The Rumour Thread

Just now, Vasshpit said:

Sludgeraker to me brings to my minds eye the "watcher in the water" style creature from LotR. 

Even more so seeing as how the fellas are definitely lotr inspired. 

Or Sludgeraker is the job title for the poor troggoth assigned to muck out the privy...! 

32 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I'm not sure mawkrushas actually fly, have you seen the wing to body ratio on one?  I just think it uses those huge front arms and happens to be really good at jumping and falling with style 😁

they cant but orcs belive they can because if it has wings it flies. They started to hang aroung whaaags because they noticed that they started to be able to fly when orrucs were close

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

FEC have a bit of diversity between Ghoul, Big Ghoul, Winged Ghoul, Tactical-Ruin Ghoul, Zombie Dragon.

Fyreslayers have... Naked Dwarf Dude, Giant Lizard.

I think Fyreslayers win on the lack of options front.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that a naked barefoot dude who shaves his upper lip and wears a loincloth is not dramatically different from a naked barefoot dude who has a full mustache on his upper lip and wears a loincloth?

I see you are a horrible plebian who has no appreciation for the depth or nuance of expression through facial hair! DISGUSTING.

;)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I have mentioned this in the Slaves to Darkness thread but I feel like they kind of released the first four of these articles to represent the most iconic or metonymic factions of each grand alliance. I think it makes sense as they are the armies I most directly think of in relationship to each alliance*:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/10/outlast-any-enemy-with-the-soulblight-gravelords-in-the-new-edition/

aL6adjbSWGqVwNte.jpg
Fantastic looking shot of the army.

*Note this does not make them my favourites since other than Slaves to Darkness I prefer several other factions for each Grand Alliance.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Reinholt said:

Are you seriously trying to tell me that a naked barefoot dude who shaves his upper lip and wears a loincloth is not dramatically different from a naked barefoot dude who has a full mustache on his upper lip and wears a loincloth?

I see you are a horrible plebian who has no appreciation for the depth or nuance of expression through facial hair! DISGUSTING.

;)

Agreed, plus being naked is their own motif! The only option you’ll ever see is more naked dwarf with different weapons 😂 maybe a new mount! That’s not to say they don’t need a wave though! They need one 

I think our giga chad on dogo is 3+ because his armour is actually pretty substantial compared to the others. He has a breast plate, shoulder pads and a helm along with a shield. Our other chad on foot with a 3+ though makes a lot less sense as he doesn’t have the breast plate or a mount. I assume it’s just to do with balancing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tiberius501 said:

I think our giga chad on dogo is 3+ because his armour is actually pretty substantial compared to the others. He has a breast plate, shoulder pads and a helm along with a shield. Our other chad on foot with a 3+ though makes a lot less sense as he doesn’t have the breast plate or a mount. I assume it’s just to do with balancing.

As fun as it is to joke about his lack of armour, the reality is that saves in AOS pull double duty representing armour, toughness and in some senses martial prowess. So I personally have no issue with our giga chad taking a lance to the chest as giga chads often do! 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

One always has to remember that with greenskins, it's not about if you are actually wearing armor, it is if you BELIEVE you are wearing armor.

My personal canon is that all orks are naked and unarmed, but what we see on the table is how they visualize themselves in their heads and thus have that power because of the WAAAGH.

"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso and also Orruks

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

They will get told how many provisional allocations they have but it's no guarantee of anything - This even applies to the GW retail stores.

They will be in the same boat as everyone else.

Put it this way, Darksphere who with element are practically GW's biggest indi in the UK got 20 Cursed City units allocated to them, and they didn't find that out till days before launch.

Hopefully like Indomitus there will be a clear message that another chance to grab a copy as made to order will follow - if only to kneecap scalpers from having it all their own way.

thanks for the response, disappointing as it is from GW :/ I'd prefer to get it from a LGS, but if they're in the same boat as us it feels like I may as well try to get a box online too...

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

thanks for the response, disappointing as it is from GW :/ I'd prefer to get it from a LGS, but if they're in the same boat as us it feels like I may as well try to get a box online too...

I am in a similar boat in that I want to support a local game store, however as excited as I am for the box if I do not get it I will not be overly sad. I will only be collecting half either way and as much as I love the models there are other armies I love equally, so if I do not get my hands on it I will pick up something else and find peace with it... after maybe a week of bitterly complaining online.... 😏

I don't think GW would want to commit to a Made-To-Order run until Dominion very definitely 100% on-the-sheets sells out. That way they can benefit from FOMO, be certain they're actually going to sell through it (you can still get the Lumineth starter set if you poke around a bit) and then benefit from a good bit of PR when they come out and go, "haha we're listening and so everyone can get a copy we're making it Made-To-Order!" and then everybody cheers.

Committing to a Made-To-Order before hand also means some people might not bother ordering on Day 1 and put it off because 'eh I can buy it later' which they probably don't want either.

Of course Indomitus might've been an exception just because of Space Marine's absurd popularity compared to AoS as a whole, but we'll see.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

I'm not that fussed about getting a Dominion box, I will give it a go, but I work on Saturdays so trying to wiggle doing a pre-order around actual work is a bit of a minefield.

That said there is a model train store near me that seemingly gets most of the big Warhammer boxes and then prices them high enough that no one buys them. When I walked past yesterday they still had a Feast of Bones box priced at £115. If I'm really that desperate, I can probably get one there.

