The Rumour Thread

50 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

4th Edition is still at least 3 years away. I think it's a bit early to start speculating about it, considering that we'll probably be getting the first wave of Dawnbringers early-mid next year (revealed in the same way as World Eaters, who are pretty much confirmed to be coming around end of 2022 early 2023)

What makes you think that?  1st ed. was 2015, 2nd was 2018 and 3rd was 2021.  Without evidence to the contrary, I'd assume 4th will be 2024.

8 hours ago, Lightbox said:

I would love a decent AoS video game 😭 Bonus points if it's not just storm cast dude power fantasy. (Give me an AoS RPG with character customisation)

Trust me, none of them out right now except maybe the VR game are Stormcast power fantasies. Stormground is hard as hell and I'm lucky if I leave a mission with only 1 death.

We can only dream of getting the action game Space Marine treatment for AOS tbh...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TreelordRecent said:

Do remember that getting close to these trees can make you vulnerable to the treelord ancient’s spell or to the effects of the woods themselves. That is normally right where a sylvaneth player wants you to be. It may be a case of damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

The big hope, yeah. I’m keeping the branch-fingers crossed for a 3” range on “you’re too close to the woods effect” abilities to balance that out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TreelordRecent said:

Do remember that getting close to these trees can make you vulnerable to the treelord ancient’s spell or to the effects of the woods themselves. That is normally right where a sylvaneth player wants you to be. It may be a case of damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

That's true! Though it seems the mortal wound effects of the trees are tied only to Wyldwoods, not Overgrown Terrain, and it remains to be seen how the Treelord Ancient will play.

They mention also that Tree- and Spite-Revs will be fragile, which indicates that they won't be getting a 2nd wound. I'm okay with this, TBH, as long as they get an upgrade to their offense to encourage a more "active" use of the models. Tree-revs are cool, but their function is, essentially, to sit there as a threat to your opponent and force them to keep units in the back to guard objectives. Very useful, but hardly the most interesting thing in gameplay.

And spite-revs... well, they're basically a non-starter. You likely will be using your 1 allegiance teleport for something bigger, and they don't currently have a built-in teleport like tree-revs (hint hint GW).

I'd love to see tree-revs get an offense boost so they become active backline-objective clearers and assassins - not so powerful as to threaten notable units, but certainly able to reliably take out a unit of 10 chaff or a small hero, with the musician now there to help them get reliable charges from teleporting. Then, spite-revs get the teleport and a refocus on debuffing enemy units and heroes by cancelling out command abilities or dealing MWs at short range by doing contested rolls against an enemy's leadership. Both units still have unique roles that use the extreme mobility of the teleport to different ends, so it's not like one will be clearly better than the other.

Edited by acr0ssth3p0nd
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Except for the cost of buying the models I’d definitely be into reasons the field more revenants and dryads instead of taking the minimum I need to make my list of heroes and kurnoth hunters, for sure.

Well, if the article calling Tree- and Spite-Revs "hard hitters" that are "fragile" is anything to go by, we'll be seeing those two units get an offensive boost. Not sure how it'll help the spites, but it means that tree-revs can potentially be more proactive in taking backfield objectives from units of 10 chaff and small heroes. Bumping the tree-rev to 3 attacks at 3+/3+/-1/D1 (from their current 2 attacks at 4+/3+/-1/D1) would mean they could reliably cut through 4-6 1-wound 4+ save chaff models, leaving the rest to run from battleshock.

Edited by acr0ssth3p0nd

7 minutes ago, acr0ssth3p0nd said:

Well, if the article calling Tree- and Spite-Revs "hard hitters" that are "fragile" is anything to go by, we'll be seeing those two units get an offensive boost. Not sure how it'll help the spites, but it means that tree-revs can potentially be more proactive in taking backfield objectives from units of 10 chaff and small heroes. Bumping the tree-rev to 3 attacks at 3+/3+/-1/D1 (from their current 2 attacks at 4+/3+/-1/D1) would mean they could reliably cut through 4-6 1-wound 4+ save chaff models, leaving the rest to run from battleshock.

