The Rumour Thread

You know all this talk about saturdays reveal, I’m going to suggest something outfield... warhammer tv... literally, instead of heresy, aos3 which as some above said may not be revealed until after kragnos is out, maybe they just plan on showing us trailers or release dates... I mean we’ve heard nothing about things like eisenhorn since... maybe the mystery day is literally not about the tabletop at all, it feels like the tv often gets forgotten but they’re definitely on the way and it has been a long while since we heard about the older works! I’ve changed my thoughts and my money is on tv now 😂😂

i going on a limb and say they will reveal the Eisenhorn TV show this Saturday that been in production for a while now.

their new streaming service for all them Warhammer Annimation that they been promoting

Hersey starter set

AoS 3.0

Yeah a guy on the Honest Wargamer show suggested the same thing. Some sort of TV show or film.

Personally I think it'll be Epic 30k with maybe an AoS teaser at the end. I think they just enjoy us talking about 'mongoblins' and 'bretonnian stormcast' too much. 

We'll be theoryhammering here for another month at least.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Yeah a guy on the Honest Wargamer show suggested the same thing. Some sort of TV show or film.

Personally I think it'll be Epic 30k with maybe an AoS teaser at the end. I think they just enjoy us talking about 'mongoblins' and 'bretonnian stormcast' too much. 

We'll be theoryhammering here for another month at least.

That makes sense given SBGL and Kragnos need a full 6 weeks to go on sale alongside 40k offerings. I suspect trailed in June, limited big box end June/ july and starter sets late July / Aug

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

to be fair, i didn't even know Bretonnia existed until i played TW:W 1 and notice a random army in the quick match selection

and i played Warhammer Online and Mark of Chaos back in the day

I love playing Bretonnia in Total War due to their mechanics, but I have to admit they are rather forgettable. While a lot of WHFB factions are derivative in some way, Bretonnia is (visually) one of the most generic factions GW has ever produced. You could ask a stranger on the street to draw a knight and you will get something really close to a Bretonnian. I don't get the hype for bringing them back as they were.

If GW does knights again, I would like a cool twist on it. If I wanted generic knights I could check out other companies like Perry, Fireforge, MomMiniaturas, Westfalia, Warlord, etc, etc..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 hours ago, RamsesIII said:

Not to talk about this all the time, but I just don't see the benefit of making BoC Destruction beyond "I want this army to be something else".

You take away chaos, you take away their entire lore, fully rework their culture, ignore their philosophy, undo their premise, everything but the aesthetic (and not all of it is saved). I'm cool with some beastmen becoming part of Destruction, maybe even developing into their own army, but taking BoC out of chaos? Just make a new army, feral kurnothi, whatever species, Kragnos comes from, something different, whatever. Don't take away the army with the spot that no other chaos army can fill.

Thank you. Well said. I strongly disagree with making BoC destruction. Would take away a huge part of what makes them unique. 

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I love playing Bretonnia in Total War due to their mechanics, but I have to admit they are rather forgettable. While a lot of WHFB factions are derivative in some way, Bretonnia is (visually) one of the most generic factions GW has ever produced. You could ask a stranger on the street to draw a knight and you will get something really close to a Bretonnian. I don't get the hype for bringing them back as they were.

If GW does knights again, I would like a cool twist on it. If I wanted generic knights I could check out other companies like Perry, Fireforge, MomMiniaturas, Westfalia, Warlord, etc, etc..

Agreed so much here.  I also disliked Empire back in Fantasy for the same reasons and still dislike cities/ order of Azur. Much prefer Stormcast in contrast to the fantasy human armies/ other aos human races/models.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

I'd say it all comes to execution. If the minis are great even Johann's faction could be a bestseller. If the minis are bad even the best concept can be a failure.

i know a lot of people that dig FEC lore/theme-wise but just don't feel the models reflect that delusion aspect

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

i know a lot of people that dig FEC lore/theme-wise but just don't feel the models reflect that delusion aspect

Well to be fair, the FEC minis where designed before that aspect of them was created.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

Which is also why all the Newer FEC models are pretty popular. Having scraps of armor and rusting weapons like Duke Crackmarrow and the Ahborrant Ghoul King really sells the delusion.

I like to look at Ludwig the Holy Blade/Accursed Blade from Bloodborne. Horrible, twisted, insane monster who doesn't realize it because he still has that small sliver of hope. He is reassured of his delusion because he still has his holy sword of office.

Edit: My guiding moonlight...

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
Obligatory Ludwig video.
  • Like 5

AoS 2.0, Sacrosanct/Nighthaunt trailers were May 12

A Lord Among Stars, I think the first prelude to 9th 40k, May 10th
40k new edition cinematic May 23rd

Definitely in the date range for them to start acknowledging or teasing a new edition.
May 8th would be only a bit earlier than usual. I could see teaser trailer -> full reveal of box set ~3/4 weeks later -> launch 1 month after.

