The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Kosmion said:

Im not gonna beat a dead horse here but..SC and khorne again.. not surprised tho and i cant really blame GW. The box art looks really oldschool and cool i gotta say!

All they're doing is splitting up the current starter set, and releasing some of those models independently. So I'm not so fussed about it being Stormcast/Khorne this time around because it's nothing new. I guess if anything, it's perhaps an indication that in future we might see some more special characters in future battle tomes.

The problem I have is it takes up a week's release in the year. If I had to fathom a guess, it's because of new 40k. All their plastic production is probably churning out starter boxes and new marine kits. So we've had like a month of packaging up existing models in different ways. Skirmish boxes, splitting up the Escape from Goblin Town set, and now, splitting up the Age of Sigmar set.

Nope, they are literally the starter set's with a change in the colour of the injected plastic. Nothing new.

They can't be "the same casts" if they're all being done as "press to fit" because the old models weren't press to fit.

Given that they're using digital modeling, It could be the same digital models redone to allow press fit.

The quote in the interview indicated that other than the prosecutors, which will require a little glue, it is all press fit.

This kinda meshes up with the redone "battle of vaedros" set from ages ago that was done in colored plastic for the toy stores.

14 hours ago, someone2040 said:

All they're doing is splitting up the current starter set, and releasing some of those models independently. So I'm not so fussed about it being Stormcast/Khorne this time around because it's nothing new. I guess if anything, it's perhaps an indication that in future we might see some more special characters in future battle tomes.

The problem I have is it takes up a week's release in the year. If I had to fathom a guess, it's because of new 40k. All their plastic production is probably churning out starter boxes and new marine kits. So we've had like a month of packaging up existing models in different ways. Skirmish boxes, splitting up the Escape from Goblin Town set, and now, splitting up the Age of Sigmar set.

Maybe it will lead into another Starter Set for AoS?  Perhaps one that features other armies?  I would be okay with that.

1 minute ago, Vaux said:

Question is.... if it's a traitor Primarch... why is there a dead marine in a MK4  armor.... MK4 arent used by the Imperium anymore (at least there shouldnt be many used).

That actually looks more like a Primaris to me, given the sloping on the side of the helmet and the neck guard jutting upwards.

9 hours ago, Vaux said:

Hm could be yeah, just looked at the "snout" that is a MK4like. Anyway... time will tell.

The background goes that the MK X armour originates from MK IV (being the pinnacle of power armour) and pulls the best bits from the later marks.  It does suggest Mortarion - which also suggests we may be one step closer to a new Great Unclean One and the new beast creature (the three of them are all in a new piece of artwork)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

It does suggest Mortarion - which also suggests we may be one step closer to a new Great Unclean One and the new beast creature (the three of them are all in a new piece of artwork)

I think that's what you would normally think but seeing how far in advance some of these sneak peaks seem to be, I wouldn't be surprised if it was something else! There have been rumours about a 'new' race so maybe it's something to do with that?

Most likely it's Mortarion but hey it's a rumour thread ;) 

• Like 1

Might be old news, might be nothing, posting it anyway.

I can't seem to find any of the free pdf downloads for any Nurgle Daemons at the moment (where you normally find it on the GW shop page, there's just no link). With the hints at a 40k release just after DI drops this weekend, perhaps a multi-platform Nurgle Daemons re-release?

Also. Weirdly. Both Ironbreakers/Irondrakes and Hammerers/Longbeards are currently 'sold out online' and no longer available, with no option to 'email me' when they're back in. Possible re-box with rounds as per a few of the other factions recently?

Reboxing like the skellies probably.

We might get some Nurgle daemons stuff. It's possible. Dual kit like tzangors maybe?

One of the next AoS books is Stormcast going to Nurgle garden to save a lord castelant. So yeah.

But where ma hummies and aelfs gw?