The Rumour Thread

I think someone in this thread predicted destruction  herald = grot with pet. And this guy has three (the Mushroom for brains clearly counts as pet). Congrats.

That is the first herald not from a GHB 2017 allegiance, so thoughts that he might be followed by some friends might be somewhat realistic. I think a Moonclan release would be very nice for AoS in general, Night Goblins where always very popular and might draw attention from gamers left cold by most releases for AoS so far. Propably quite some way of though, I would not expect them before Q3.

Edit: Forgot about the wrapped surprised. I would be shocked if it was no GUO. Warhammer 40k 8th edition has some recent artwork featuring GUOs to go along with the Deathguard and those have longer legs than all GUO released so far and would fit the silhouette of the wrapping. Plus Codex Daemons 40k is very likely the first army update of 2018, focusing on Nurgle most likely.

Edited by Rogue Explorator
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I think someone in this thread predicted destruction  herald = grot with pet. And this guy has three (the Mushroom for brains clearly counts as pet). Congrats.

That is the first herald not from a GHB 2017 allegiance, so thoughts that he might be followed by some friends might be somewhat realistic. I think a Moonclan release would be very nice for AoS in general, Night Goblins where always very popular and might draw attention from gamers left cold by most releases for AoS so far. Propably quite some way of though, I would not expect them before Q3.

Edit: Forgot about the wrapped surprised. I would be shocked if it was no GUO. Warhammer 40k 8th edition has some recent artwork featuring GUOs to go along with the Deathguard and those have longer legs than all GUO released so far and would fit the silhouette of the wrapping. Plus Codex Daemons 40k is very likely the first army update of 2018, focusing on Nurgle most likely.

I could see it being a GUO as sort of a "giant nurgling".

Thats a guo, or my hat Ill eat. Thought dwarf at first, then i thought nurgling, but the sword and horns scream guo...he may be enough, along with beast to be released to get me going enouh to make a  smallish Daemon Horde. Dont think Ive been this excited to wake up to xmas day since I was a kid...or the year we got a Turducken, that was pretty lit too. 

4 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Thats a guo, or my hat Ill eat. Thought dwarf at first, then i thought nurgling, but the sword and horns scream guo...he may be enough, along with beast to be released to get me going enouh to make a  smallish Daemon Horde. Dont think Ive been this excited to wake up to xmas day since I was a kid...or the year we got a Turducken, that was pretty lit too. 

Yeah, I like the Dwarf idea because it's short and stocky, but those horns don't really say Dwarf, even for the older viking looking Dwarfs they're too big by proportion. Looking back at that model all day, I do keep think that it looks like a Nurgling. I know the Daemons 40k codex is the first in January, so it's pretty soon and right now would be the time to unveil the new GUO to have a bit of tease for a week or so before it goes up for preorder to be released along side the codex. Dwarf or GUO one I win either way. I've got plenty of Dwarfs and would grab another but my 40k army is Deathguard with a growing Daemon portion that will eventually cross over to AoS. I got my Kharadron Overlords and Nighthaunt this year(with Order and Death allies for each) and it looks like next year will be Nurgle and Moonclan armies for me so I'll have one for each GA. Good year coming up.

I could see a Devoted of Sigmar herald for Order. Could give us a nice new Warrior Priest or Witch Hunter character. If not that, probably some kind of High Aelf equivalent. Most of the Heralds so far are for break-out armies that haven't gotten a big release. Slave to Darkness, Nighthaunt, and Moonclan are pretty frequently being seen as allies for the big lists these days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Yeah, I like the Dwarf idea because it's short and stocky, but those horns don't really say Dwarf, even for the older viking looking Dwarfs they're too big by proportion. Looking back at that model all day, I do keep think that it looks like a Nurgling. I know the Daemons 40k codex is the first in January, so it's pretty soon and right now would be the time to unveil the new GUO to have a bit of tease for a week or so before it goes up for preorder to be released along side the codex. Dwarf or GUO one I win either way. I've got plenty of Dwarfs and would grab another but my 40k army is Deathguard with a growing Daemon portion that will eventually cross over to AoS. I got my Kharadron Overlords and Nighthaunt this year(with Order and Death allies for each) and it looks like next year will be Nurgle and Moonclan armies for me so I'll have one for each GA. Good year coming up.

The profile is in line with dwarf models. It has the cloak and the armored chainmail down to his legs. And if it's a dwarf warlord, then super fancy horns would not be out of place. Some of the dwarf lord models had some wild antlers and such

I don't really think it is a Great Unclean One and for one reason...

We can already see a part of the model sticking out; the Horn. It looks to me that the Horn isn't detailed very well, meaning that the model itself isn't very big. 

I also don't think it is the new Beast of Nurgle, because we have seen it already and the lack of tendrils and tentacles on this teaser cross him out.

I think it is Nurgle Related, but I'm thinking less daemon, and more mortal. Has anyone thought Pestigor?

That or Nurgle Dwarf (I honestly really would like a Nurgle Dwarf).

We shall soon see I guess.

Realizing we’re Probably looking at it from the back, I think it is more Likely to be a dwarf. Ont je left we see an arm resting on a sword and it seems to have a cape waving to te right. It doesn’t seem to be fat enough to be a GUO. I think any GUO should be dragging his fat belly on the ground, not standing on a rock with one leg