The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The good thing about Death not being present is that it gives a greater chance for FEC or Ossiarchs to have a much larger range refresh!!

Its just such a massive relief to know that 2022 isnt going to be dry the entire year.

2 Destruction Tomes and a S2D update is amazing.

As usual your Swoleness, you're right. Imagine what they could do with FEC if they expanded on the undead beasts and court intrigue side of things... As for Ossiarchs, I really want to see some named characters outside of Katakros' bois. Perhaps the "Queen of Tusks" rampaging through Ghur? after all we are in the Age of the Beast... 

Either way I hope one of them gets either a Sphinx or a War-Elephant creature, and some decent shooting.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Well that's all a bit of surprise! All the tomes make the rest of the year look interesting! The Slaves book cover definitely looks like an army box set Book- they always have alternative covers like that. Chaos is looking good and so far off too! The demon prince I  think will have lots of options - including heads so I reckon it will look awesome when fully revealed. Not my thing but great to see so much coming!

It makes sense that the rules team would have zoomed ahead a bit with all the bottlenecks with production and distribution, in a world without a pandemic we would probably already have all these tomes in hand :(

As loudly debated elsewhere, this does show how out of touch the rules meta can be, they have 6-8 books done and dusted down the line and are working on the 2023 books, especially with how release orders shake out differently to intended. 

Just glad Skaven are still probably coming soooon :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, novakai said:

the STD book is coming  in winter which is most likely next year like around January at earliest given that it doesn’t start until 21st of December 

so there probably room for one or two full release in Fall and that could be why they have 4 tomes in Autumn 

27 minutes ago, novakai said:

If those two destruction tomes are nothing I called that the opposite of amazing 

As you said above I would say that at least 1 Destruction Tome would have a chance of sizeable release and of the 3 remaining Destruction Factions, Ogor Mawtribes would be the most likely candidate.

23 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

As usual your Swoleness, you're right. Imagine what they could do with FEC if they expanded on the undead beasts and court intrigue side of things... As for Ossiarchs, I really want to see some named characters outside of Katakros' bois. Perhaps the "Queen of Tusks" rampaging through Ghur? after all we are in the Age of the Beast... 

Either way I hope one of them gets either a Sphinx or a War-Elephant creature, and some decent shooting.

Queen of Tusks oh damn mate that would be amazing!! Im really looking forward to FEC as they are Deaths 'Beast' Faction!!

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

As you said above I would say that at least 1 Destruction Tome would have a chance of sizeable release and of the 3 remaining Destruction Factions, Ogor Mawtribes would be the most likely candidate.

Queen of Tusks oh damn mate that would be amazing!! Im really looking forward to FEC as they are Deaths 'Beast' Faction!!

Right? FEC can become really crazy if GW puts a bit of work into them. I too believe that the Mawtribes are the next faction to be updated (here's hoping firebellies and butchers are getting turned into plastic).

5 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Has it been confirmed if the Horns of Hashut are actual Chorf chads? 

Just had a thought, what if they're Bull-Centaurs, or smaller ones like Centigors? Literal Horns of Hashut. 

You typed this like this was a bad thing.

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Right? FEC can become really crazy if GW puts a bit of work into them. I too believe that the Mawtribes are the next faction to be updated (here's hoping firebellies and butchers are getting turned into plastic).

You typed this like this was a bad thing.

Mawtribes just make so much sense to be updated!!

45 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Just had a thought, what if they're Bull-Centaurs, or smaller ones like Centigors? Literal Horns of Hashut. 

Id wager itll be a mix of both!! Maybe 2 units for STD and the other a Warcry Warband?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

Kind of crazy to get such a big leak for something with a winter release.

Like we know they print stuff well in advance but that's a full 8 months in advance.

I wonder if the speculated Army Box will release ahead of the actual Winter BT release? They're usually at least a month before, sometimes a few more (Sisters), thus why the leaker has it so early.

• Like 1

Stupid little side note: the leaked rules showcase that Undivided Demon Princes are back!

This is great for my army!

But it also poses a really interesting narrative question...
it was implied in the last S2D Tome that Be'Lakor was the only Undivided Demon Prince in AOS. This was even reflected in the rules  making you declare a mark for a Hero that achieved Apotheosis. So I am curious if this will be a simple retcon of a retcon and undivided princes will have simply always existed? Or if Undivided Demon Princes are granted their powers by a different source like Be'Lakor, Archaon or the mighty SLAMBO?  

