The Rumour Thread

I'm a little mixed up front about the Great Cities allegiance abilities.

I truly enjoy the fact that they're dishing out different allegiance abilities for different cities. It puts a bit of a narrative spin, on this city is known for it's people to be X. Really enjoy thematic abilities.

But I am a little concerned that something that should be narrative, could make its way into being mandatory for matched play. These abilities seem like they're all going to be 'free'. Unless there is a significant downside to taking a Great City, then why wouldn't you? You only ever get a bonus, so there's no reason not to just say your Sylvaneth are from Hammerhal, or your Stormcast are from Tempest's Eye.

Then there's the fact that Order is obviously getting a lot of love, but where does this leave the other Grand Alliances?

So a little concerned, but hopefully it's got a balancing factor somehow. Perhaps something like Death, Destruction and Chaos armies get a bonus when fighting against an army from a Great City. This would mean, that Order vs Order - Both players have option of a Great City. Order vs Other - If Order took a Great City, both armies get a free bonus, but if they didn't, then neither player would get a bonus anyway.

Anyway, I think it would be a shame that a supplement that seems to be more focusing on map based campaigns, essentially becomes mandatory purchase to stay 'competitive' in the game. The game would start to feel like supplement hell (Oh, I need my battletome, ghb, season of war, whatever other supplements...) and makes the game feel a bit pay to win, which would be super unfortunate.

8 hours ago, Elmir said:

The underdeveloped ORDER forces it seems. GW was clarifying that out of the 10 new traits, there would be 7 for order and then 1 for every other GA. 

They also said the trait from the city would stack with the trait of the allegiance... The cities would not get their own magic items/command traits, just one extra battle trait that is added to the battle traits your army already has. 

Order won the Season of War campaign. This is the reward.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Anyway, I think it would be a shame that a supplement that seems to be more focusing on map based campaigns, essentially becomes mandatory purchase to stay 'competitive' in the game. The game would start to feel like supplement hell (Oh, I need my battletome, ghb, season of war, whatever other supplements...) and makes the game feel a bit pay to win, which would be super unfortunate.

I guess easy solution if this is not wanted is to "ban" the rules from tournaments. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

I guess easy solution if this is not wanted is to "ban" the rules from tournaments. 

Exactly! The number one encouragement from GW is to use their materials as guide lines and use or don't use whatever you like. Tournament hosts can always do whatever the majority would like to see or what they'd like to see in their tournament. So we'll see what happens when the pack is released. 

@Sheriff I care!

IOyMIZJ.jpg

Luthor Harkon to return after his model and ruleless stint as Nagash's Mortarch of the Abyss during the End Times? (last seen being turned into goo by Isabella von Carstein after being ungraciously booted off Ashigaroth's back by Mannfred)

tUsvE1u.jpg

Or...
Spoiler

Count Noctilus!

9HpXIcp.jpg
Edited by Double Misfire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely undead and vampire Pirates are really cool. In general I think Age of Sigmar would benifit from multiple pirates. In addition Dreadfleet in the Age of Sigmar realms could also be much cooler as ever as it could actually be a perfect segway into re-doing something like Battlefleet Gothic for Age of Sigmar :D!

Pirates-small.jpg
90577edc2430e468e954479d4fc46320--warham

Pirates! Yes please!

I suspect the pirate vampire stuff will just be in the fluff. I doubt they would announce a new faction or minis in the comments section of the Facebook page. That said I would love to be wrong. 

I think that Death needs a lot to be fleshed out. I completely agree with you that it's very unlikely Undead Pirates are around the corner ;) 

Edited by Killax

7 minutes ago, Killax said:

Absolutely undead and vampire Pirates are really cool. In general I think Age of Sigmar would benifit from multiple pirates. In addition Dreadfleet in the Age of Sigmar realms could also be much cooler as ever as it could actually be a perfect segway into re-doing something like Battlefleet Gothic for Age of Sigmar :D!

Pirates-small.jpg
90577edc2430e468e954479d4fc46320--warham

Pirates! Yes please!

I think that Death needs a lot to be fleshed out. I completely agree with you that it's very unlikely Undead Pirates are around the corner ;) 

We already have sky pirate dwarfs, and they have alluded to sky pirate goblins, and now talking of pirate undead. Seems this is a new age of highly-mobile new factions that zoom around the vast 8 realms somehow. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

We already have sky pirate dwarfs, and they have alluded to sky pirate goblins, and now talking of pirate undead. Seems this is a new age of highly-mobile new factions that zoom around the vast 8 realms somehow. 

Looking very much forward to it.

It's also one of the reasons why I think Shadespire will be a great succes as a seperate game as with the smaller model count it's much easier for GW to 'show' their future intends for several factions. We know the Stormcast, we know the Bloodbound and Iron Jawz but what will indeed be very cool to see is how they will return Skaven and several Undead. 

I kinda hope it is not pirate vampires... I don't know why but the whole vampire stuff is meh to me, and... pirates? In a world that is connected by realm gates and stuff pirates would be very limited wouldn't they?

Since TK went away we are missing so many Skeletons and stuff (Chariots, Archers, Giants just to name a few) I'd prefer having those.

1 hour ago, Nico said:

Looks scary at first, but not as strong on reflection - could back fire vs small flying models (Valkia etc.).

Seems really powerful, if a player manages to zerg the enemy unit.

1 hour ago, Aginor said:

In a world that is connected by realm gates and stuff pirates would be very limited wouldn't they?

Nurgle Pirates/naval fleets are a thing in AoS (Hallowed Knights: Plague Garden). There should be places/settlements that are fairly distant from a friendly controlled gate or the pirates simply want to harass the settlements who realistically can't call count for the help from the order garrison.

Nurgle crabs... hmm. :D

The hook from the rumour engine looks a lot like the hooks on the tenebreal shard and mistweaver. Allthough they don't have any serated edges. It also looks very similar to some of te weapons from te dark eldar  wracks. Could just as well be skaven though.

naval Nurgle was a thing in wfb (gutrot spume). I always liked the Nurgle seafaring warriors occupying schifting islands that were in the Malus Darkblade novels. 

Would be cool to have huge realmgates that could fit ships (in the fluff).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Would be cool to have huge realmgates that could fit ships (in the fluff).

Naval Realmgates are implied in the Scourge Privateer background text in the GA: Order Book. Some of them should even be big enough to fit a Black Ark.
Also, we know that at least Azyr, Aqshy, Ghur, Chamon and Ghyran have oceans. I think the Mortal Realms have enough room to house multiple naval factions.