the future of Warcry this week. I just want a tease of the next box. It doesn’t even have to show minis. They just need to confirm that the next two warbands aren’t chaos and I’ll be happy. It’s only just over two weeks until the nova preview, I’m pretty confident they’ll show off the new box then.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I meant 40K, but the Cypher Lords helms are a good idea (maybe if I put them on the Splintered Fang). Also if you think my current projects are monumental tasks, wait until I tell you about my Be’Laker conversion. It involves Tomb Kings Bits, a Lord of Change, and Magnus the Red.

Don't forget the kidney*! ✌️

* Preferably someone else's

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

They said in the article that it’s 40k and Necromunda tomorrow. It looks like we will get a selection of AoS warscrolls  this week. Hopefully that will include the rotmire creed and the cities warband. We were also promised an article on the future of Warcry this week. I just want a tease of the next box. It doesn’t even have to show minis. They just need to confirm that the next two warbands aren’t chaos and I’ll be happy. It’s only just over two weeks until the nova preview, I’m pretty confident they’ll show off the new box then.

Agree. Hopefully the Legionaires were the last of the Chaos Warbands for this Edition.

Am i the only one that thought the Centaurion Marshal was included in the Legionaires warband?

I am putting the Megadroth Remains and Incarnate on my wishlist for that price. But i still hope they put some of the new terrain in a Ravaged Lands set though.

Whats in the compendium that isnt found on the free pdf's? Just a book and some art? I wont buy it if thats the case. It would be nice if it has the 2.0 rules and the Warscrolls in there.

Edited by Gitzdee

6 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Am i the only one that thought the Centaurion Marshal was included in the Legionaires warband? I am putting the Megadroth Remains and Incarnate on my wishlist for that price. But i still hope they put some of the new terrain in a Ravaged Lands set though.

Whats in the compendium that isnt found on the free pdf's? Just a book and some art? I wont buy it if thats the case. It would be nice if it has the 2.0 rules and the Warscrolls in there.

I always assumed it a Wandering Monster till you posted, is it a character for the Warband?