The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

I‘m not completely sure if they didn’t leak the hype themselves (and then published the Warcom Article).

Had it just been the initial image and maybe the Demon Prince warscroll... but there is a lot of stuff they probably would not have let leak in that. But now it is like:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Had it just been the initial image and maybe the Demon Prince warscroll... but there is a lot of stuff they probably would not have let leak in that. But now it is like:

The thing is we haven't seen anywhere near everything. If it were just some random leaker then why don't we see the full army book like the nighthaunt one? If someone has the book at home (and they've already proven willing to show off a few new warscrolls), why haven't we seen the legionnaires? Or the changes to Chaos Warriors? Or the new allegiance abilities? All stuff your average StD fan is chomping at the bit to see. I get it's way way far in advance, but the extremely limited scope on the StD leak, and the fact that it's coming out of the official army book and not some playtester sheet, makes me think at least this one is intentional by GW. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

The thing is we haven't seen anywhere near everything. If it were just some random leaker then why don't we see the full army book like the nighthaunt one? If someone has the book at home (and they've already proven willing to show off a few new warscrolls), why haven't we seen the legionnaires? Or the changes to Chaos Warriors? Or the new allegiance abilities? All stuff your average StD fan is chomping at the bit to see. I get it's way way far in advance, but the extremely limited scope on the StD leak, and the fact that it's coming out of the official army book and not some playtester sheet, makes me think at least this one is intentional by GW. 

Or it was a play tester or employee who showed someone they thought they could trust and the person who leaked it betrayed that trust. 

Maybe reason they haven't leaked more is to stop the original person getting into trouble or into more trouble as it probably wouldn't be to hard for GW to track where the leak is coming from. 

13 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Or it was a play tester or employee who showed someone they thought they could trust and the person who leaked it betrayed that trust. 

Maybe reason they haven't leaked more is to stop the original person getting into trouble or into more trouble as it probably wouldn't be to hard for GW to track where the leak is coming from. 

For a playtester, why in the world would GW ship a fully finished book to a playtester 6 months before it releases? It just doesn't make any sense. I could sort of see the employee angle, but think about it. You have a completely honest employee who has a book 6 months in advance. For some reason. Then they give it to their buddy and they're like... "Here take a look at this book that's coming out later this year. Also, I'm going to go to the bathroom for just enough time for you to take pictures of new warscrolls with varying levels of quality from super high res to total potato. Please don't take any pictures." It's not impossible but it just seems so improbable to me. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

For a playtester, why in the world would GW ship a fully finished book to a playtester 6 months before it releases? It just doesn't make any sense. I could sort of see the employee angle, but think about it. You have a completely honest employee who has a book 6 months in advance. For some reason. Then they give it to their buddy and they're like... "Here take a look at this book that's coming out later this year. Also, I'm going to go to the bathroom for just enough time for you to take pictures of new warscrolls with varying levels of quality from super high res to total potato. Please don't take any pictures." It's not impossible but it just seems so improbable to me. 

I get that and the thing is, we'll never know what actually happened. 

I just don't buy GW leaking potato cam pics to then show proper pics and articles. Why bother with the potato cam pics in the first place? 

Regardless of what happened I hope no one lost their job over it as its not worth losing your livelihood to get anonymous geek fame for a few minutes. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

It's already weird that they have the finished book around 6 months in advance (even handed out to people). In my mind they work with somewhat of a "just in time" strategy where they don't have to sit on storage costs for half a year before being able to sell a product. (perhaps that changed due to Covid, so produce more in advance). Perhaps the chaos release was scheduled months ago but didn't happen due to covid.

I wonder why people leak those images. Is it out of spite of GW's release and price strategy? (I'd totally get that)? Or is it a more superficial reason?

However I am sad that not all the chaos rules were leaked. I'd really like to test those rules (since I dislike the current tome so much).

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Mutton said:

No battletomes next week, which is kind of annoying. Why bother previewing rules just to get us excited for nothing?

It'd be cool if someone could leak that DoK battletome now.

I think we reached our leak quota for the week, let's keep some things for Tuesday.