To be honest, if I know Warhammer Community, them being "hard hitters" could mean anything from 2 attacks at 4/3/-1/1 to 5 attacks at 3/3/-2/2 :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

To be honest, if I know Warhammer Community, them being "hard hitters" could mean anything from 2 attacks at 4/3/-1/1 to 5 attacks at 3/3/-2/2 :(

Do you remember how they described twinsouls? xD something like monster killers?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Sylvaneth are good!

You've been saying this with such certainty over the last few weeks that I'm starting to suspect you have a source on the inside... ;)

In all seriousness, we haven't seen all of the allegiance abilities yet, and the weaknesses of the new Wyldwood setup are, at worst, a neutral change from what we already have. I'm excited to see what the Seasons of War can do, and cautiously optimistic for Tree and Spite-revenants getting the boosts they need to play a more active role in the game.

Edited by acr0ssth3p0nd

7 minutes ago, acr0ssth3p0nd said:

You've been saying this with such certainty over the last few weeks that I'm starting to suspect you have a source on the inside... ;)

In all seriousness, we haven't seen all of the allegiance abilities yet, and the weaknesses of the new Wyldwood setup are, at worst, a neutral change from what we already have. I'm excited to see what the Seasons of War can do, and cautiously optimistic for Tree and Spite-revenants getting the boosts they need to play a more active role in the game.

To be fair all the new battletomes have been good, each of the armies has a distinct feel and plays how they are portrayed in the lore. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

10 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

To be fair all the new battletomes have been good, each of the armies has a distinct feel and plays how they are portrayed in the lore. 

Yes. They all have been legit!! 3.0 has definitely started to add some layers to every army by making every army have legitimate variety in ways to play compared to the 2.0 one meta list per army and everything else sucks…. They’ve done a great job. 

This in turn makes the rumors of potential Battletomes so exciting. Even if an army doesn’t get any models we can still get excited about the book! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, acr0ssth3p0nd said:

Ooof. Yeah, this may really hurt Sylvaneth.

Not really. If someone was 3 inches away from a wyldwood back then we couldn't anyways due to the 9 inches away from enemy unit rule. It seems more like they just wanted to make sure Alarielle was able to teleport at all. Also, moving your army within 3 inches of a Wyldwood is a horrible idea due to path blocking and the fact that now durthu is charging into you with an extra attack AND teleporting away directly afterwards.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KingGatorboy said:

Not really. If someone was 3 inches away from a wyldwood back then we couldn't anyways due to the 9 inches away from enemy unit rule. It seems more like they just wanted to make sure Alarielle was able to teleport at all. Also, moving your army within 3 inches of a Wyldwood is a horrible idea due to path blocking and the fact that now durthu is charging into you with an extra attack AND teleporting away directly afterwards.

Shoot, you're probably right! And this is why actual gameplay experience is important, folks. :P

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I know a certain Fyreslayers player who would surely disagree and give us another small essay about them being nerfed to ruins and how they are unplayable now and that the numbers don't lie etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Ogregut said:

With the exception of Fyreslayers I agree. It was a threadbare battletome and they did very little to revive it. It ain't horrible just disappointing and quite stale compared to how I wished it would be.

4 hours ago, Maogrim said:

I know a certain Fyreslayers player who would surely disagree and give us another small essay about them being nerfed to ruins and how they are unplayable now and that the numbers don't lie etc.

To randomly, and completely unprovoked, pick on someone is toxic as heck.

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

Sylvaneth Battletome

The Wyldwoods will act like spell portals

GHB / Battlescroll
Dragon hero phase move goes away
Thunder lizards scaly skin also goes awayLivll
Living City Strike then Melt Away must finish the movement outside 9" of any enemy

Lumineth Battletome
Sentinels 24" reach, need LOS and lambent is changed though I dont know how
Wind Spirits no longer move in opponents phase
Stonemage can let the Stoneguard do MWs on 5s and 6s

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:
  Hide contents

Living City Strike then Melt Away must finish the movement outside 9" of any enemy

Balance/battlescroll update ?

31 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:
  Hide contents

Wish list or rumor? changes looks cool tho