The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

How many Warbands were released with the varying Editions of Warcry? The Varanites and Catacombs and such?

Just trying to gauge how many we may get as it seems 3 so far are Chaos.

Well, there were the initial six (including the starter set) and after some time the Spire Tyrants. Then came Catacombs and two warbands (the fire one and Morathi Aelves). Then another long break and Red Harvest so essentialy it's been a weird pattern of 6 -1 - 2 - 2

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Well, there were the initial six (including the starter set) and after some time the Spire Tyrants. Then came Catacombs and two warbands (the fire one and Morathi Aelves). Then another long break and Red Harvest so essentialy it's been a weird pattern of 6 -1 - 2 - 2

If it follows that pattern and the rumoured 3 week AOS-palooza, we may get the 6 Warbands pumped out.

The initial 2 of Horns of Hashut and the recently shown Nurgle Warband. Then the other STD Warband from the Tome alongside another Warband, hopefully by another 2 the following week.

I just really hope we get Destruction and Seraphon Warbands of some kind. All Chaos is quite boring, it made sense when the setting was the Eight Points but now we are in Ghur!!

• Like 6

Was just looking at this old rumor. Feels like sooo long ago. To be fair a lot of this is true outside of the timing and a few of the army pairings……  

Only one that seems blatant is OBR. Maybe they assumed the thondia incarnate was for them 🤷🏻‍♂️

C16E7530-05E6-4875-A664-54659B1A7925.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Was just looking at this old rumor. Feels like sooo long ago. To be fair a lot of this is true outside of the timing and a few of the army pairings……  

Only one that seems blatant is OBR. Maybe they assumed the thondia incarnate was for them 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sobs in "Ogors Summer"

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Mostly false though. No OBR, no crabs, NH/DoK not mentioned for spring, Skaven is already paired with DoK in a box, no mention of Sylvaneth at all, S2D leaks show no BoC units on their content page, no mention of dawnbringer crusades, and Silent People/Umbraneth is starting to feel like a community meme at this point.

Just about the only thing that might be true is Ogor being one of the destruction tomes and S2D in winter. Khorne being mentioned as "high priority" made me laugh and then also cry a bit. 😂

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Lets see.

OBR in January -> false

IDK vs FS -> half true, no crabs.

Ogors in Summer -> false, but can be delayed to fall, so we must wait for this one.

Nh in October-> false

GSG vs S2D -> false

Malerion -> ?

Skaven with big release -> false

Khorne high priority -> we must wait (but i think is Tzeentch)

Lrl high priority -> true

Sylvaneth high priority-> true

CoS high priority-> false

Silent people-> false

S2D also includes BoC-> i can buy it because of the ogors, so lets say true but the guy didnt understand.

So 7 false, 4 true (a bit tricky because of S2D and crabs).

Imo that guy was a lier.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

The fact we arent getting any new Death Faction Tomes this year gives me hope for OBR and Flesh Eaters to get substantial updates. Im still of the opinion that these 2 Rumour Engines are one model, seated on a throne. 

20210708_203922.jpg

I love the image that evokes... I wonder if it will be the Carrion King?

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The fact we arent getting any new Death Faction Tomes this year gives me hope for OBR and Flesh Eaters to get substantial updates. Im still of the opinion that these 2 Rumour Engines are one model, seated on a throne. 

20210708_203922.jpg

Don't forget that we are supposed to be getting some expansions for Cursed City this year. This could we be a character from that game. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Ragest said:

Lets see.

OBR in January -> false

IDK vs FS -> half true, no crabs.

Ogors in Summer -> false, but can be delayed to fall, so we must wait for this one.

Nh in October-> false

GSG vs S2D -> false

Malerion -> ?

Skaven with big release -> false

Khorne high priority -> we must wait (but i think is Tzeentch)

Lrl high priority -> true

Sylvaneth high priority-> true

CoS high priority-> false

Silent people-> false

S2D also includes BoC-> i can buy it because of the ogors, so lets say true but the guy didnt understand.

So 7 false, 4 true (a bit tricky because of S2D and crabs).

Imo that guy was a lier.

In fairness he does say that the later rumors are a bit nebulous…. If you look at the early rumors he called what was coming outside of bonereapers. 

The IDK box was dead on. Crabs vs short stacks was a joke. 

Still a possibility of Ogors this summer. 

Nighthaunt got a Battletome. So true. The timing is irrelevant these days because of how much stuff has changed. Still called it coming out….

STD leaked and already is a winter release. So that was correct too. We also know that there will be more Battletomes in winter which could be gloomspite. 

All in all. This guys obviously saw or knew something to get that much info……… 

For all we know he could be the potatoe cam guy which would make a lot of sense considering his later rumors are hazy, just like his photos!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jetlife said:

In fairness he does say that the later rumors are a bit nebulous…. If you look at the early rumors he called what was coming outside of bonereapers. 

