The Rumour Thread

40 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I wonder if it werent for these leaks would we have even been given the roadmap for 2022 this week? Was that coming anyway or was GW like 'Damn we need to get in front of this so nobody freaks out next week'.

If so Im glad there were these leaks as it encouraged GW to pull their finger out and post an update that makes everyone* excited about the chances of their Faction coming this year.

*Sorry Death players.

Speaking as a Death player, there’s no big need to apologize (my pile of shame is high enough as is). I would like to think that GW would’ve given us the roadmap on Tuesday…. But I also believe that Kentaro Miura left behind enough notes for his team to finish Berserk. All that I’m saying is that we need to have faith, and sometimes that faith is rewarded.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Speaking as a Death player, there’s no big need to apologize (my pile of shame is high enough as is). I would like to think that GW would’ve given us the roadmap on Tuesday…. But I also believe that Kentaro Miura left behind enough notes for his team to finish Berserk. All that I’m saying is that we need to have faith, and sometimes that faith is rewarded.

Of course oh wise Loyal Son. I have faith in GW and feel for the Community team and others who were probably hyped to show this off at an event in September or October. 

I guess we'll never know if the Road Map was coming anyway but I really hope it becomes a staple to give us one every 3-4 months.

Once the Autumn Tomes are all out Id love a new Road Map detailing the rest of Winter and then Spring.

8 hours ago, Garrac said:

Towards reddit there has been circulating this image of the Rippa Snarlfangs... being repackaged? And someone suspects this is a hint for new gitz

(I don't understand where's the big deal here)

We Gitz bottle and sell copium, we take what we can get. Mushroom-fueled desperation.

It is really weird that there's leaked new instructions when Rippa and friends are getting discontinued. Maybe some of the older underworlds warbands are going to be popping up in other products, like those magazines that come with sprues or a Barnes&Noble specific game.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

Back to poopooing on the Daemon prince, *one* ogroid from the new unit does more melee damage than any of the DP's weapons :S. It's GOT to be a typo, right?!

I really hope so! The other warscrolls look good, just a shame that the immortal champion of the gods is a downgrade in some cases... Really wonder what the design philosophy was for that warscroll. 

I understand why GW would never do it, but I'd really appreciate it if they went over the complaints and worries people had over certain battletomes and warscrolls, and explaining why they made their decisions. There's a good chance it would just start people complaining about their reasoning, but I'd find it really interesting. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I really hope so! The other warscrolls look good, just a shame that the immortal champion of the gods is a downgrade in some cases... Really wonder what the design philosophy was for that warscroll. 

I understand why GW would never do it, but I'd really appreciate it if they went over the complaints and worries people had over certain battletomes and warscrolls, and explaining why they made their decisions. There's a good chance it would just start people complaining about their reasoning, but I'd find it really interesting. 

I’m a big fan of transparency. A bit of “this was the intent” can go a long way in explaining why things are a certain way.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

Back to poopooing on the Daemon prince, *one* ogroid from the new unit does more melee damage than any of the DP's weapons :S. It's GOT to be a typo, right?!

I feel like the 'or' before Malefic talons just has to be a typo. Can a demon prince not use it's weapon and claws in a fight?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

First piece for DoK: Draichi Ganeth can take a unit of reinforced or double reinforced Witch Aelves without it counting against the reinforcement limit.

Slightly disappointing for a subfaction trait if true, Draichi Ganeth were always that sub-optimal choice that I had a soft spot for, and in the previous books gave a pretty fun bonus to charging units.

However, GW showing they're willing to play with reinforcement limits in books is good news for those armies which really struggle in list building due to said limits, even if DoK isn't generally considered one of those!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Slightly disappointing for a subfaction trait if true, Draichi Ganeth were always that sub-optimal choice that I had a soft spot for, and in the previous books gave a pretty fun bonus to charging units.

However, GW showing they're willing to play with reinforcement limits in books is good news for those armies which really struggle in list building due to said limits, even if DoK isn't generally considered one of those!

It was in the pitched battle profiles page (the points page), similar to subfaction-specific battleline units. So I assume they get a actual trait too.

• Like 1

A lot of people are mentioning the disappointment in the new Daemon Prince; whereas I’m still bitter about the HoS book (and I have little faith the May update is going to substantially fix anything), I could see the Daemon Prince playing a balanced utility role instead of a point-and-click beatstick. 

The trophy rack option gives all friendly units within range immunity to battleshock. This is huge when considering it’s not limited by keywords, and that battleshock immunity was nerfed when this edition initially was released. This means that allied units will benefit from the immunity, regardless of they are Daemons, mortals, skaven, etc. 

For example, you can run the Daemon Prince behind a the new unit of 6-9 Ogroids (who only have bravery 6), and give them all immunity to battleshock; the Daemon Prince can also contribute because of his two inch reach weapon. Or, you can run him behind a big unit of the new Chaos Legionaries or marauders, and give the blob battleshock immunity while attacking from behind their ranks. 

Alternatively, you can give him wings and fly 12” towards the enemy back line, or into engagements of your choosing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

A lot of people are mentioning the disappointment in the new Daemon Prince; whereas I’m still bitter about the HoS book (and I have little faith the May update is going to substantially fix anything), I could see the Daemon Prince playing a balanced utility role instead of a point-and-click beatstick. 

The trophy rack option gives all friendly units within range immunity to battleshock. This is huge when considering it’s not limited by keywords, and that battleshock immunity was nerfed when this edition initially was released. This means that allied units will benefit from the immunity, regardless of they are Daemons, mortals, skaven, etc. 

For example, you can run the Daemon Prince behind a the new unit of 6-9 Ogroids (who only have bravery 6), and give them all immunity to battleshock; the Daemon Prince can also contribute because of his two inch reach weapon. Or, you can run him behind a big unit of the new Chaos Legionaries or marauders, and give the blob battleshock immunity while attacking from behind their ranks. 

Alternatively, you can give him wings and fly 12” towards the enemy back line, or into engagements of your choosing. 

Have the legionaries been spoiled?

50 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

Have the legionaries been spoiled?

Not yet, but from the rumor mill people are saying they’re somewhere between a chaos warrior and marauder.

Also, from the leaked photos it can be seen they have the option to either have a hand weapon and shield, or a two handed weapon (likely will give higher reach and potentially better rend/damage). 

Edited by AngryPanda

13 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

Not knocking anyones opinion but I LOVE those new Ogroids. They seem to have a few subtle nods to the old Chaos Ogres which is cool - I think they look awesome!

I can't wait to see them with head swaps aswell. An Ogroid army will be amazing to see but I'd love to see these new sculpts with say Bullgor heads or even Gor Grunta heads or something, plenty of chaotic beasties I reckon. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

These Ogroids give me high hopes for similar named beasts, Ogors!! Imagine foot slogging Ogors troops for Beastclaw Raiders with long polearms and spears for taking down, breaking and eating/taming monsters!!

I have been spending the day painting my ogors and this comment made me so happy. 

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1