The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

stormcast in particular shouldn't because modular design is harder for new players to wrap their heads around, and because they have too many warscrolls to create a niche for every unit.

Forgot to add, but yeah they went the completely opposite direction a huge tome of units like Stormcast needs to breathe, which is a whole lot of focused synergies that basically break the book into fully playable subfactions that focus on specific units and play totally different on each other. Instead they made the old Sacrosanct, Vanguard etc keywords almost completely meaningless and untouched.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, novakai said:

Opposite will happen in reality, their roster will keep getting bigger every edition relative to other armies.

Indeed. They need to merge stuff into similar units so models are still useable, but the way they’re going 80% of the game will be SCE warscrolls by 2030.

59 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Today is the start of Summer Games Fest and GW is kicking it off with Warhammer Skulls!! Expect new games announced over the next few hours. Hoping for some more AOS love!!

Let's goooo!!! Hope to see more AoS games!

• LOVE IT! 2

Would be pretty Meta if Warhammer Skulls was a game where you'd just roll a skull into a pile of other skulls and see how much mayhem you can cause. They could have different rules for human skulls, Dwarf skulls, spikey Chaos skulls, very fast skulls painted in red, incorporeal ghostly skulls, bigger giant skulls etc.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Maogrim said:

I think there's also a point to be made about the validity of the Orruk Warclans tome. As I read it it contains a faction which is very creative and flavourful in Kruleboyz who are however being seriously limited by overly complicated rules and a lack of valid options (everyone plays just one of the three subfactions). Ironjawz are really strong but lost some of their previous options and rules. No one seems to play Bonesplitterz, and Big Waagh is a disappointing mess.

So while Nighthaunt and Maggotkin seem to have been buffed or expanded upon by their new tomes (and Sylvaneth look very promising as well so far), other factions like Fyreslayers, Orruk Warclans and appearantly Skaven have been weakened or limited. So 

What do Idoneth players think? I don't gear much about them since a glorious crustacean future never came to path. Are they better or more fun now, or just slightly different?

The original IDK book wasn’t that bad to begin with so they just kind of tweaked it. 

All the books have new and exciting ways to play. Everything is becoming more balanced. Competitive isn’t the only goal of the Battletomes. Most now allow you different ways to get more of a variety of units on the table compared to before which makes the game and hobby better. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

The original IDK book wasn’t that bad to begin with so they just kind of tweaked it. 

All the books have new and exciting ways to play. Everything is becoming more balanced. Competitive isn’t the only goal of the Battletomes. Most now allow you different ways to get more of a variety of units on the table compared to before which makes the game and hobby better. 

I wouldn’t say variety and play is the strength of the newer battletome. Things are more cookie cutter and fewer options then last edition which allows more forceful balance

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I'm not sure that I'd agree here. Ironjawz for example are competetively viable but have lost some stuff that was present in their previous solo battletome. Daughters of Khaine just basically stayed the same in a lot of ways, just that it's now a little harder to unlock Melusai as battle line. And Fyreslayers can field more overpriced Magmadroths now (in one lodge) but also got worse across the bank (at least so I have heard). 

Let's say: some have new and exciting ways to play.

• Thanks 1

Well that was disappointing lol. Not really any great AoS news

I hope all you peeps have phones because in the grim darkness of the 21st century there is only Warhammer mobile games

edit: at least UK expo is this friday

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

I hope all you peeps have phones because in the grim darkness of the 21st century there is only Warhammer mobile games

I'm actually glad we didn't see any age of Sigmar stuff. If I have to see one more terrible looking age of Sigmar mobile game. My head will explode.

12 minutes ago, novakai said:

Damn I just want proper AOS games!! 40K is getting Space Marine 2 and Darktide, WHFB has more content than AOS!!

Will the UK expo have any reveals?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Damn I just want proper AOS games!! 40K is getting Space Marine 2 and Darktide, WHFB has more content than AOS!!

Will the UK expo have any reveals?

If I had to guess at minimum is the full reveal of the Nurgle Warcry warband

• Thanks 1

Don't think this "reveal" could've been any more disappointing. Literally ALL 40k ******. Was there zero AOS mentioned during the livestream??????????? AOS is perfect for a CRPG and yet once again it's given to 40k.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/01/every-reveal-from-warhammer-skulls-2022-the-warhammer-video-games-festival/

Like seriously what is this

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, xking said:

I'm actually glad we didn't see any age of Sigmar stuff. If I have to see one more terrible looking age of Sigmar mobile game. My head will explode.

If even a single mobile game was single player it'd be better. the fact that they're all forced PVP is what really kills me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jetlife said:

i was soo happy with idk tome after the fire/idk box. everything was ok etc

then that joke book came out.... almost every aura buff dont work on ranged and or mounts, despite being a ranged/mounted heavy faction. every faction rules are total jokes( good thing is i can choose any of them with a dice since it wont have huge impact in game lol).

rituals changed to being opressive again shotting( never good thing) or buff namartis. others are useless. instead a propper table with real fun choices etc.

magic lore of idk was allready reaaaally bad with 6 spells... now is the only tome with magic with only 4 spells for whatever reason.

powerwise? they are around the same as preebook, high side of midd tier, being pretty op against shotting and not so good against others, would prefer to be okish against everything.

so yeah, would prefer to not get a tome like that, and im hope my seraphons dont get a tome for whole 3.0 since i loved 2.0 books, 3.0 books are mostly boring index books.