Edited by Indecisive

23 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Which is also why all the Newer FEC models are pretty popular. Having scraps of armor and rusting weapons like Duke Crackmarrow and the Ahborrant Ghoul King really sells the delusion.

I like to look at Ludwig the Holy Blade/Accursed Blade from Bloodborne. Horrible, twisted, insane monster who doesn't realize it because he still has that small sliver of hope. He is reassured of his delusion because he still has his holy sword of office.

Edit: My guiding moonlight...

Ludwig certainly looked more like a spawn but I'd love to see more Bloodborne-influenced stuff in Warhammer.... which is ironic, as BB seemed to have quite a few inspirations from Warhammer in the first place. 

33 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

My money is on Old World, since there’s supposedly a Total War Warhammer 3 reveal this Friday. I’m hoping for Chaos Dwarfs or Tomb Kings as always.

edit: I was wrong, it’s next Friday, *sad skeleton noises*.

TBH I don’t think they are that far along in making Old world, the last time we saw them they where at concept art stage, I don’t think they are even the concept model stage yet given that their team is quite small.

57 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I am totally for a Dow Stormcast!

But is Sigmar ever familiar with that land?

Nuln was established by a merchant from Tilea, so Sigmar might have been at least aware of them. Though I don't think there's ever been any sort of interaction in the lore between the two. Tileans also worship Myrmidia and not Sigmar.

Dogs of War, or rather, Regiments of Renown specifically, already do kinda of live on in the mercenary company rules we got before. If those were ever expanded into a tome of their own with units that crossed all the alliances similar to how the DoW represented many different races in addition to Tilea, that'd be neat.

Edited by FFJump

if i recall correctly Sigmar was only active during the very beginning of the Empire (like 1AD) barbarian era and then only return during the Endtimes. he was largely gone/dead/ not active during most of humanity 2400 year rise in WHF

6 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I'm really sorry for what happened to Bretonnian players after End Times. I really am. I'd be furious if it happened to my beloved army. But let's face it. There's no place for Bretonnia in AoS. It would be a freak by being too normal. 

"Let's see, we have reforged humans riding small dragons, blind aelves flying on eels, dinosaurs riding dinosaurs, naked fire dwarfs on a magma bleeding giant lizards, classic european heavy cavalry on Andalusian horses, ghouls on giant ...  Wait. What the hell is a horse?"

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Haha 5

Based on the quality of the reveals so far, here is my prediction for Saturday's reveals ... 

- uneccessary preview of next Friday's preview of the new TW3 game we all already know about

- 1 new model nobody asked for

- 7 models we've already seen

- progress report on several animated TV projects, none near completion

- a cryptic clue to something

- embarrassed presenters knowing they're being forced to hype sod all

- 37 minutes in length 

Reckon I have a half decent chance of being on the money here 🤣

Edited by CarkFish
Grammar
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Agreed so much here.  I also disliked Empire back in Fantasy for the same reasons and still dislike cities/ order of Azur. Much prefer Stormcast in contrast to the fantasy human armies/ other aos human races/models.

I'm ok with people trashing brettonia, but leave the mighty empire out of it! (they're fragile and pretty self conscious about their looks. Like a Kardashian...) 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

Based on the quality of the reveals so far, here is my prediction for Saturday's reveals ... 

- uneccessary preview of next Friday's preview of the new TW3 game we all already know about

- 1 new model nobody asked for

- 7 models we've already seen

- progress report on several animated TV projects, none near completion

- a cryptic clue to something

- embarrassed presenters knowing they're being forced to hype sod all

- 37 minutes in length 

Reckon I have a half decent chance of being on the money here 🤣

Na that’s way too much to come out of a reveal from war fest, I reckon half of what you said ;) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I wouldn't be so critical. GW's previews lately are much better than they used to be. New armies are being shown regularly.

This is definitely true, but I’ll admit other than Monday so far they haven’t been so hot, and I think it actually boils down to the fact they’re normally so damn good! And if this was one preview it would be insane, like a **** ton of reveals but, over the course of 6 it doesn’t look so hot now! But if they show us a tv preview like they did with 9th and cool video tease on Saturday it means aos will likely get a proper 1-2hour preview in a few weeks for aos only and that one will be soo good! Plus it’s around January we typically get a new army/range update, so we should see that revealed in about 3/4 months, and tbh with 3rd around the corner it does justify this preview not being so hot for us! So I am very pleased with Mondays reveals but looking forward to the next since that is almost certain to be 3rd! 
And I’m still excited for tonight and Saturday even if they won’t show as much! They’re still great just feels a little like it’s could’ve been done over 3 days instead of 6 

Edited by Deakz28
  • Like 1