The Rumour Thread

49 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Fairly sure you're right, we had Season of War the year before (started July, but there was build up to it).  I've a feeling this one will have a heavier narrative element in the same way the Albion campaign had.  I just hope they make it easier submit results than they did with 40k.

But doesn't GW always ever did their world campaign in summer / holiday times ? Malign Portents start in 20 days (even if it can lead to something like this this summer)

16 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

But doesn't GW always ever did their world campaign in summer / holiday times ? Malign Portents start in 20 days (even if it can lead to something like this this summer)

Well the site doesn't promise to tell the whole story. So it might be January 3d, announcing basic set up new chapter in the narrative, februari faction/fluff release around death herald, keep that rhythm with the other 3 heralds and you have a nice build up to summer campaign start/announcement early June. 

Do not necessarily think this will happen but just an example to show that the site doesn't negate an summer campaign as part of the new storyline chapter. Their are pretty much limitless options for a company willing to experiment. 

6 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Well the site doesn't promise to tell the whole story. So it might be January 3d, announcing basic set up new chapter in the narrative, februari faction/fluff release around death herald, keep that rhythm with the other 3 heralds and you have a nice build up to summer campaign start/announcement early June. 

Do not necessarily think this will happen but just an example to show that the site doesn't negate an summer campaign as part of the new storyline chapter. Their are pretty much limitless options for a company willing to experiment. 

Oh yes. That'd be awesome. They just have to release TONS of stuff to get us ready early for this summer, then ;)

40 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Could well be the campaign is just a part of the Season.  Looking forward to seeing what comes out either way :)

10 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Oh cr*p, I just made myself the person to blame if it doesn't happen didn't I ;). But we can only hope. 

Well done that man!

• Haha 1

Would be really nice to get a full army release for [insert army here]. GW seems to be moving away from that type of of release in favour of minature releases tied to boardgames/campaigns/skirmish game systems etc. While im fine with smaller, more sporatic miniature releases, it would be nice for the collectors/hobbyists to get a full faction release from time to time that isnt tied to a narrative release.

11 minutes ago, Lavy said:

Would be really nice to get a full army release for [insert army here]. GW seems to be moving away from that type of of release in favour of minature releases tied to boardgames/campaigns/skirmish game systems etc. While im fine with smaller, more sporatic miniature releases, it would be nice for the collectors/hobbyists to get a full faction release from time to time that isnt tied to a narrative release.

Well, we did get the Kharadron Overlords this year, which was a new faction and unrelated to any of the items you mentioned.  Hopefully Aelves and other factions will get similar treatments.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SaJeel said:

Any word about a darkling coven hero being the next one in Malign?

Is this based on anything?

I know that a Darkling Covens ability (I forget which one) says that a hero/general that isn't a magician becomes one, which confused some as both characters are sorceresses.

However, rather than being a hint at a new release, most took it as an oversight from GW.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yes, but it makes sense for them to do it early. 

The 1st quarter is always a low sales time, a campaing helps the stores.  This leaves the summer open for 40K. 

9 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

Is this based on anything?

I know that a Darkling Covens ability (I forget which one) says that a hero/general that isn't a magician becomes one, which confused some as both characters are sorceresses.

However, rather than being a hint at a new release, most took it as an oversight from GW.

Whispers at my flg, wasn't sure if it was based on anything, looking at it tho, we have Nighthaunt and Slaves to Darkness so that does make sense, going by that logic Ironjawz would be the destruction one

28 minutes ago, Praetor of Calth said:

Don't be silly, it's clearly Dreadfleet 2. :D

Nah, but in all seriousness I think you've nailed it. Nurgle vs Death starter box set? (Zombie Pirate/Nurgle Pirate based?)

That would be so very extremely megacallifratilistic awesome! But that is not happening. It would be the first time ever for GW to not include a good vs evil battle in a starterbox. It would also mean a box without stormcast.. so well.. I doubt it.