The IDK box was dead on. Crabs vs short stacks was a joke. 

Still a possibility of Ogors this summer. 

Nighthaunt got a Battletome. So true. The timing is irrelevant these days because of how much stuff has changed. Still called it coming out….

STD leaked and already is a winter release. So that was correct too. We also know that there will be more Battletomes in winter which could be gloomspite. 

All in all. This guys obviously saw or knew something to get that much info……… 

For all we know he could be the potatoe cam guy which would make a lot of sense considering his later rumors are hazy, just like his photos!!! 

Timing is hardly irrelevant when we’re talking about a release coming like half a year earlier than ‘rumoured’. Half a year later maybe, it could have been delayed. But bringing a release forward half a year seems pretty damn unlikely. 

It’s more likely just guesses with the odd one being correct. 

37 minutes ago, Still-young said:

It’s more likely just guesses with the odd one being correct. 

100% this. Back to the good old days of rumours where you had some surprises. We all like some leaks but some of the stuff recently for 40K has been crazy and I’m glad it’s not been too bad for AOS (apart from the Nighthaunt book). 

Anyway, UK Games Expo next week. Not too sure if there is reveal for AOS but I think GW are showing off some computer game stuff. Hope there’s a good AOS game coming up. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Anyway, UK Games Expo next week. Not too sure if there is reveal for AOS but I think GW are showing off some computer game stuff. Hope there’s a good AOS game coming up. 

I would love a decent AoS video game 😭 Bonus points if it's not just storm cast dude power fantasy. (Give me an AoS RPG with character customisation)

Edited by Lightbox
  • Like 9

43 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

I would love a decent AoS video game 😭 Bonus points if it's not just storm cast dude power fantasy. (Give me an AoS RPG with character customisation)

I get that but Stormcast are the iconic thing GW want us to think of AOS. Personally, I’d like to see a action RPG where you start off defending you village, die in battle but get chosen by Sigmar and reforged. Then do some gaming but the story is one of your decendants is the bad guy and you can show the Stormcast characters fading humanity. Or something like that.

Anyway - not AOS but Blood Bowl beta is next week for anybody with a PC https://bloodbowl-thegame.com/#/home

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

9 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

As @Whitefang has given a Sad React to Chikouts comment on it being for Cursed City Im 100% confident its for FEC. The Carrion King makes perfect sense. Its a King like image and as far as Im aware FEC have only one named Character in the King!!

8 hours ago, Chikout said:

Don't forget that we are supposed to be getting some expansions for Cursed City this year. This could we be a character from that game. 

I wouldve agreed but as you stated the Sad React from @Whitefang gives my opinion some more hope!!

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

An Artist working for GW just removed a few of his concepts/illustrations. There is a rumor around that one of them had a ghoul with a crown and cape, or something like that.

Well that just makes me confirm my theory!!

• LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Lightbox said:

I would love a xcom style aos game. The last grey knights game had some good reviews too.

• Like 2

There was definitely an old rumour from Reddit around January that talked about Sylvaneth - mentioned Lady of Vines coming with a couple of kits but no Kurnothi, can't remember what else was said or who reposted it here. Not sure what else it mentioned .. think it was a little swear-y/ grumpy. [sounds like a dwarf! 😄]

12 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

20210708_203922.jpg

I personally think these are part of a new flesh eater expansion as well, and I personally can’t wait to see what GW does with them. Soulblight are Nagash’s strategists/bureaucrats, the OBR have become his heavy hitters, and Nighthaunt are the shock troopers, therefore the freshwater courts are the ones who need a new purpose in life besides being canon fodder.

10 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Sorry @Neverchosen, but I hope it’s not Ushoran. If they do bring him back (preferably as a Mortarch), then it’ll probably be some kind of huge daemon prince tier kit. This could be a new hero/part of his retinue though.

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

An Artist working for GW just removed a few of his concepts/illustrations. There is a rumor around that one of them had a ghoul with a crown and cape, or something like that.

Did said artist have any Tomb Kings or Araby concepts? And if so where can I find them? Jokes aside I do wonder how GW is gonna evolve the range, so far the new (underworlds and Arch Regent) FEC models are just ghouls with one piece of armor and bones, it doesn’t really sell the “deluded nobility” aspect if they aren’t wearing some sort of skin cloak.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I wonder when the first batch of Autumn Tomes will be revealed? Probably not until late August I guess? Warcry probably around the same time.

Might have a good 3 months lacking for AOS coming up.

Unless we get another Underworlds Warband?

I think once Warcry drops we’re gonna get hit with a huge drought as both HH and Chaos Space Marines (plus cultists) get their release. We’ll probably get the sylvaneth and skaven tomes, and maybe the two black library characters, but that’s it. What I’m curious about is when does the daemon prince drop? I ask because I believe the new model will be an excellent gauge on when GW will release the AOS chaos releases (such as the Slaves to Darkness tome).