The Rumour Thread

Looks like Frontline Gaming has posted all the Firestorm allegiance abilities and allegiance compositions in an article on their site: https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2017/09/23/overview-season-of-war-firestorm/

It appears 'the only limitation is that you cannot choose named characters to be in these allegiances.' 

Fist of the Everchosen ability seems pretty good - "Failure is not an option: +2 Bravery and reroll failed charges for units within 6″ of a friendly hero."

I think the different groupings for Firestorm are an interesting new approach to building an army, and do a lot to finally flesh out all the Order factions that have sort of been sitting in limbo since the Order GA book was released.

I think it would be better if you only tack the new abilities on to the basic Order allegiance (i mean i could take 1600pts of stormcasts with stormcast allegiance, any City allegiance, and any allies i want, completely bypassing these new restrictions...) but hey ho! Im kinda excited to see what the future holds - maybe a Ghurlands campaign with different combos of Destruction factions, or a Chaos War based around the five Gods and their followers...

I'm in the process of designing a skirmish level game and differentiating factions by city is the mechanic I'm using so I'm partial to these developments but I can see how people see them as an unnecessary layer. I think it would have made a lot of sense to not have the faction allegiance abilities be as prevalent and instead stick to GA's and the thematic allegiance abilities based on city or realm of origin. It's more balanced, encourages mixed faction armies, and still wouldn't punish single faction armies if the ability sets were built correctly, in my view. That said, it is WAY too late for that in AoS given all the battletomes they've already produced. 

• Like 1

I'm starting to like Shadespire after feeling cold towards it initially. And I know plenty of boardgamers who would love to play it, but who feel intimidated by trying out AoS, even with skirmish rules being a thing. So I'm thinking this might be the only realistic way to get games with my minis. Also, Shadespire warband would be a perfect size for a painting side project.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caladancid said:

Can I just point out again that the Blood Knights are nowhere to be found on the webstore now?  They aren't temporarily out of stock (for rebasing), but just gone.  Has anyone heard anything interesting about this?

They actually still show up(and available to order) if you search for them(at least in the US store). https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Vampire-Counts-Blood-Knights

There seem to be a few like that such as the Bat Swarm and Beast of Nurgle(though these are still navigable via the 40k side, the separate AoS version with warscroll is only available via search).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

New White Dwarf has dropped through this morning. I'm sure someone will be along to add pictures, but Shadespire is coming in at £40 / 50 EUR / $60 USD / $70 CAN. 

It's launching alongside Stormcast/Bloodbound themed card sleeves, which are £5 / $8 USD. 

Pre-order 14th for release on the 21st.

Here we go ?

IMG_2117.PNG

1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

New White Dwarf has dropped through this morning. I'm sure someone will be along to add pictures, but Shadespire is coming in at £40 / 50 EUR / $60 USD / $70 CAN. 

It's launching alongside Stormcast/Bloodbound themed card sleeves, which are £5 / $8 USD. 

Pre-order 14th for release on the 21st.

I would have prefered $49.99 US, but I guess $60 is a better than the $70 I had heard(maybe I heard from Canadians?). Still not sure if it's an instabuy for me. I guess it'll come down to the price of the skeleton expansion for me.

It seems a little steep. But for a standalone game I can play with my non tabletop game friends? Its worth it.

If the skaven sculpts are as good as the undead ones, those will both be insta buys for me as well.

I really hope at least one guy from each box becomes a named hero in the main game.

As Games Workshop`s products were earliere on the market it seems more logically to state, that X-Wing is even more pricey, not that the content of the Shadespire box is equal to a giveaway ;)

When I thought about the price I just thought about what`s inside the Storm of Sigmar boxed set:

3 Liberators

2 Retributors

3 Blood Warriors

5 Blood Reavers

26 Euros

Of course, there is some more paper stuffy in the Shadespire box and this is just my personal view on it, so don`t get this wrong, it`s not my intention to start a price debate, rather looking at the product itself. I`ll probably try the game in a tabletopclub or somewhere equally. Small boxed sets like this might even get my ladies to play some more games again.