The Rumour Thread

Just now, novakai said:

Well we not sure if there a preview for LVO this year unlike Adepticon

So we've had LVO previews in the past like Daughters of Khaine's initial reveal and other AoS. It's likely but if they don't announce that they will be doing a specific AoS reveal then I wouldn't hold my breath. 

I'm hoping this lull ends soon but I understand with the current world that it might be a minute before things are back full steam. 

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean if the Deepkin is in February and Fyreslayer is in March it probably make sense along with one more small release afterward. When 40K decided to give a big update to two armies at once I can’t really see a big AoS release until those two armies get their stuff revealed.

Edit: sort of like what happen when Shadowspear was releasing, there where a lot of small releases for AoS until Slaanesh was release in May.

It would make sense to drop one each month. The eldar box was announced to February and I doubt they will delay both codex for much longer. All of this could take a little more than a month of releases alone if they go with 1 week for each codex + 2 weeks of releases for the eldar models + a week for the box.

Another preview they could do in the mean time is a singular model for the next underworlds warband. They did this a couple of times last year.

The Nighthaunt model will probably be revealed at Adepticon, as it appear to be a pretty big model.

I'd be surprised if LVO doesn't have a preview just because there's still a lot of the Eldar stuff to show off - a lot of which has been Potato Cam leaked now anyway.

The Defence of the North stuff for MESBG still needs fully showing off and it'd be weird to wait until March, although they've had impromptu reveals of those at LotR events before so that's not a given for LVO.

Underworlds is presumably due another Warband between now and March too.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

17 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd be surprised if LVO doesn't have a preview just because there's still a lot of the Eldar stuff to show off - a lot of which has been Potato Cam leaked now anyway.

The Defence of the North stuff for MESBG still needs fully showing off and it'd be weird to wait until March, although they've had impromptu reveals of those at LotR events before so that's not a given for LVO.

I don’t think they are physically there in Las Vegas to do a preview event. They would have announced it like they did with Adepticon having a preview. An Online event is probably more likely but if they are revealing new Eldar stuff every Monday alreadyand the only stuff for AoS is Battletomes cover they may not necessary need to have one In January 

38 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

On Underworlds, not really. They've released the Q1 part of the roadmap. next warband is Q2, which is April at the earliest.

12 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

This season of Underworlds probably has the coolest "not gonna happen background army" yet.

image.png.12e280a4fe959a245a3b62b957281048.pngimage.png.bde40a5cd93d0aff0d0af4e8124e26a2.png

Maybe 5 or more years in the future they will release the Underworlds Spoilereds faction, that is just a bunch of units from the lore of the different underworlds seasons.

5 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Maybe 5 or more years in the future they will release the Underworlds Spoilereds faction, that is just a bunch of units from the lore of the different underworlds seasons.

Sounds like Dogs of War but way more insane!

I weirdly love composite armies with varied troops. Maybe that is why I like chaos so much?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Nothing AoS next week.

Well, there's the Blood Bowl Rat Ogre if you wanted to convert I guess?

No conversion needed really, he looks great.

15 hours ago, novakai said:

I mean if the Deepkin is in February and Fyreslayer is in March it probably make sense along with one more small release afterward. When 40K decided to give a big update to two armies at once I can’t really see a big AoS release until those two armies get their stuff revealed.

Edit: sort of like what happen when Shadowspear was releasing, there where a lot of small releases for AoS until Slaanesh was release in May.

Definitely feels like a painful wait for anything else AoS related, especially when we don't really know if there's going to be any additions to those armies besides just a tome. Hopefully we'll all get something to feel excited about soon.

I definitely still expect some kind of announcement of upcoming AoS stuff this month. Fyreslayers and IDK still need battletomes, and I think we can also expect a new tome for Nighthaunt in the near future after that model was teased in the christmas/new year's video. We are also getting close to a time where a new Underworlds warband could feasibly be revealed. After that, though, I have no real idea what to expect.

• Like 2

Does anyone feel there just isn't momentum in AoS since the release of third? Or is it "lateral", in fluff or other non-army releases? I just don't know what this edition "stands" for, although that isn't necessary to enjoy a game, but I feel a bit lost as a (mostly new to AOS) player.