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I could totally see a STD army box like the Lumineth one, but with the Centaurion Marshal as like a Bull-Centaur leader, with Legionnaires being Chorf warriors and Horns being a Bull-Centaur unit. Or maybe the Ogroids end up tying in here instead?

Whatever they are, the Centaurion and the Legionnaires must be linked considering the names of the two.

18 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Stupid little side note: the leaked rules showcase that Undivided Demon Princes are back!

This is great for my army!

But it also poses a really interesting narrative question...
it was implied in the last S2D Tome that Be'Lakor was the only Undivided Demon Prince in AOS. This was even reflected in the rules  making you declare a mark for a Hero that achieved Apotheosis. So I am curious if this will be a simple retcon of a retcon and undivided princes will have simply always existed? Or if Undivided Demon Princes are granted their powers by a different source like Be'Lakor, Archaon or the mighty SLAMBO?  

In old lore of whfb and 40k undivided princes were a thing,iirc they impressed the divine powers enough to get elevated while not choosing a patron...then they retconned that and now seems we have come back full circle finally.
IIRC was mostly pushed by some BL authors  (A.D.B irc?) that evolved chaos in these years(in HH series for example).
And tbh i prefer like that...Chaos does'nt need such *orderly* rules.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

My head was getting a bit hot, so I temporarily removed my tinfoil hat to cool off. Started getting weird thoughts about a deliberate GW leak to light up the internet and get us all hyped and focused ahead of the Fest....

Tinfoil hat back on and normal service resumed.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

In old lore of whfb and 40k undivided princes were a thing,iirc they impressed the divine powers enough to get elevated while not choosing a patron...then they retconned that and now seems we have come back full circle finally.
IIRC was mostly pushed by some BL authors  (A.D.B irc?) that evolved chaos in these years(in HH series for example).
And tbh i prefer like that...Chaos does'nt need such *orderly* rules.

Oh I remember the old days of undivided Demon Princes. I have always preferred the undivided side of Chaos. I am just curious how it will be approached narratively in terms of how they had established Be'Lakor previously. 

Plus we  have this new Named character Eternus blade of the first prince... I just think that there seems to be something going on regarding the Undivided Demon Princes and I am excited to learn more. Even if it is simply that they have gone back to the older style of lore.

13 minutes ago, EntMan said:

My head was getting a bit hot, so I temporarily removed my tinfoil hat to cool off. Started getting weird thoughts about a deliberate GW leak to light up the internet and get us all hyped and focused ahead of the Fest....

Tinfoil hat back on and normal service resumed.

I had the same wonder, honestly. It’s very conveniently times after a lot of anger from the underworlds week.

Something is bothering me about the 2 destruction tomes. I think 1 has to be ogres they just really need some new models and they have a home in ghur lore. The thing thats bothering me is the second tome. I just feel like it isnt gitz or sob. Sob just had an update and there have been no mention of any gitz activity in ghur so far i think (could be wrong). I still think gitmob would fit the ghur theme. I would be sad if they just drop a gitz tome just to update them into AoS 3. I know they really need the updated tome but something feels off. The massive leaks also dont make me feel like its the time for a new faction. Something just feels off.

31 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I don’t think I’m as hyped as you but I’m excited. I’ve been hoping for something new for AOS, so hopefully this roadmap delivers!

Hopefully so mate!! If anything this coming after Seasons of War is the nail in the coffin for that rumour of a dry 2022 for AOS. Even if most of those Tomes are 1 model releases, theyre still releases.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Something is bothering me about the 2 destruction tomes. I think 1 has to be ogres they just really need some new models and they have a home in ghur lore. The thing thats bothering me is the second tome. I just feel like it isnt gitz or sob. Sob just had an update and there have been no mention of any gitz activity in ghur so far i think (could be wrong). I still think gitmob would fit the ghur theme. I would be sad if they just drop a gitz tome just to update them into AoS 3. I know they really need the updated tome but something feels off. The massive leaks also dont make me feel like its the time for a new faction. Something just feels off.

Spiderfang does get a good mention in Seasons of War...

• LOVE IT! 1