32 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am in a similar boat in that I want to support a local game store, however as excited as I am for the box if I do not get it I will not be overly sad. I will only be collecting half either way and as much as I love the models there are other armies I love equally, so if I do not get my hands on it I will pick up something else and find peace with it... after maybe a week of bitterly complaining online.... 😏

I find myself actually wanting all of the Stormcast half, which means the warscrolls are a bigger bonus, and I also love the cover art. If it came down to it, I'd be disappointed missing this box+rulebook and having to buy the Stormcast half secondhand.

However if the Praetors aren't a properly numbered unit (like Evocators in Soul Wars), then it'd hurt a bit less.

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I find myself actually wanting all of the Stormcast half, which means the warscrolls are a bigger bonus, and I also love the cover art. If it came down to it, I'd be disappointed missing this box+rulebook and having to buy the Stormcast half secondhand.

However if the Praetors aren't a properly numbered unit (like Evocators in Soul Wars), then it'd hurt a bit less.

I mean there was a decent amount self consolation in my post as I am not sure if I will get my hands on it 😉

I think both halves look fantastic but I am also leaning towards the Stormcast side as well. I have been working on various colour schemes for the army as well. It is weird though as I have asked my friend's group if they want the other half free of charge and no one has taken me up on the offer. I do not have the space or time to have a larger destruction army especially as I have a small Beast Claw army already. It is strange as I prefer them just slightly to the Stormcast half but I feel they will be slightly redundant next to my Chaos Warriors and Ogre Mawtribes.

But if I do not get it I will likely settle on a Duradin or Aelven faction to provide some more variety for my hobby efforts. So as I said I am trying to brace myself for missing out by considering other potential options. 😅

Edited by Neverchosen

14 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I mean there was a decent amount self consolation in my post as I am not sure if I will get my hands on it 😉

I think both halves look fantastic but I am also leaning towards the Stormcast side as well. I have been working on various colour schemes for the army as well. It is weird though as I have asked my friend's group if they want the other half free of charge and no one has taken me up on the offer. I do not have the space or time to have a larger destruction army especially as I have a small Beast Claw army already. It is strange as I prefer them just slightly to the Stormcast half but I feel they will be slightly redundant next to my Chaos Warriors and Ogre Mawtribes.

But if I do not get it I will likely settle on a Duradin or Aelven faction to provide some more variety for my hobby efforts. So as I said I am trying to brace myself for missing out by considering other potential options. 😅

You're offering free models for a brand new army to your friends and they arent taking it? What kind of heathens are you associating yourself with? They sound mad... or maybe just responsible?🤔 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Graywater said:

You're offering free models for a brand new army to your friends and they arent taking it? What kind of heathens are you associating yourself with? They sound mad... or maybe just responsible?🤔 

Well I am offering it to them with a specific but still very friendly catch, namely if they pick up any of the further starter sets to keep me in mind for splitting the other half... but considering that it will either net them a discount or some terrain (if it follows the 40k release model) then it still seems like a pretty good deal to me. 😳

However, the city I am in still has most lockdown restrictions in place, so I understand how it could feel a little burdensome to worry about starting a new collection/project. This of course has effected the employment of some of my friends as well. But still from my prospective I am trying to offer half an army that they can repay one day down the line if they were so inclined. I have also offered the Orcs to my cousin as trade bait to round out his soulblight army but he is refusing on principal as he is in a better financial situation than me but I keep explaining that I am going to try and nab the box either way.  

2 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Back in the old days of fantasy if you were mounted you got a +1 to your armour save due to mounted shizzle.  Not unreasonable to kind of assume that he's higher than you and to get to his squidgy bits you've got to get past the huge mountaing of rar that he's riding.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Drezden said:

So, more rumors arrived about the further development of AoS in the next three years.

New factions:
Dawnbringer Crusade - Sigmar Cities Soft Reboot Coming Early 2022
Umbranet - late 2022
Chaos Dwarves - early 2023, at the end of the campaign, 3rd editions will build a huge warp cannon to "All Azir to dust"

The first updated battlefields of the third edition will be Chaos Beasts, Maggotkins, Glumspeit Gitz and Ogora

There will be a glumspite battlebox versus the beasts of chaos, in which there will be a new skuttleboss on a spider, spider riders and rockgats against new dumblings, jaberslits and bulgors
(That is, from the side of the goblins, only a new boss on the spider, from the side of the beasts of chaos, everything is new)

They also promise a new SK Ogorov with gluttons, lead belchers, iron blaster and a plastic slot

Out of curiosity, why are the filthy elgi coming before the Dawi-Zhar? We actually have legit rumors about the latter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Back in the old days of fantasy if you were mounted you got a +1 to your armour save due to mounted shizzle.  Not unreasonable to kind of assume that he's higher than you and to get to his squidgy bits you've got to get past the huge mountaing of rar that he's riding.

He's got the same save as the Killaboss on Foot with Skareshield, who's similarly moderately armored. They have the same save as the much better armored Megaboss, but the Megaboss doesn't have a shield. I'm fine with chalking it up to +1 for Orkiness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Out of curiosity, why are the filthy elgi coming before the Dawi-Zhar? We actually have legit rumors about the latter.

Because this rumor is not true most probably.

Still i think Malerion will come first than Chaos dwarves though.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1