The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh snap this is my first time at the start of an Edition for AOS, which tomes will count as 'Made for 3.0'?

Good question. Definitely Soulblight. Not sure about the others. Hopefully not Slaanesh.  But even if none of them are we we'll get every book done if we keep to the schedule set by this year and don't get any all new battletomes. If DoK, Soulblight and Lumineth are considered 3rd edition. We can get three new battletomes and still considered up to date by the end of 3rd edition. 

I would, however,  love it if this edition was 4 years. That would take us up to the 10th anniversary for 4th edition. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Good question. Definitely Soulblight. Not sure about the others. Hopefully not Slaanesh.  But even if none of them are we we'll get every book done if we keep to the schedule set by this year and don't get any all new battletomes. If DoK, Soulblight and Lumineth are considered 3rd edition. We can get three new battletomes and still considered up to date by the end of 3rd edition. 

I would, however,  love it if this edition was 4 years. That would take us up to the 10th anniversary for 4th edition. 

So it looks like Maggotkin and Idoneth are some of the 'oldest' tomes? I hope Idoneth get a good range update this Edition. 

Daughters of Khaine and Slaanesh should be for 3.0 in theory at least. It's odd that the points appear to be stuck in a half way state though - higher than for 2.0 in general but not as high as 3.0 and they removed the full unit bonus but then 3.0 has introduced this somewhat convoluted system for min/max units which appears to be a move to cap full sized units heavily and instead have a game built around minimum unit compositions. 

It's almost like the DoK and Slaanesh tomes were made for a 3.0 beta which then changed significantly in some areas before being released. I'd not expect those Tomes replaced and if they are they'd like as not be done at the end of the 3.0 life cycle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

That glowy-eyed skull on the Squig Wagon would make a great head for an Orruk (Rogue?) Idol.

Weirdly, I’m also looking at those big squig mounts and seeing sharks! 

YES!! I'm thinking about nabbing some just to paint up some Street Sharks!!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

Rumour re: The Old World that has just popped up on reddit. No idea on the validity of it, but interesting to think about.

Screenshot_20210712-124949_Chrome.jpg

This time line would put it at between 4-5 years from announcement which makes sense but could just be an educated guess. If the Army and Core Book is true though that's incredible for players.

27 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

Rumour re: The Old World that has just popped up on reddit. No idea on the validity of it, but interesting to think about.

Screenshot_20210712-124949_Chrome.jpg

That'd be amazing. But the question is how they will expand,

• Is this AoS again, and old minis only "legal" until they release new stuff?
  • Will they bring back old minis in the enterim as limited editions until they re-sculpt?

It is clear that they need filler material until they can release more stuff. Cross-compatibility with some AoS units would be amazing.

2024 for TOW seems totally fitting with the original schedule and COVID delays. 

Between the new Horus Heresy starter set and those awesome DKoK models, FW original ranges seems to more and more turn to plastic (which is great, and bode well for TOW). I wonder when the HH starter set will be released, I guess October 2021 like the other HH boxed sets ?

And speaking of DKoK, and being a huge fan of Warcry, that other new starter set and updated rules previewed for Kill Team look bloody nice. I hope Warcry get a relaunch next summer too (one year after 3rd ed. AOS, just like nuKT comes one year after 9th ed. 40k).

And going back to AOS rumors, I salute the game going over 6 years yesterday, and cannot say how excited I am for those two rumored releases we got hints of those past few days :

• Complete reimagined / AOSified Chaos Duardin range
  • Skaven Clan Eshin release (which I thought was very plausible since AOS1 and the assassin in WHQ : Silver Tower)

We're apparently in for a wild ride those next years ! :P

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This time line would put it at between 4-5 years from announcement which makes sense but could just be an educated guess. If the Army and Core Book is true though that's incredible for players.

It sounds off to me. 4-5 years of planning and effort. New model design, production and rules, a whole reimagining of a new timeline just so people can play models that are 10-15 years old at that point? GW wont sell many models if lots of players reach for the box they have in the loft. 

I think if they were doing that they might just take an easy win by releasing a campaign book for legends or something like that. Min effort max benefit. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

That'd be amazing. But the question is how they will expand,

• Is this AoS again, and old minis only "legal" until they release new stuff?
  • Will they bring back old minis in the enterim as limited editions until they re-sculpt?

It is clear that they need filler material until they can release more stuff. Cross-compatibility with some AoS units would be amazing.

I can see diferent outcomes:

1. A Compendium of old armies waiting for a new ones (that's my bid).
  2. A "Firsborn Space Marines" situation, with new unique units that are going to be just better than the old ones.
  3. A "Legends" compendium.
  4. Remake all miniatures and make the old ones 100% "legal" (sorry, I can't see that), or anything inbetween of points 4 and 1.