• Like 2

certainly amazing that the first battletome of 2023 got leaked before nighthaunt
always weird to see inexplicably blurry pictures of a book you've got in hand, though, in this case it could make sense if you are being cautious of watermarks in a test copy

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

It's already weird that they have the finished book around 6 months in advance (even handed out to people). In my mind they work with somewhat of a "just in time" strategy where they don't have to sit on storage costs for half a year before being able to sell a product. (perhaps that changed due to Covid, so produce more in advance). Perhaps the chaos release was scheduled months ago but didn't happen due to covid.

I wonder why people leak those images. Is it out of spite of GW's release and price strategy? (I'd totally get that)? Or is it a more superficial reason?

However I am sad that not all the chaos rules were leaked. I'd really like to test those rules (since I dislike the current tome so much).

I think that we will see a collectors box prior to the release of the army... kind of like the Black Templar or Chaos Knight boxes in 40k.

• Like 5

I wonder what minis will be revealed tomorrow? With the Previews this week we may get a first look at a Warcry Warband mini.

And considering that the Horns of Hashut are an actual unit for STD it appears we are back to having no idea whats to come for Warcry. Id personally love for there to be 2 Non-Chaos Warbands as a starter box. 

• Like 1

New theory:

along with the Horns of Hashut being a warcry warband, the Chaos Legionaries will also be a warcry warband. 

Source: 

In the leaked StD book, the legionaries are not paired with the marauders or chaos warriors in the unit section of the book; they’re placed in the “warcry” area with the other warcry units, including being directly above the Horns of Hashut warband.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I wonder what minis will be revealed tomorrow? With the Previews this week we may get a first look at a Warcry Warband mini.

And considering that the Horns of Hashut are an actual unit for STD it appears we are back to having no idea whats to come for Warcry. Id personally love for there to be 2 Non-Chaos Warbands as a starter box. 

The Horns of Hashut could still be coming for Warcry. The StD book is out after whatever we’ll see for Warcry so makes sense for them to be in the book like the rest of the warbands. I don’t think their warscroll was too dissimilar from other Warcry bands in AoS?

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AngryPanda said:

New theory:

along with the Horns of Hashut being a warcry warband, the Chaos Legionaries will also be a warcry warband. 

Source: 

In the leaked StD book, the legionaries are not paired with the marauders or chaos warriors in the unit section of the book; they’re placed in the “warcry” area with the other warcry units, including being directly above the Horns of Hashut warband.

I am inclined to agree with this.

I am personally expecting the new warcry box to feature Horns of Hashut, Legionaries and the Marshall... in which case I might get them all because I am terribly weak willed.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, RandyRyan said:

@Loyal Son of Khemri or someone, could you please PM a brother these photos! Seeing all the comments but not the minis is killing my chaotic heart

Check out the Age of Sigmar Reddit; all the leaks are there from the past two days, including the fully leaked Nighthaunt battletome. 

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed on Hashut followers in the upcoming Warcry reveal.

Honestly expecting it and the future Slaves to Darkness releases to be all part of the ongoing civil war between Archaon and Belakor on who should lead.

Belakor: “Haha, my Legionaries warriors & spies beat your Hashuts guarding the Catacomb mines and stole even more Varanite!”

Archaon: “Well haha back! My new Chosen got enough mining upgrades and looted Stormcast bits to be as beefy as their new Annihilators! What do you got to match that muscle?”

Belakor: “Well haha HA, I got my own Varanguard right-hand man now I gifted Stormcast immortality to making him closer to the real deal than your rip-offs!”

Archaon: “Well I got Ogroids and Centauroids that make your daemons and daemon prince look like weaklings!”

Belakor: “Well at least Daniel jr. has a prettier face than yours.”

Archaon: “That’s it!”

And lo a Slaanesh chain breaks from the god-tier D*** measuring contest.

Also yeah, those NightHaunt leaks are soooo good. I was hoping for a Hallost sub-faction for the heroic ghosts that are helping Dawners but Elixia getting focus since 2015’s “Quest for Ghal Maraz” campaign is aces! 😍

Really wanting the boat ghost now and dreadblades. 

