The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

I agree with you but I've got bad news for you. This is the gw policy now. They are able to produce 24 books every three years but only 10-12 of them will be accompanied by more than one new kit. They have already done Stormcast and Kruleboyz so that means there are just 8-10 waves of minis left this edition. 

Some of those wave also may either be entirely new thing or for armies that the community may not necessary feel deserve a second wave as well. It possible that only two wave where use to bother refreshing old ranges as well

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Skaven, Beasts of Chaos, Seraphon and Ogor Mawtribes please. 

Here is what I want/hope for all the listed Factions:

Skaven: Massive Overhaul of the line with an emphasis on expanding Clan Eshin. If they had to focus on specific clans; Moulder & Eshin feel like the most necessary. 
Top 3: Nightrunners, Gutter Runners, Rat Ogres.

Beasts of Chaos: Shaggoth, Centigors, Tuskgor Chariot, Beastlord Bullgors, Doombull. In terms of truly new models I am more interested in just seeing updates of existing models, but I do think they should add a god styled unit for Morghur. Honestly I feel like the Jabberslyth, Razorgor, and Cockatrice will likely get squatted, especially if they were to soup BoC and S2D (I do not think this will happen just covering my bases). Luckily they can easily be proxied as Cygors/Ghorgons and Chaos Spawns... Chimera survive purely through their strange connection to Warcry.  
Top 3: Shaggoth, Centigors, Beastlord

Seraphon: Massive Overhaul of the line with an expanding of Saurus. A new Slann model is necessary, I feel it was odd that Kroak did not have a generic Slann build in his box... 🤔
Top 3: Slann, Coldone Riders, Kroxigors

Ogor Mawtribes: Replace all resin, I still really like the plastic models and think despite being statically posed are really well sculpted. I would particularly love an expansion on Firebellies, Maneaters and gnoblars. I mentioned before that Maneaters as a Warcry tie in would be great with each box coming with three and representing the 8 realms in addition to the eightpoints... maybe even an event exclusive Space Marine Lieutenant variant for the memes.
Top 3: Butcher, Yhetee, Firebelly

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel it was odd that Kroak did not have a generic Slann build in his box... 🤔

he does..you just need the opponent’s consent due to the larger base size and silhouette 😛

(I built my Kroak with the mask, and plan to buy a second one for a generic Slann using the maskless face and removing most of the swirly magical bits around him)

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Beasts of Chaos: Shaggoth, Centigors, Tuskgor Chariot, Beastlord Bullgors, Doombull. In terms of truly new models I am more interested in just seeing updates of existing models, but I do think they should add a god styled unit for Morghur. Honestly I feel like the Jabberslyth, Razorgor, and Cockatrice will likely get squatted, especially if they were to soup BoC and S2D (I do not think this will happen just covering my bases). Luckily they can easily be proxied as Cygors/Ghorgons and Chaos Spawns... Chimera survive purely through their strange connection to Warcry.  
Top 3: Shaggoth, Centigors, Beastlord

I think BoC need a big overhaul to be more popular than they are nowadays. Especially in the lore. 

I wish they were sort of primal corruptors of the realms for chaos, at least their shaman caste. Add to them more corrupted and twisted big/medium sized monsters. 

Say that they pop up in the nature to twist it and setup a way before the chaos invasion happens etc. 

at least that would be my fanfic.  

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, DaCapo said:

Do you think the "Big" Faq Aos will be today or not ?

It is not a BIG Faq. It is a Balance Update, it is better if you don't expect points changes and you expect a few rules changes, a few points changes and a few warscroll updates.

They are not going to update ALL the factions.

The Big Faqs are dated to next January

1 hour ago, Feii said:

I think BoC need a big overhaul to be more popular than they are nowadays. Especially in the lore. 

I wish they were sort of primal corruptors of the realms for chaos, at least their shaman caste. Add to them more corrupted and twisted big/medium sized monsters. 

Say that they pop up in the nature to twist it and setup a way before the chaos invasion happens etc. 

I was thinking of leaning in to the corrupting nature with a unit similar to the old forsaken models - units of other races in mid levels of transformation towards beastial or monsters. 

Personally, I think one way to help BoC is to deemphasis the goats, and make it more about monsters / monstrous transformation, etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

I was thinking of leaning in to the corrupting nature with a unit similar to the old forsaken models - units of other races in mid levels of transformation towards beastial or monsters. 

Personally, I think one way to help BoC is to deemphasis the goats, and make it more about monsters / monstrous transformation, etc.

it would be cool if they had elite units (so I dont hvae to paint 60 additional models) that can transform later in the game and I can swap out models that are still alive.  

3 hours ago, ibel said:

No. Next Week Saturday or Sunday....

Saturday or Sunday for a balance update no ?

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

It is not a BIG Faq. It is a Balance Update, it is better if you don't expect points changes and you expect a few rules changes, a few points changes and a few warscroll updates.

You think so 😢 ? That would be sad if they dont change much things 😢

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DaCapo said:

Saturday or Sunday for a balance update no ?

You think so 😢 ? That would be sad if they dont change much things 😢

Temper your expectations. They aren't looking to make a huge splash and change points across the board.

People who are expecting huge point changes across the board are going to be in for a surprise.

This balance update will most likely be similar to the 40K one. Expect some changes point or warscrolls to the biggest culprits (Nagash, Archaon, Sentinels). Then expect maybe 1 or 2 low performing army to get some slight changes there.

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

what are you talking about? FaQ clarifies rules so wouldn;t dataslate like update change points? you are writing in oxymorons. furthermore most rumours are about point drops and some rules changes. 

As I said they likened it to the 40k update which both updated rules and points I would expect the same thing from AoS update. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Feii said:

I really like your idea of Beastmen as corruptors as it feels different than the role of destruction tribes. Personally, I have always loved the idea of Beasts of Chaos to be mutated folks that are driven away from society and in some ways the most sympathetic side of Chaos. Your typical Chaos follower has the choice to worship Chaos but for the Beasts, it was Chaos that chose them. The idea of them bringing this corrupting magic alongside them makes this even more interesting. The closer the Beasts get to society the more beast children are born or people are mutated and the more terrible the rumours and reactions to developing bestial qualities will be. When a beast child is born to a Chaos Tribe they will leave it bundled up in the wilds in hopes that it will be found by its people... when a beast is born to Order Tribes it is left in the wilds in hopes that no one ever finds out about it... in both cases the beasts will never be far off. There always exists the threat that all will one day be born a beast which is an existential threat to the realm. 

This way you can create sad stories about intelegent beasts secretly raised in society that were protected by loving parents who were killed and the beast escaped swearing vengeance on society. You can show the corrupting influence of beasts through legends of lycanthropes, skin changers and Wendigos as people slowly changing and falling to their atavistic traits and the call of Chaos. You can keep the traditional view of Beasts of Chaos as a tribe of wild beasts dedicated to the fall of civilization. And of course you can mix and match origins for your beasts. In this way they range from the tragically sympathetic to the uttermost terrifying. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 5