If that rumour is true, they announced the game way too early. I think they should have waited and announced the game alongside Total Warhammer 3. That would have boosted the signal on both those things considerably. Even the three years from now to release would be a very  long time. 40k 10th edition and perhaps even AoS 4th edition will be out by then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I can see diferent outcomes:

1. A Compendium of old armies waiting for a new ones (that's my bid).
  2. A "Firsborn Space Marines" situation, with new unique units that are going to be just better than the old ones.
  3. A "Legends" compendium.
  4. Remake all miniatures and make the old ones 100% "legal" (sorry, I can't see that), or anything inbetween of points 4 and 1.

4 would remove the grudge.

Happy if 4. happens but they add more models and cross-compatibility with AoS. 30k is super stagnant and wouldn't want something like that.

On 7/10/2021 at 2:05 PM, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I did think they're would be a seperate Snagga Cavalry but they all look phenomenal. I wonder what we could proxy the big giant Squig as.

I was thinking of using it as a mangler squig proxy, as a fun ally to any Orrk Army. Theres also so many new mounts for Kruelboyz, it could easily be used as a Killaboss on great Gnashtoof, or perhaps that Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast. I've got an extra Crow's Cage from the ole aleguzzler gargant sprue, that I could easily hang off the beastboss on squigasaur to make a good proxy. 

Or Ive got to wait for a new anvil or apotheosis article for Orruks, so I can build a boss with a mount :)

Oh and that Beastboss would make a fantastic megaboss conversion with just a few tweaks. I've already got two megaboss on foot, so i'm not sure what I'd do with a 3rd. Heck, most of the time I have trouble justifying including one. Perhaps that will change with the new Ork codex. 

image.png.03ee232f6c70f6058e7051f5c201f874.png

14 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

2024 for TOW seems totally fitting with the original schedule and COVID delays. 

Between the new Horus Heresy starter set and those awesome DKoK models, FW original ranges seems to more and more turn to plastic (which is great, and bode well for TOW). I wonder when the HH starter set will be released, I guess October 2021 like the other HH boxed sets ?

And speaking of DKoK, and being a huge fan of Warcry, that other new starter set and updated rules previewed for Kill Team look bloody nice. I hope Warcry get a relaunch next summer too (one year after 3rd ed. AOS, just like nuKT comes one year after 9th ed. 40k).

And going back to AOS rumors, I salute the game going over 6 years yesterday, and cannot say how excited I am for those two rumored releases we got hints of those past few days :

• Complete reimagined / AOSified Chaos Duardin range
  • Skaven Clan Eshin release (which I thought was very plausible since AOS1 and the assassin in WHQ : Silver Tower)

We're apparently in for a wild ride those next years ! :P

With how 3.0 is touted Era of the Beast I'm super excited to see what that means. So far we have Kragnos ,the Kruelboyz subfaction and the rumoured Ogor Mawtribes refresh. There are also the talks of Drakes for Stormcast.

Hopefully it means massive updates to Skaven and Beasts of Chaos as well. I hope it does mean that every Faction gets Monsters in some way, even if they're new monsters with no alignment that work like Mega Gargants. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

4 would remove the grudge.

Happy if 4. happens but they add more models and cross-compatibility with AoS. 30k is super stagnant and wouldn't want something like that.

Realistically though, a redesign of all old armies and miniatures in modern plastic seems like it would be way too much for Forgeworld (or even GW proper) to handle. Even just reissuing all the old stuff would require a substantial increase in the production of resin (or even metal) minis that I am pretty sure GW wants to avoid. They seem to have been phasing out resin wherever possible in the recent past.

• Like 1

If this is true, the idea that I can run all my Slaves to Darkness in Old world has me really excited... I guess I have to invest in those regiment trays that can fit circular bases. Hopefully GW will understand the market for them an make some themselves but I feel like this will be more of a 3rd party styled thing to accommodate for different unit sizes. Actually I think my Ogors are fairly useable as well but I am not sure I would be able to run pure Beastclaw Raiders in that system. 

Also, if they are actually sharing a scale I will get an Old World army that I will run as Cities of Sigmar in AOS... with my Dominion Stormcast hopefully filling in any gaps for where proxies fall short.  

Edited by Neverchosen

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/12/broken-realms-fiction-the-scales-of-victory/

They're talkin' about the revival of the Draconith race??? But it also mentions it won't fight with the Seraphon's Warhosts. So now I'm anticipating 4 new factions or armies for 3rd ed!!

1. Grungni's Dwarves

2. Chaos Dwarves

3. Umbraneth/ Malekith Elves

4. Draconith??? - Any chance for a dragonborn faction finally??? Come on GW!

images (9).jpeg

I think the mention of "allies" and the "era of scale, and of storm" heavily implies they will be part of the Stormcast army.

A little disappointing in my opinion, since Stormcast already have about 12 billion units, but also maybe that just means they can only ally with Stormcast.

Hard to be certain, though.