Also does anyone ever play "historical" AOS, and play in the periods before the game itself? It seems a rich several millenia - has anyone charted it and/or written rules for it?  🤔

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, petitionercity said:

Does anyone feel there just isn't momentum in AoS since the release of third? Or is it "lateral", in fluff or other non-army releases? I just don't know what this edition "stands" for, although that isn't necessary to enjoy a game, but I feel a bit lost as a (mostly new to AOS) player.

Also does anyone ever play "historical" AOS, and play in the periods before the game itself? It seems a rich several millenia - has anyone charted it and/or written rules for it?  🤔

I feel so as well. I think it would have been preferable from a player perspective to delay the launch of AoS 3rd and just let everyone play with their armies in 2nd edition for a while. Would have been nice to have an extended period where everyone has an up-to-date battletome. But right now we are right back on the battletome treadmill, with the added feel bad of stuff not coming out quickly because of COVID. 3rd edition brought a lot of improvements in my opinion, but also broke a bunch of tomes that were previously at least chugging along. From a game perspective, delaying the switch to 3rd would probably have been easier on those armies.

The situation we are in right now stems from GW being a business and needing to put out their products first and foremost. And it seems to have worked for them, as well: According to their earnings report, the launch of 3rd was their best fantasy launch yet. It's just that the delays following that lauch (both to Stormcast and Nurgle) and the fact that they now don't seem to have any real follow up releases in the pipe line is really killing the AoS hype for now. I am sure we will all forget about it when they start pushing books and models out again, but for now it feels like we are in a state of everyone's rules being kinda not up to date with the current edition and nothing really going anywhere.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, petitionercity said:

I think that's because we've not really had much new release since the edition dropped. We've had maggotkin but it feels a touch like that passed by without much fanfair (probably because no new models) and we've had no other real releases shown besides the boxset of two armies which had heroes that visually looked similar to ones those ranges already had. With no real news at the moment for AoS we've had very little to be hyped about whilst 40k news has been dominating over warhammer community with various codexes and new models being teased / shown.

• Like 1

Don't forget a big part of it is continued lockdowns and concern over corona. A lot of gamers are stuck with our only major events being the new release of things, which makes us a bit more hyper aware of release rates, esp if the releases aren't for what we collect. Couple that with delays and GW having issues (they have $5million worth of outstanding orders to clear in the USA by the end of this month) with global shipping and other things its all made for a very strange launch for a new edition. 40K has the same issues as well; however its a 30 year old game which has retained its popularity so it has a touch more momentum than AoS which, whilst its built off an old game, did have a significant drop and AoS has many new or reimagined forces. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

I'm happpy with the absence of AoS until probably april, because I play Craftworlds and Tau xD

Same :D minus the Tau

@Overread Idk about you, however since Corona my life has been : Work, sleep, repeat. I am trying to keep myself afloat with anytjing that could cause hype. In the past GW managed to do so most of the time. As of late, the lack of releases has put most us on a hard withdrawal....and I really need my fix X_x

Maybe the eldar model today will be a mild remedy

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Same :D minus the Tau

@Overread Idk about you, however since Corona my life has been : Work, sleep, repeat. I am trying to keep myself afloat with anytjing that could cause hype. In the past GW managed to do so most of the time. As of late, the lack of releases has put most us on a hard withdrawal....and I really need my fix X_x

Maybe the eldar model today will be a mild remedy

Hoping for the Maugan Ra model. Still want that one for my army.

• Like 1

AoS is still smol compared to 40k. AoS got a lot of attention building up to 3.0 and now the wave is rolling back out. Lore tend to move forward during campaigns and expansions. Secretly hoping for the big expansion will revolve around Slaanesh breaking free and low key wishing for a HoS 2.0 release a la LRL.

Edited by pnkdth

13 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

AoS is still smol compared to 40k. AoS got a lot of attention building up to 3.0 and now the wave is rolling back out. Lore tend to move forward during campaigns and expansions. Secretly hoping for the big expansion will revolve around Slaanesh breaking free and low key wishing for a HoS 2.0 release a la LRL.

AoS had a glut of releases in early 2021 primarily because we had virtually no releases in 2020 and that backlog had to be cleared before 3rd edition launched. For sure GW is having to split resources more over the last two years or so, but they consistently prioritize 40K whenever they can. 40k Releases get delayed by weeks with consistent communication from GW, AoS releases get delayed by months, frequently and with no communication at all.

• Sad 1