The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, CountryMou3e said:

Death is looking good , letters are getting max unit discount, should shake up the current meta nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add to this:

information on allies

new allegiance abilities - more armies on tournaments,

new Russ's favorite scenario which is replacement of current Blood & Glory,

Nighthaunts is what Russ's is considering as new army (or some other Death faction)

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Nothing about abilities stacking in the new rules of one, However I've got a theory now that we could still see that in there under the "warscroll update" section that was listed in the table of contents that nobody is sure what is.  It's only a couple pages I think but if they want to maybe handle it on an ability by ability basis (only nurfing the ones that seems really overpowered when stacked) they could just have them listed on that like "Aether Kemist - Aetheric Augmentation - This ability no longer stacks with itself.  Skaven Packmaster - Herded Into The Fray - This ability no longer stacks with itself" etc.

Humm...this from the discussion on the fb post announcing the above info--

And what about stacking? That's what is killing AoS in my opinion 1f641.png:(

Warhammer Age of Sigmar
Warhammer Age of Sigmar Hey Piotr,
There's not rule against multiple stacking as such.
But, there will be an adjustment to points or profiles for some units where this is sometimes an issue."

Not for certain if they are speaking to ability stacks but it sure seems to be..

• Like 3

Looks like compendium stuff is getting booted out of the book. From the fb post i infer that it will be updated and made available on free pdfs.

I think this is a good move, as the old stuff is a bit of a millstone currently. Im not thrilled they dropped so many cool heroes/units/armies, but id prefer they make it a clean break so they can focus fully on the parts of the range theyre keeping, and new stuff of course!

thumb_DGFckqJVYAAHhto.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thostos said:

Warhammer Age of Sigmar
But, there will be an adjustment to points or profiles for some units where this is sometimes an issue."

Not for certain if they are speaking to ability stacks but it sure seems to be..

Hmm interesting, I originally missed the 'profiles' part of the update, which led to me being pretty disappointed. I guess that means in future GW will tighten up their rules writing instead of outright banning stacking. You don't need a specific global rule if it's written into each rule itself.

2 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

Looks like compendium stuff is getting booted out of the book. From the fb post i infer that it will be updated and made available on free pdfs.

I think this is a good move, as the old stuff is a bit of a millstone currently. Im not thrilled they dropped so many cool heroes/units/armies, but id prefer they make it a clean break so they can focus fully on the parts of the range theyre keeping, and new stuff of course!

thumb_DGFckqJVYAAHhto.jpg

Good to know that the Compendium isn't being left behind in terms of points. This doesn't rule out them putting at the front of the document that they're there for friendly matched play but not usable in tournaments.

Most impressed to be honest that they're giving official answers to these questions. Good to clear up where the Compendium stands given people were a bit worried due to the lack of pages in the GHB.

Based on todays update, where they mentioned we're going to get a look an indepth look at Order this Friday (Similar to Death last Friday), we can project that potentially they will follow the pattern with Destruction and Chaos the following two weeks (11th and 18th). Which would mean we can probably predict that it goes up for Pre-order on the 19th or 26th.

This probably makes sense with the Fate of Konor campaign going on. That'll end up being week 5 or 6 that it ends up being released on, right near the tail end of the campaign. So it won't detract too much from Konor, and it'll get everyone pumped to be getting into AoS right after it's over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, someone2040 said:

we can project that potentially they will follow the pattern with Destruction and Chaos the following two weeks (11th and 18th). Which would mean we can probably predict that it goes up for Pre-order on the 19th or 26th

Makes sense. My guess is it goes up for pre-order the 19th, otherwise it's actually release day would fall into September right?

1 minute ago, awcamawn said:

Makes sense. My guess is it goes up for pre-order the 19th, otherwise it's actually release day would fall into September right?

You're probably right, I believe they've said it will be released in August.

Historically I've found GW tend to get a bit confused over pre-order and release. With them hyping up what ultimately just becomes a date when you can pre-order something, as opposed to when you can actually get your hands on something.