I’ve been experimenting on NightHaunt colors with my Stormground game and I wanna try this scheme with them:

IMG_0180.jpg

Lastly:

@KingBrodd

I remember how much you loved Mustori and just came across these awesome plushies.

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Agreed on Hashut followers in the upcoming Warcry reveal.

Honestly expecting it and the future Slaves to Darkness releases to be all part of the ongoing civil war between Archaon and Belakor on who should lead.

Belakor: “Haha, my Legionaries warriors & spies beat your Hashuts guarding the Catacomb mines and stole even more Varanite!”

Archaon: “Well haha back! My new Chosen got enough mining upgrades and looted Stormcast bits to be as beefy as their new Annihilators! What do you got to match that muscle?”

Belakor: “Well haha HA, I got my own Varanguard right-hand man now I gifted Stormcast immortality to making him closer to the real deal than your rip-offs!”

Archaon: “Well I got Ogroids and Centauroids that make your daemons and daemon prince look like weaklings!”

Belakor: “Well at least Daniel jr. has a prettier face than yours.”

Archaon: “That’s it!”

And lo a Slaanesh chain breaks from the god-tier D*** measuring contest.

Also yeah, those NightHaunt leaks are soooo good. I was hoping for a Hallost sub-faction for the heroic ghosts that are helping Dawners but Elixia getting focus since 2015’s “Quest for Ghal Maraz” campaign is aces! 😍

Really wanting the boat ghost now and dreadblades. 

I’ve been experimenting on NightHaunt colors with my Stormground game and I wanna try this scheme with them:

IMG_0180.jpg

Lastly:

@KingBrodd

I remember how much you loved Mustori and just came across these awesome plushies.

Honestly this whole Be'lakor vs *Insert Warmaster/Everchosen here* just makes sense. Chaos is supposed to be chaotic, and what's more chaotic than a civil war? I really hope they keep pushing this narrative throughout the Age of the Beast and beyond.

I’m sure they will until they need Chaos in ascendency.

Kinda a running theme the other Grand Alliances get in civil wars while the main focus one is United and pushes.

2015-2017: Order is mostly united with Chaos fighting eachother after Khorne went berserk and destroyed their momentum at the climax at the Age of Chaos which leads to the Age of Hope.

2018-2021: Death is fully united(well Flesh Eaters for the most part) under Nagash and makes the Necroquake and Time of Tribulations where Death pours over the Realms and invades the Eight-Points where the Ossiarchs make strong footholds as Order takes on more races and tries to consolidate the bickering(Stormcasts reforging was having after effects and making some leaders ruthless golems, Deepkin having to make amends but also raiding khainites and villages while Kharadron advanced many cities but also up’s their sky-pirate and swindling antics like capturing nobles for ransom)

2021-2022 Era of the Beast: Nagash is heavily injured and his Nadir is closed shutting off the endless undead reinforcements while Soulblight Grave-empires take the opportunity to advance themselves and grow further by taking in Deathrattle kingdoms that want protection from the Ossiarch bone tithes leaving many of the undead empires separated, autonomous or fighting eachother while Destruction is fully united under Kragnos and begin rocking the Realms with scattered tribes now unveiling themselves everywhere and even rampage through the Eight-points.

Kragnos especially is a nice touch because in the Orruks tome it states that the Kruleboyz drummers(like those on the Sloggoth) begin to sync up with the earthquake God’s heartbeats and later we get confirmation by Soulbound that even the Ironjawz are beating to his rhythm.

Fizzing with green energy, Warchanters pound the rhythm with whatever they have on hand, whether it be their fists, their Gorkstikks and Morkstikks, or even their skulls. They are not true Weirdnobs, but their music has an electrifying effect on their mates, drawing them together and stoking their battle fury. As Kragnos’s hooves pound against the earth, many Warchanters have begun drumming in time with the Earthquake God,”

https://cubicle7games.com/aos-champions-of-destruction-ironjawz/

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1