The Rumour Thread

Most likely we'll see a "proper" White Dwarf model. But these things have lead times of years. It's likely that the change to the magazine happened much faster than they could get someone to sculpt a new model. And it's possible that they aren't interested in making a plastic model anyways, since there's little chance of it selling very well. So repacking the next best model was their best option. Though I feel a repackaged Belegar modeled without the backbanner would have been nicer.

32 minutes ago, Darth Alec said:

I feel a repackaged Belegar modeled without the backbanner would have been nicer.

This is the thing there are a lot of better models to repack with a tweak.

So my gut feeling is this is like the extra retributors everywhere - a nice bonus that no one can be angry at but you know in your bones its business behind it.

They've a stack of this model in comparison to other models they considered.

Makes sense.

For me, this model is one of the best designed dwarf models I've ever seen so I'm not particularly annoyed.

Question is - price? Original is still in stock. Warscroll will be free...

• Like 1

This is the thing there are a lot of better models to repack with a tweak.

So my gut feeling is this is like the extra retributors everywhere - a nice bonus that no one can be angry at but you know in your bones its business behind it.

They've a stack of this model in comparison to other models they considered.

Makes sense.

For me, this model is one of the best designed dwarf models I've ever seen so I'm not particularly annoyed.

Question is - price? Original is still in stock. Warscroll will be free...

£13 same price as unforged.

The thing is, with just a little extra effort, I would have been much more ok with this. Had they put the white dwarf in a little presentation box with a physical silver tower card  and storm of chaos style aos card, I probably would have bought it.

An the fact he comes back to life on a 5+ but only dies on a 1.

You can put him anywhere on the field, within 3" of a unit.  so no charges, no other unit does that.

You can soften something up and just dump this guy next to them.

Didn't notice his save was a 6 tbh so yeah maybe not 350 but more than 200. Otherwise it'll be too cheap as a suicide model, 6 attacks 3+3+ rerolls, you can just turn one kill the enemy general.

You can put him anywhere on the field, within 3" of a unit.  so no charges, no other unit does that.

The Hammerstrike Force does it too. However, as you say it makes him an awesome infiltrator - more reliable than the Verminlord Deceiver and smaller base. On the other hand anyone who has read the Warscroll will just wall off their heroes (which is still useful as it puts them out of position). Might kill an artillery crew or some archers.

Glass cannon? 6 wounds and only dies on a 1. Each time a wound that would kill him is dealt he has a 16.7% chance of death (the same odds of passing his 6+save). A 33.3% chance of recovery. And a 50% of wound negation... you underestimate his survivability because of the low save. Plus his wise council buff is legendary.

Edited by Karlbonner