The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, novakai said:

It an unpopular opinion but I don’t think just a book release count as due love

Ogors might need a model update, but except for maybe a new spider rider kit Gitz is only in a desperate need of a new tome (as seen for example in Vince Venturellas last show). So as long as that tome gets some love I feel very happy as a Gitz-player.

• Like 7

The leaks are very exciting, I quite like what I've seen so far- and it looks like Beasts of Chaos won't be souped into Slaves to Darkness for now! (Yes, it seemed unlikely with the recent White Dwarf material, but you never know...)

One thing I'm curious about is if they'll give the daemon prince any bits for an ascended beastman, since lorewise the chaos gods can no longer take them for granted as pawns. Regardless, I hope the kit has a good amount of options, especially with how popular Total War Warhammer III's customizable daemon prince is.

I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!

We've had months of nothing and talks of a very empty Q3/Q4 for 2022 and now this...

NAYSAYERS BE DAMNED WE ARE BACK AND WE ARE GOING TO DEMOLISH THE REST OF 2022!!

2 Destruction Tomes is insaaaaaane!! I honestly havent been this excited for Warhammer since the Sons release!! 

Chaos Leaks and announcements and Battletome Road Maps on the eve of a 3 Day weekend has me air guitaring the **** outta myself!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Keep that in mind when the general's handbook comes out in summer and we are all scratching our heads at the point changes again.

Piggybacking off your comment, I do think it's really interesting to see just how far a book can be written in advance. Not only did we see the rules, but also this book has been printed in what looks to be its final copy (judging by the quality).

While this is interesting in some ways, I do worry that it makes the game very slow to adjust. It's one of the worst parts of print rules that things are set in stone up to a year in advance and come into play without much ability to change. I know they won't go full digital for a long time, but the game would have a lot of room to make improvements if they did use digital rules more. 

The big thing is that new books can't be written with current criticism in mind. So if by winter everyone complains about unkillable troops, and it turns out that's what new S2D are really good at, then they can't edit it and they add more problems to the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Um, just wondered...

What if one of those destruction bts is a totally new faction? I mean, destruction eeally needs more factions to play with

As cool as it would be to see a new army, I don't think they'll be able to get out 4 tomes in one quarter if one is a completely new release. Especially with the big StD overhaul coming directly after. I'm surprised we're getting this much to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Vastus said:

As cool as it would be to see a new army, I don't think they'll be able to get out 4 tomes in one quarter if one is a completely new release. Especially with the big StD overhaul coming directly after. I'm surprised we're getting this much to be honest.

Considering the whole "Still recovering from delays\pandemic problems\bBexit and such" maybe they got the release order cramped....2 tomes probably will have only the hero(and MAYBE a unit).
40k iirc got some releases back to back.

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!

We've had months of nothing and talks of a very empty Q3/Q4 for 2022 and now this...

NAYSAYERS BE DAMNED WE ARE BACK AND WE ARE GOING TO DEMOLISH THE REST OF 2022!!

2 Destruction Tomes is insaaaaaane!! I honestly havent been this excited for Warhammer since the Sons release!! 

Chaos Leaks and announcements and Battletome Road Maps on the eve of a 3 Day weekend has me air guitaring the **** outta myself!!

I think we can all agree that the hype train is real this coming week.

New Daemon Prince model (thank god for conversion/kit-bashing, we're gonna need a facelift), new Chosen, a new Lord on Daemonic steed, a new named character (one sworn to Be'lakor of all beings), and most importantly...... CHAOS DWARFS IN PLASTIC!!!! 

I think we can all agree that this news, combined with the love chaos is getting in 40k, and the roadmap which includes two tomes for Chaos and Destruction paints a wonderful picture for the future. My sole complaint is that death gets nothing outside of Nighthaunts, which is fair considering the love it got during 2nd edition.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I think we can all agree that the hype train is real this coming week.

New Daemon Prince model (thank god for conversion/kit-bashing, we're gonna need a facelift), new Chosen, a new Lord on Daemonic steed, a new named character (one sworn to Be'lakor of all beings), and most importantly...... CHAOS DWARFS IN PLASTIC!!!! 

I think we can all agree that this news, combined with the love chaos is getting in 40k, and the roadmap which includes two tomes for Chaos and Destruction paints a wonderful picture for the future. My sole complaint is that death gets nothing outside of Nighthaunts, which is fair considering the love it got during 2nd edition.

The good thing about Death not being present is that it gives a greater chance for FEC or Ossiarchs to have a much larger range refresh!!

Its just such a massive relief to know that 2022 isnt going to be dry the entire year.

2 Destruction Tomes and a S2D update is amazing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The good thing about Death not being present is that it gives a greater chance for FEC or Ossiarchs to have a much larger range refresh!!

Oh gods I'd love both FEX and Ossairchs to get meaty updates. If both got second waves it would do wonders for both armies! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Lmao another order battletome this year.

Guess which order factions haven’t had WD updates or a 3.0 tome:

Sylvaneth

and

Lumineth 

🤣

Cannot wait to feed on the salty tears of lrl wave 4

I don't think this guarantees Lumineth, they could still come in a WD by summer... my narrative-based guess is Seraphon since they are our Beasts of Order. Though I don't think there's been any rumor engines that look close to them, so I hope I'm wrong because they need new models.

17 minutes ago, Vastus said:

the STD book is coming  in winter which is most likely next year like around January at earliest given that it doesn’t start until 21st of December 

so there probably room for one or two full release in Fall and that could be why they have 4 tomes in Autumn 

Edited by novakai
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Considering the whole "Still recovering from delays\pandemic problems\bBexit and such" maybe they got the release order cramped....2 tomes probably will have only the hero(and MAYBE a unit).
40k iirc got some releases back to back.

I think this is it. 2-3 of the Autumn tomes likely are just tome and hero (or worse just tome) with one having a few units updated. And honestly depending on choices I'm probably okay with that. This does feel like it'll be a good year overall though

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If a hypothetical Cities update was human focussed as many believe, they could in theory just update the worst Freeguild kits and call it a day. In my opinion, that would only be the Guard and Handgunner/Crossbow kit. Then they could put out a new steam vehicle or a hero and call it a day. That would be an update the size of Nighthaunt, so maybe there's a chance.

I am really hoping Cities doesn't end up as the human-only faction, it would be good to see one Order faction be an alliance of the regular aelves, humans, and duardin (and anyone else!) that defend the Free Cities alongside the God-factions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Its just such a massive relief to know that 2022 isnt going to be dry the entire year.

2 Destruction Tomes and a S2D update is amazing.

If those two destruction tomes are nothing I called that the opposite of amazing