So hopefully they're specific about it being released in August.

11 hours ago, Thostos said:

Warhammer Age of Sigmar

My understanding is that compendium scrolls will keep their points from the original GHB, and that GW is giving TO's the power on supporting compendium/ForgeWorld in their events. 

@Vincent Venturella talked about the TO system that Magic the Gathering uses months ago, and it sounds like Warhammer is going down that path.

I guess only time will tell. 

I hope they'll redo the "Age of Sigmar Rules" section on the webstore. Replace the PDFs with updated versions (only including compendium units and then a list of what the updated units (e.g. Freeguild Guard) have now become) and then also include the points for compendium units there too.

In fact there should be four new PDFs each including all the warscrolls for a Grand Alliance. These are all free in the webstore/app anyway and I feel this section gives potential new players a very warped view of the game currently with 2 year old 'Compendium Packs'.

5 PDFs, one for each of the GA's, and one for Compendium and compendium points.

For tournaments I am happy to lose Compendium. I'll have to retire the Empire Knights, Empire Cannon and Grim Burloksson - but they can all be used in Narrative or Club games.

I prefer the game to be ever evolving at tournament level, and don't think it's right when some of the winning lists are of models you can't buy.

Edited by bottle
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, bottle said:

For tournaments I am happy to lose Compendium. I'll have to retire the Empire Knights, Empire Cannon and Grim Burloksson - but they can all be used in Narrative or Club games.

I prefer the game to be ever evolving at tournament level, and don't think it's right when some of the winning lists are of models you can't buy.

Does this include ForgeWorld?

I ask because ForgeWorld is Compendium, yet a lot of people seem to split the old models and ForgeWorld into two different buckets. 

I'd be disappointed if these models were removed from the game. The most OP models in the game are the latest releases, not old models. 

14 minutes ago, MrCharisma said:

I ask because ForgeWorld is Compendium, yet a lot of people seem to split the old models and ForgeWorld into two different buckets. 

I'd be disappointed if these models were removed from the game. The most OP models in the game are the latest releases, not old models. 

You're right lots of Forgeworld is technically Compendium, (Sayl is left a beggar stranded in the Empire last time we heard from him!) but the difference is most of the models aren't OOP like the citadel compendium, so I am really just talking about the the OOP citadel miniatures (and I guess the OOP Forgeworld stuff too).

They wouldn't be removed from the game. Just the tournament circuit. They'd still have full support with rules and points on the website.

29 minutes ago, MrCharisma said:

Forgeworld are an interesting problem.

In theory, quite a lot of the Forgeworld stuff slots in quite nicely into the Age of Sigmar. But the problem is they haven't been rebranded, they're all just using legacy names and hence they feel 'compendium' and 'old world' like.

I wish in some ways, I wish they'd just migrate over Tamurkhan's Horde and Legion of Azgorth into AoS proper. Either drop the keywords for Tamurkhan's (There's gonna be a NURGLE allegiance at some point anyway), or create some new faction for them to fall under.

Same thing for Legion of Azgorth, lose the old world faction and create a new one. Invest a bit of effort into creating a place for these two factions to exist in the Age of Sigmar, just like Games Workshop did for all the other factions they currently sell.

Lastly, either lose the special characters or better yet, make them generic. All factions need leaders, they just don't need leaders from the Old World.

At the moment, both just feel a little out of place, exactly like you're playing an Old World army in the new game. We know they can fit in (Just like we know Brettonians and Tomb Kings can fit in), but we also know they're a bit out of place running around with characters from the Old World.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

Lastly, either lose the special characters or better yet, make them generic. All factions need leaders, they just don't need leaders from the Old World.

I have this problem with the Carmine Dragon. A beautiful wizard that is meant to sit on top can't be used, even as a generic wizard on dragon. 

The older I get, the more I appreciate ForgeWorld models... and I definitely want space for them on the table. I'd love to see the Chaos Mammoth back in the table as much as Troggoths, Skin Wolves, Big Squigs, and other random goodies that just diversifies the gaming table. 

• Like 3